Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good post and what makes me even madder is how he has gotten slapped on
the wrists so many times in his long criminal record.He should not have even been out on the streets to begin with.:banghead:

Exactly, the wrist slaps. IMO, he is getting these wrist slaps to mask bigger crimes. Or, getting arrested for petty crimes may trigger a bigger one.
If I were more savvy, I would try to match up his petty crime arrests to just right after, maybe even within hours after, someone was known to be abducted/gone missing. And there would be a time lag between the realized time and the actual time. So say, right after he kills someone and before anyone knows the person is missing, he gets himself arrested. What better way to hide from suspicion than being arrested for a smaller offense?
So we would have to look backwards from the date someone actually
was reported missing to when they were actually abducted and see if he was arrested very shortly afterwards.

The thing that jumps out at me is that even his lawyer has stopped talking.

His lawyer doesn't appear to be known for shutting up.

Wasn't it an FBI agent who spoke so confidently about having "evidence" that the two young girls in Iowa were alive? And not just once, but several times. Very frustrating to learn, much later, that they were of course dead and likely had been since the day they vanished. And still no arrest. :(

I really think the FBI took charge in this case mostly due to the suspect having been "harassed" by LE previously. I don't see trafficking if they have the correct suspect. jMO

http://www.readthehook.com/110023/taylors-encounters-aquaintances-recall-abduction-suspect

great new article on RAT in the Hook... sorry if this is a repost... also Parker at wset is saying " tipster has called me about police activity at White Rock in Lynchburg. We're working to find out details and will have the very latest at WSET.com and on ABC 13 News at 11" Have no idea if he is referring to AM or something else... guess we'll have to wait until "News at 11"
https://www.facebook.com/ParkerABC13?ref=stream&hc_location=stream

Yup, our terrain is the same. I tell my husband we grow good rocks! No matter how many you pick up, wait a few months and more surface. Digging to any depth is almost impossible without a tractor. Even the post hole digger had to have the tip replaced because off all the rocks dulling and chipping it. My garden grows as many rocks as it does tomatoes! Just unbelievable if you haven't experienced it. Hard to describe for those not use to this type of environment.

Doubting someone would be able to dig a deep hole unless it's been raining, and the ground is 'somewhat' softer, though would still take quite awhile, lots of muscles, and sweat! Even just trying to plant a tree is difficult. IMO!

I also live in a mountainous area of north GA which has a very large marble deposit only inches under the surface in most adjoining geographical areas. A mattocks or pick is required for digging.
Most predators will utilize natural drainage ditches, sandy creek/river banks, abandoned wells, or simply cover the remains with tree limbs & other debris.

Old home sites are also scattered throughout the countryside. These sites will usually have a dug well, and hole in the ground where the outhouse once stood. Some even had storm shelters and dug basements/root cellars. These sites can easily be identified due to the very large tree/s in comparison to the other trees in the area.

I noticed that VA has a very high coyote and feral hog population. Feral hogs are nocturnal, multiply rapidly, and have no natural predators other than man. They have a very keen sense of smell, are ferocious scavengers, as are coyotes, and can dig/root 3' into the ground.

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/wildlife/feral-hogs/feral-swine-presentation.pdf

http://www.readthehook.com/110023/taylors-encounters-aquaintances-recall-abduction-suspect

great new article on RAT in the Hook... sorry if this is a repost... also Parker at wset is saying " tipster has called me about police activity at White Rock in Lynchburg. We're working to find out details and will have the very latest at WSET.com and on ABC 13 News at 11" Have no idea if he is referring to AM or something else... guess we'll have to wait until "News at 11"
https://www.facebook.com/ParkerABC13?ref=stream&hc_location=stream

Thanx for sharing, MoxieThyme..
Guess, we can add narcissism, arsonist, and violent rages to RAT's other deviant behavioral traits...

http://www.winning-teams.com/recognizenarcissist.html

Because of a propensity to internalize failure, the narcissist's emotional response to failure is to feel shame, as opposed to guilt felt by people without the disorder. So in order to avoid shame, which the narcissist feels must be avoided at all costs, he externalizes blame for negative events.5 As he feels someone must be guilty, he almost always attributes blame to others.

