Viable suspect: Terry Hobbs #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hair in the knot is a big deal. A very big deal.
You mean the hair people like to claim was in a knot even though they can't provide any documentation to prove as much, which could've come from many other people besides Hobbs, and which is among six hairs recovered from the shoelaces, three of which nobody has been excluded as the source of, and two of which Hobbs is excluded as the source of?

That and that he lied about seeing the kids that day.
Or perhaps the Clarks' memories got jumbled in decade and a half between the murders and when they came forward claiming they saw Hobbs with the boys that day. That possibility can't rightly be ruled out, particuarly given the many witnesses who came forward back in the day saying they saw the boys far further north than the Clarks have recently claimed to around the same time the Clarks say they saw them.

I understood that she hadn't been at work very long and he was just looking for the boy.

When it got serious she was notified.

At what point did it get serious and who do you believe notified her?

Before she left for work, she told Stevie he had to be home by 4:30. Terry took Pam to work to start her 5:00 shift, both of them knowing Stevie wasn't home yet.

Terry picked her up at the end of her shift, 9:30pm, and STILL DID NOT tell her about Stevie being missing. He walked into her workplace and made a phone call. She got the news about her missing child from her 4-year old daughter while sitting in the car waiting for Terry.

ETA: Terry finally told her when he came out that he had just filed a police report & Stevie was still missing.

Details here:
http://callahan.8k.com/pdf/pam_hobbs_interview.pdf

Before she left for work, she told Stevie he had to be home by 4:30. Terry took Pam to work to start her 5:00 shift, both of them knowing Stevie wasn't home yet.

Terry picked her up at the end of her shift, 9:30pm, and STILL DID NOT tell her about Stevie being missing. He walked into her workplace and made a phone call. She got the news about her missing child from her 4-year old daughter while sitting in the car waiting for Terry.

Details here:

This is a big problem. If a child is not home within 30 mins of knowing he has to be home there is a problem.

There is no good explainable excuse for him not calling Pam within that first hour. None.

The fact that he wouldn't be telling her anything she didn't already know and would only cause her to worry more while she worked seems a reasonable explanation to me. Similarly, when did Todd Moore find out his son was missing? I mean sure he was off trucking, and their spouses tend to know how to get in contract with them through their radios.

The fact that he wouldn't be telling her anything she didn't already know and would only cause her to worry more while she worked seems a reasonable explanation to me. Similarly, when did Todd Moore find out his son was missing? I mean sure he was off trucking, and their spouses tend to know how to get in contract with them through their radios.

No way. When you have kids involved it is not a question. A child is missing their mother knows. He did not call her after an hour of him being not home. He was not 13.. He was a little boy. He should have called her and there is NO WAY around that.

Details here:

This bothers me too. HoneyWest. Particularly as the police had been notified of the other boys missing at that point, and Hobbs had been in contact with the other parents as well (JMB mentions Hobbs walking over, etc), so he knew all three were missing.

He apparently knew it before anyone else did too, when he stated that he and Jacoby were out looking for 'three missing kids'.

I find it interesting also that Jacoby mentions Hobbs going missing for periods of time, when they were purportedly getting ready to go out on a search, and not returning to Jacoby's place though he'd said he would.

Then there's Ron Lax turning up the snippet that Hobbs was not at work, as he said he was, on May 5th.

Pam thought he was at work. Jacoby thought he was at work. He didn't correct anyone, on that point, ever - so where was he? Why allow people to think he was at work, when he wasn't?

http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/d_jacoby_declaration.html

So, following your logic, if her shift had been 8 hours instead of 4.5, the news that her child was missing would best be kept from her, to avoid "causing her to worry more"? Yikes.

I don't know when Todd Moore found out Michael was missing, but Dana Moore was out searching the neighborhood and knocked on the Hobbs' door between 5:00 and 5:30 looking for him.

I don't have a problem with discussing TH, but I find it interesting in other threads we can't even discuss people that have not been labeled suspects. TH has never been declared a suspect. Why the exception in this case?

I've put a bit of thought to this question.

TH can now -not ever- be officially a suspect. Well, there might be some way of making him one, legally, but I doubt it will ever happen, put it that way.

However, the blood relatives
of Stevie Branch consider him suspect, as does Mark Byers. There's the DNA, the discrepancies in his alibi.

Two of four surviving other parents thought he was a good suspect. Including the woman he was married to at the time.

That is good enough for me. And as the WM3 case has for all intents blocked any future investigation of viable suspects, it should be fair enough that a person two of four other parents-- strongly -- suspect, and whose DNA is at the crime scene, should be permitted to be discussed.

