Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's high time the great Commonwealth of Virginia changes it legal code.

I am so sick of violent offenders getting plea bargains, too. Ben Fawley used the Alford Plea and was sentenced to 26 years for the murder of Taylor Behl. He will probably serve 13 years in total. He will serve absolutely no time for Abduction, Kidnapping, Burglary (Erin Crabell's apartment or her boyfriend's) Possession of Child *advertiser censored*, Possession of Stolen property, Robbery, Car Theft (he took Taylor's car) Stolen License Plates (He put on Taylor's car,) Filing a False Police Report, Statutory Rape, Possession of Firearms by a Felon and Commercial Arson. Few of those charges were pursued and some of them were even dropped, in order to get him to agree to an Alford Plea. It is disgusting. That will likely be out by the time he is 51 years Old.

Taylor was the beautiful daughter of close family friends of ours. As a matter of fact, her uncle is one of our best friends. This animal took a plea and now wants to thrown out.

"A Richmond lawyer has filed a petition seeking to vacate the second-degree murder conviction of Benjamin Fawley in the 2006 asphyxiation slaying of Virginia Commonwealth University freshman Taylor Marie Behl.

The 10-page writ of habeas corpus filed in Mathews County Circuit Court alleges that Fawley was not of sound mind when he entered his guilty plea and that he did so on the "errant, misguided and ill-conceived advice" of his court-appointed attorney, William E. Johnson."

I pray this doesn't happen and in the words of Taylor's mom, Janet (Teeny), I hope they love him to death in prison.

Just K... I a mconfused by your last post.
Just agreeing with popsicle. That member and I are apparently from the same area. We also both remember another case, in Virginia, where the suspects preyed on another strong and beautiful 17 year old. Taylor Behl was murdered in the first week of September 2005. She was embarking on her adult life. (Now we are here about another 17 year old Virginia girl. Alexis was just about to start her senior year of HS and to perform the duties of Captain for her team. Her whole life ahead of her just like Taylor.)

In August of 2005, a mutual friend of mine asked if my child & I would be willing to meet Taylor and her Mom... to tell them about Freshman life at VCU, dorm life and what to know about living in Richmond. Timing was off and we never met for lunch. Because, B Fawley murdered Taylor we never will have the chance to meet Taylor. That case is why I am still here doing this Eight years later.

Hope that explains my post.

I am interested to know the source that says RAT is a psychopathic predator. As far as I know he's only been charged with abduction and has been linked to no other murders or victims at this time. I'm not standing up for the guy but is it fair/misleading to call him a predator when we don't know his involvement in other cases for sure?

Oh he is definitely a predator. As to Psychopathic Predator, we will leave that to the experts!

Taylor was the beautiful daughter of close family friends of ours. As a matter of fact, her uncle is one of our best friends. This animal took a plea and now wants to thrown out.

"A Richmond lawyer has filed a petition seeking to vacate the second-degree murder conviction of Benjamin Fawley in the 2006 asphyxiation slaying of Virginia Commonwealth University freshman Taylor Marie Behl.

The 10-page writ of habeas corpus filed in Mathews County Circuit Court alleges that Fawley was not of sound mind when he entered his guilty plea and that he did so on the "errant, misguided and ill-conceived advice" of his court-appointed attorney, William E. Johnson."

I pray this doesn't happen and in the words of Taylor's mom, Janet (Teeny), I hope they love him to death in prison.

That got off very easy. One appeal has already been denied. I hope that he stays in prison even if it is for the 5 or 6 years he has left...after the 26 years gets reduced for time served.

He and RAT are exactly alike...abusing the system and crying for themselves. BF blaming Taylor just like this newest is doing to Alexis.

(My old friend is a long time friend of Janet P's. :(

BTW, that article has the date wrong. Taylor was an incoming Freshman in 2005. BF killed her in 2005 not 2006. He was found guilty in 2006.

It's high time the great Commonwealth of Virginia changes it legal code.

Burglary and Breaking and Entering, of any kind, should be a re-classified as a Felony.

In addition, all 50 States need a universal database for arrest records as well as way to cross reference criminals by fingerprints, DNA, social security number, crimes of a similar nature, etc. And finally, it is time for Mandatory Minimum Sentencing laws with absolutely no deduction in time for time served based on either good behavior or two days for every day served and the like.

I am so sick of violent offenders getting plea bargains, too. Ben Fawley used the Alford Plea and was sentenced to 26 years for the murder of Taylor Behl. He will probably serve 13 years in total. He will serve absolutely no time for Abduction, Kidnapping, Burglary (Erin Crabell's apartment or her boyfriend's) Possession of Child *advertiser censored*, Possession of Stolen property, Robbery, Car Theft (he took Taylor's car) Stolen License Plates (He put on Taylor's car,) Filing a False Police Report, Statutory Rape, Possession of Firearms by a Felon and Commercial Arson. Few of those charges were pursued and some of them were even dropped, in order to get him to agree to an Alford Plea. It is disgusting. That will likely be out by the time he is 51 years Old.

This is DISGUSTING! I am appalled at all the crimes he committed and will not be charged for! That is definitely NOT right! SMH! VA does have some very old laws that need re-writing. I also agree about the mandatory minimum sentence! We have let too many violent offenders out to repeat their crimes! Come on VA- learn from your mistakes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500