After hanging out with Taylor for six months, the former friend says, it seemed to him "there was something off with Randy. Everything was always someone else's fault."

In 2004, according to Albemarle County District Court records, Taylor faced a number of charges, but despite pleading guilty to arson for the 2002 torching of a Dodge Ram conversion van, he served no time.
<sniped & BBM>

Have you heard rumors circulating concerning this case which could lead one to believe Alexis is still alive? I know we cannot discuss rumors but they are out there.

There is something different about how this case is being handled/publicized. Maybe too much quiet on behalf of the investigators/LE/FBI? Even RAT's lawyer quit talking.

Usually, you have those in LE who are willing to speak to media, even if it is anonymously, to assure the public the right person is behind bars, a killer isn't still on the loose, that they are doing everything to find the missing person and what they are doing to find them, etc.

There is a reason for the quiet. I hope it is a good reason.

I certainly hope that you are right! So many of us also followed the Morgan Harrington case, and LE were the same way & it drove us to insanity. I realize that they have no obligation to release info to us, the general public, but it would be GREAT if they could just come out & at least ask landowners to browse their property or for other teenagers to not go out alone because they're not sure if it's safe yet, or post a reward or have the public help with searches. Just anything.

Most of us here following this & other cases, have a need to want to do something, anything, to try & help. Maybe they don't need our help, but it's something inside of us that still wants that. I don't think anyone would want this investigation to be jeopardized in any way, but sitting behind a computer twiddling our thumbs while Alexis is still out there, is so hard and makes me, probably others too, feel helpless :( (all moo)

I cannot imagine her families heartache!

Something going down in Lynchburg:

http://www.wset.com/story/23201276/police-incident-sends-man-to-hospital-in-lynchburg

Witnesses on the scene tell us Lynchburg Police were executing a search warrant at 2226 Tulip around 8:45 p.m.

http://www.wset.com/story/23201347/lynchburg-general-emergency-department-on-lockdown
Hospital representatives did not have information as to why the ED was put on lockdown but did tell ABC 13 News that it was put into place around 9:15 p.m and lifted around 10:45 p.m.

So at 8:45 they approach the house to execute the warrant, a man is taken to the hospital, and the ER went into lockdown at 9:15. That would seem to be connected, wouldn't it? Of course it could be just coincidence...

I will never forget that sweet girl and her case. She left my area to go to VCU the same year my daughter left to go to Lynchburg College. That is scary.

We have a lot in common, popsicle. My child and i were meant to meet Taylor, to tell her of VCU and Richmond. We didn't get that opportunity. She and my child had so much in common, even looked alike. Both were young Freshmen. It was devastating when I learned that Taylor was the girl that we were supposed to meet. Every time I see a crescent moon, I think of the gorgeous Taylor and her beautiful smile.

BF, is a carbon copy of RAT... Alexis was a strong and independent 17 yo female like Taylor. I think that is what drives me to work so hard on this case. :(

Are they still looking for the man w/braids based on RAT's "tip"?

I think it's hard for some people to get the drug dealer scenario out of their mind but I guess RAT was genius to throw that out there..he knew it would stick and it is.

Nobody believes the guy's story. He has zero credibility. There really wasn't any "finding" involved. He described an easily identifiable man. It likely took all of 15 minutes for police to match the description with the man's name. Then they did the obligatory questioning and moved on to the case against RAT.

New article about the Lynchburg events: http://www.newsadvance.com/news/local/article_22f24d84-0a07-11e3-90c4-001a4bcf6878.html

I'm guessing this is probably not related to AM.

I've been loosely following along. Just wanted to throw this out there. Didn't RAT say that the person that was with AM had dreadlocks? The mugshot of the person that is wanted looks like he may have been in the early stages of growing dreads. The mugshot is on the left side of the page you linked. Not sure how old the mugshot is. Could be that this is related afterall? Again, I've only been loosely following along so forgive me if I missed info along the way.