WS is -full of- discussions about people in other cases who are good suspects, and have never been officially named as such, and also people who have been officially cleared as suspects. I think when the suspect is plastered all over MSM as a suspect, that might count toward some leniency re TOS.

Exactly Kyleb. At the point when all of the 'present' parents are looking for the boys it's not known that they are in danger. At this point they are just misbehaving by not being at home like kids sometimes do.

Exactly Kyleb. At the point when all of the 'present' parents are looking for the boys it's not known that they are in danger. At this point they are just misbehaving by not being at home like kids sometimes do.

It does not matter.. ALL THE PARENTS knew but Pam. She should have been told ASAP. There is no way around that. Steve was HER Son.

Pam should have been notified, one split second after the police were, at the least. And she was not -- not by ANYONE.

Hobbs' behaviour there is odd. It really is.

If you don't have anything to add to the list of reasons why Hobbs IS a good suspect, perhaps arguments can be directed to another thread. As I have repeatedly asked.

ETA: Terry finally told her when he came out that he had just filed a police report & Stevie was still missing.

Details here:

Your link is for 2007 after she divorced.

Back then she said she left for work at 4:55pm

Mrs. HOBBS: Sorry? Yeah. To Michael Moore's house, the other boy. And at first, I told him no. And he kept begging so I went ahead and told him that he could go, and I gave him a time to be home. I told him to be home by 4:30, that if he wasn't home, he would be grounded. And I had to go to work that night. And I left for work around 4:55 and he still wasn't at home. So I went on to work and my husband started searching for him. And we searched all night and just--it come up the next day that he was dead.

http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/geraldo.html

Ah, it seems the "Hobbs wasn't at work" thing is largely unsubstantiated and no documentation can be found at all to prove this. Good reason to strike it from the list, IMO, until I find proof via said docs, if any exist.

I think the first thing that struck me as odd about Terry was when I was watching the news footage shot right by the woods, the boys had been found. It's a very quick scene. There was a shot of Mark being told - to me he looked shattered - then cut to Pam and Terry being told. Pam immediately screams and started to flat drop to the ground. Her loving husband Terry cannot be bothered to drop his precious cigarette to keep her from going down. He made a half-assed attempt to slow her fall, but how much can one really do if they refuse to make full use of both hands? That damn thing stayed in his hand as she went down and his face had no reaction.

Had I been in Pam's shoes, I would have reacted the same way. My husband, however, would have swept me clean off my feet and carried me away from the cameras, crying with me the entire way. Like ANY grieving, loving husband would.

I think the first thing that struck me as odd about Terry was when I was watching the news footage shot right by the woods, the boys had been found. It's a very quick scene. There was a shot of Mark being told - to me he looked shattered - then cut to Pam and Terry being told. Pam immediately screams and started to flat drop to the ground. Her loving husband Terry cannot be bothered to drop his precious cigarette to keep her from going down. He made a half-assed attempt to slow her fall, but how much can one really do if they refuse to make full use of both hands? That damn thing stayed in his hand as she went down and his face had no reaction.

Had I been in Pam's shoes, I would have reacted the same way. My husband, however, would have swept me clean off my feet and carried me away from the cameras, crying with me the entire way. Like ANY grieving, loving husband would.

Do you have a link for that footage you indicated above? TIA

If your child wasn't murdered then you don't know how your family would react.

If you don't have anything to add to the list of reasons why Hobbs IS a good suspect, perhaps arguments can be directed to another thread. As I have repeatedly asked.

I'm trying, Ausgirl! Just listed my 2nd personal reason as to why I believe Hobbs is a good suspect, keeping within the scope of this thread.

:angel:

Thanks for your input, HoneyWest! It's appreciated. :hug:

What I would LOVE to do (or find) is a really hardass breakdown of Hobbs' timeline past 4.30 that day. Or all available versions of that, as it were... since it does shift around somewhat.

I'm not in a hurry, and if there's not one around, I'll happily make one myself as time permits.

If Hobbs is, at then end of an exhaustive look into WHY he was a good suspect, actually NOT a good suspect (I'm not presently concerned with GUILT as much as 'good suspect') - I would be happy to change my opinion there. But right now, I am after facts and solid theories, links and docs where possible.

Of course, doing my own work but I'd love input, hence the thread.

Do you have a link for that footage you indicated above? TIA

If your child wasn't murdered then you don't know how your family would react.

It's in the first few minutes of Paradise Lost 3. It's a clip of local news footage shown within the film. I can't find a direct link to the original, I can only direct you to the scene in Paradise Lost 3, about 31/2 to 4 minutes into it.

I would bet my house that my husband wouldn't hang on to a cigarette while letting me fall to the concrete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda