Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I read, many of those kids who were rescued were foster kids, who most likely were never reported missing. Those are the ideal victims for traffickers, IMO, not taking suburban girls who will be missed at once.

I really wish that the media wasn't so anti sex work, so that everyone can learn about trafficking and HOW IT REALLY HAPPENS. The young girls who are smuggled around are almost always between the ages of 12-14. They are almost all never reported missing because their guardian knows damn well what's going on and typically have their own addictions and were also pimped too. Yes I'm aware of the recent case but what they failed to inform everyone is that those girls who were legal US citizens were not stolen as much as they were "given away" because some mothers etc no longer wanted to work and so the pimps bought them. that is how it REALLY happens. And it's considered trafficking because it's sensational when in all actuality it's more like a sex ring with minors being traded among pimps. That's what trafficking in the US honestly really is. it's absolutely no better but because LE doesn't release the true info - people often believe that every single missing persons case could be a sex trafficking situation. Hardly ever. Run aways get caught up with pimps or boyfriends who turn into pimps, that's true. It's not very true that someone is kidnapped and traded around. They prey on innocence and someone who will not be missed. / rant.

@astrokitty, this takes LE back to the twitter circle, if they're looking for accomplices. I do also think this creep spent some time stalking her. Unlike the 2010 case, he didn't know her personally, so he couldn't make bogus phone calls to get her out of the house. Oh, this is just so sad and sick.

(I know we're going O/T but yeah, "stolen for sex trafficking" seems to be the new "sacrificed in Satanic ritual".)

From what I read, many of those kids who were rescued were foster kids, who most likely were never reported missing. Those are the ideal victims for traffickers, IMO, not taking suburban girls who will be missed at once.

Yep. Many of them are undocumented immigrants from various cultures and backgrounds, and many of them are even - sad to say - bred for it. Others come from unsavory (re: socially deviant) lifestyles like stripping and hooking.

It's highly unlikely that missing 12 year old Samantha from down the street is going to be found in a sex ring. I would be surprised if any of those kids that Seajay mentioned are 1. Classified as missing, and 2. If they are classified, it is by some agency and they are probably not even missed in the sense of having a functional family.

I hate to be blunt, but that's pretty much who we're talking about in those kinds of cases.

I really wish that the media wasn't so anti sex work, so that everyone can learn about trafficking and HOW IT REALLY HAPPENS. The young girls who are smuggled around are almost always between the ages of 12-14. They are almost all never reported missing because their guardian knows damn well what's going on and typically have their own addictions and were also pimped too. Yes I'm aware of the recent case but what they failed to inform everyone is that those girls who were legal US citizens were not stolen as much as they were "given away" because some mothers etc no longer wanted to work and so the pimps bought them. that is how it REALLY happens. And it's considered trafficking because it's sensational when in all actuality it's more like a sex ring with minors being traded among pimps. That's what trafficking in the US honestly really is. it's absolutely no better but because LE doesn't release the true info - people often believe that every single missing persons case could be a sex trafficking situation. Hardly ever. Run aways get caught up with pimps or boyfriends who turn into pimps, that's true. It's not very true that someone is kidnapped and traded around. They prey on innocence and someone who will not be missed. / rant.

You are entitled to your own opinion. However, where are your sources? So, I will post some sources to clarify where I am coming from.
http://www.dosomething.org/tipsandtools/11-facts-about-human-trafficking
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/01/saudi-arabia-human-trafficking_n_3196657.html
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/20...ackdown_in_us_history_nets_70_nj_arrests.html
http://www.today.com/id/27098993/ns...ts-horror-abduction-sex-slavery/#.UgrygBYqwts

I wonder too @writer411 about social media and if it will play into this. I have a pretty decent social media presence and there are scary people who send me very mean emails - things that would make most hide in their homes and never ever leave. i'm sure Alexis had some of that - it's damn near impossible not to. However, I do not think he did more than flirt with people online, I don't think she actually would get conned easily into meeting up with people. I hope at least.

Respectfully, but nothing in your links really refutes what AstroKitty and cluciano said, and in fact supports a lot of it. The point being made is, average US suburban girls from "typical" families are not being abducted and sold into sex slavery. Even your first link makes it pretty clear the stats are about women being trafficked INTO the U.S.

I'm never going to get over where they found her car. Why near where her relatives live? Why not closer to her job at Kids to Kids? Why place it ANY place where it would be discovered? Putting it near her family just seems odd. Especially, with there bein SO many remote places between Nelson and Cville. It's going to bother me until the truth comes out.

Hey all. Just wanted to push you to go look at the "Suspect Randy Allen Taylor" page. There is some new info over there about where he was living prior to 1992. whole new place to start sluething :)

Hey all. Just wanted to push you to go look at the "Suspect Randy Allen Taylor" page. There is some new info over there about where he was living prior to 1992. whole new place to start sluething :)

Is this an FB page, or is it on WS? I would imagine that being how small of a town he's lived in etc that there would be a wealth of information out there.

You know that arson case he caught? It was a car right? First thing that came to mind was that he was attempting to destroy evidence.

Ok, so forget I ever mentioned anything about those kids.

#1 I've been a sex worker for over 18 years.
#2 http://www.swopusa.org

Your personal situation is not a source to every case of human trafficking. I am sorry you may think it is but it isn't. You gave two sources, I gave you sources that related to each scenario that could point to a possibility of human trafficking considering there is a possibly an accomplice. So, I respect that you are entitled to your own opinion, as I am to mine. I cannot continue a discussion with someone who doesn't look at every scenario and then dismiss them based off of evidence, right now we don't know of any evidence only what the LE release. So, to goad and dismiss other people's opinions is not exactly diplomatic but once again you are entitled to your own opinion.

Is this an FB page, or is it on WS? I would imagine that being how small of a town he's lived in etc that there would be a wealth of information out there.

You know that arson case he caught? It was a car right? First thing that came to mind was that he was attempting to destroy evidence.

In the previous thread, somebody posted that it was an attempt at insurance fraud. Which would be the most common reason to burn a car.

This is now a featured case on WS and they just created a forum and it is one of the new threads in the forum.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219213"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219213[/ame]

I haven't dismissed anything, I just don't agree with you.

Anyway, about Alexis..

Did they air anything on the news this evening regarding RAT in court? I really wanted to see how he carried himself in court.

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member