Nobody believes the guy's story. He has zero credibility. There really wasn't any "finding" involved. He described an easily identifiable man. It likely took all of 15 minutes for police to match the description with the man's name. Then they did the obligatory questioning and moved on to the case against RAT.

One would hope.

I know I am probably gonna catch flak for this but.... listening to all this discussion on bodies and possible methods of disposal, difficulties with locating, and degradation to remains, etc... I think is missing one particular point of possibility... how about maybe she is still alive? Okay before you tell me how unlikely that is, I know... I get it... I know the stats, etc... Im just saying that with the feds being so tight lipped on this since day one... the fact that the only searching done was for the cell phone and that was very, very thorough, the fact they aren't searching, don't seem interested in searching, and aren't asking others to search... tells me they have known "something" on this from the beginning... Even thinking on the things we do "know" ...most of that has come from tips, press, and RAT himself... there is very, very little that LE has ever confirmed... they haven't confirmed specifically about the hair, or HER phone, or accomplices, or CRD, or a BOLO, or anything... what they did was talk to RAT well before her car was found or he was arrested... they served search warrants (sealed), they eventually arrested him with very little detail discussed... and they searched for her phone like crazy until it was possibly found and then pulled up shop.... as soon as that happened her family was able/allowed to talk freely with the press, something her parents weren't able to do before then... so they obviously had, at that point, what they needed... they have not ever, really searched for Alexis at all... and they have hardly ever confirmed much/most of the info we, the public, think we know as certain... and it has been this way from day one... so this behavior to me says maybe... just maybe... they have a reason for not looking for her... maybe because they know she is not here... maybe they have an idea of where she may be, and maybe she is still alive... Im not preaching false hope here... Im just saying LE & Fed behavior has been extremely closed from the get go on this case... and they, in my limited experience, dont simply not even try to look for someone... our terrain is rough, sure... and vast, absoultely... but so is montana or colorado, or any other area that one has seen searches before... rougher and more vast then ours even.... so since they have, to our knowledge, never really looked for her, and certainly never asked for help in looking for her... then maybe, just maybe there is a reason for that... JMO
I think the exact opposite. I think they know she's dead. They don't want to waste money, resources, time, and put the public and LE in danger with searches. And please dont think I feel it's a waste to find her, but I think they will use it as bargaining power when then present the evidence they have against RAT.

But no flak from me... :)

I think the exact opposite. I think they know she's dead. They don't want to waste money, resources, time, and put the public and LE in danger with searches. And please dont think I feel it's a waste to find her, but I think they will use it as bargaining power when then present the evidence they have against RAT.

But no flak from me... :)

Yep, why use resources to search for her if she is burried somewhere unknown. If they have evidence that there was Alexis's blood, etc. in Taylor's trailer then wasting resources on a search would not be good. This one doesn't look like it will end well.... and I hope LE has enough evidence to tell that they have the right man.

I've been loosely following along. Just wanted to throw this out there. Didn't RAT say that the person that was with AM had dreadlocks? The mugshot of the person that is wanted looks like he may have been in the early stages of growing dreads. The mugshot is on the left side of the page you linked. Not sure how old the mugshot is. Could be that this is related afterall? Again, I've only been loosely following along so forgive me if I missed info along the way.

Corn Rows

Wouldn't a body be the best possible evidence they could have though?

And if there's a chance of her being found alive (which they themselves have said there is) be enough reason to be looking? Isn't that -ultimately - what their job is about? Of course they need to prevent the perp from ever striking again. But they also need to protect AM, if there is the slimmest chance of still being able to do so.

I think they are not communicating for different reasons. For example because they are expecting that he didn't work alone. Or (hopefully - in this case) because there's a chance to uncover a trafficing network...

He said he had cornrows...not dreadlocks.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...al-of-suspects-version-of-events-report-says/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500