Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw, has anyone seen the latest charges in Albemarle County:
http://wasdmz2.courts.state.va.us/CJISWeb/circuit.html

Case Number:
CR04017298-02 Re-Instatement
He has now been charged 8/12/2013 With Violating Probation (Felony) date of offense 8/01/2013 with a Hearing date of 8/16/2013 Capias Granted.

He's not going anywhere anytime soon, IMO.

I wish they would find her. This case needs another break. Yesterday.

I wish they would find her. This case needs another break. Yesterday.

I agree. I hope this is just the calm before the storm, as was stated earlier. The silence from this case in the past 24-36 hours is nerve-racking :scared: It makes me sad to see the thread this slow :(

To those with questions regarding searching for Alexis:

There are MANY state trained search and rescue groups in VA, including K9, horse and foot resources. The local LE must call them in to be utilized, which they have not done. This could be for any number of reasons, but my guess is that they are collecting evidence. I understand there were some para-searchers allowed to fly over certain areas, but the fact that "air support" only is allowed tells me that LE doesn't want anything contaminated by outsiders. THIS IS JUST SPECULATION, I haven't heard an official position on this. When/if the search broadens it is possible that LE calls in the trained searchers IF they feel it would be helpful. Meanwhile, don't get yourself in the position of being injured, lost, sick by traipsing around in the woods. If anything happens to YOU, it can take attention/resources away from Alexis.

:seeya: I see this is your first post. Welcome to Websleuths My cat4prez!

:welcome4: :Welcome1: :wagon:

I am really nervous that he had hidden her long before LE picked up on him, i.e probably within four hours or so of her disappearance. And that he feels confident she will not be found, like Samantha. JMO

A lot of mom's would, especially if they don't know. My parents never knew half of what I did as a teen when I was even younger than AM. My mother swore up and down to me one day that my brother would NEVER touch alcohol when I knew for a fact that he had on a number of occasions. I feel for her mom, may be finding out for the first time what was on her daughter's SM accounts. You'd be surprised at the number of parents who don't know. If AM used her phone for her primary internet access then it is likely her mom never saw it. Much of it may have been for show as well, to look cool to her peers.

On another note....that article said Taylor WORKED at the car wash. I think the media is leading to a lot of confusion without facts.

http://wtvr.com/2013/08/15/alexis-murphy-marijuana-claims/

And are we going to have another day of timeouts and slow loading times? Sheesh. I think I'll go enjoy the beautiful outdoors.

And MoxieThyme...I'm with you on the search. I'd certainly help if they opened up to the public.

iPhones are fairly common devices, and they may have found more than one.

My speculation.
:seeya: welcome. The article you linked stated there was more than one phone found. Even with that the owner of the phone would be known without going to the FBI

I just joined Web Sleuths a few months ago so I had to Google Samantha Clarke's picture.

The one thing that struck me immediately was that Samantha and Alexis both have their noses pierced on the same side.

Might just be a coincidence, but serial killers are frequently known to pick victims who share similar appearances and physical characteristics. This is one of the things that helps the FBI profile them.

I've also heard people mention that Alexis was at a concert? That sounds eerily similar to Morgana Dana Harrington's disappearance. I wonder if LE has considered a possible connection? Morgana didnt have a nose ring but is around the same age and in the same general geographic area.

I just joined Web Sleuths a few months ago so I had to Google Samantha Clarke's picture.

The one thing that struck me immediately was that Samantha and Alexis both have their noses pierced on the same side.

Might just be a coincidence, but serial killers are frequently known to pick victims who share similar appearances and physical characteristics. This is one of the things that helps the FBI profile them.

I've also heard people mention that Alexis was at a concert? That sounds eerily similar to Morgana Dana Harrington as well.

I did not hear about a concert, re: Alexis.
My feeling is he is more of an opportunist, than a specialty abductor, i.e not actively looking, but ready if the chance comes along. JMO

I did not hear about a concert, re: Alexis.
My feeling is he is more of an opportunist, than a specialty abductor, i.e not actively looking, but ready if the chance comes along. JMO

I could have been wrong about the concert...someone mentioned a concert much earlier in the thread so I was hoping for clarification on that. Thank you.

Personally, I dont think it's a coincidence that both of their noses were pierced.

If RAT was involved with Samantha Clarke's disappearance then the nose ring could have been what initially attracted him to Alexis.He could been replaying Samantha's abduction over and over in his head the entire time he was with Alexis.

Im not going to get into the rest of it as I dont want to cause any distress to friends or family who might be viewing the thread but you can rest assured that the FBI will be closely scrutinizing any similarities between the two girls, especially given such an an unlikely and unsavory connection.

Rt 29 goes all the way into Charlottesville as well.On a map its almost exactly mid-way between Lovingston and Orange.

Okayyyy....

Sorry... I am jumping in...

But... I have been wracking my brain trying to figure out if I had really read/heard that AM had been caught on CCVID at Liberty talking to someone at the pumps...

I finally found this reference (see below).

I still have not found a reference by LE as to it being caught on tape... but a worker at Liberty reports she saw AM "talking with a man at the pump before she drove away."

Who this man AM was talking to... I have no clue... :waitasec:

JMO

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/0...nce-photos-released--92523.html#ixzz2bU5tL8RT

Alexis Murphy missing: Surveillance photos released of missing 17-year-old
August 9, 2013 - 08:51 am

Quote:
"NELSON CO, Va. (WJLA) – The FBI is hoping new surveillance photos will help them find Alexis Murphy. The 17-year old Nelson County native has been missing for almost a week now."

"Investigators say the new images show her at the Liberty Gas station in Lovingston, which is where she was last seen. A worker says she saw Alexis talking with a man at the pump before she drove away."

BBM

More at link above...

I think her social media will tell a lot of who she had been talking to. A lot of teens use Kik to message each other. There is logs of all these conversations that I'm sure investigators are going to be looking at. Easily anyone would of been able to had find out her user name and message her. I say that because a lot of her social media profiles are not set to private. It would unfortunately made it easy for some to pose as a teen and message her. I would like to know if any of these phones that were recovered could of been RAT. Maybe pay as you go phones? These are questions I have as well as my own opinions. I have faith the investigators will connect the dots.

:wagon: Hnyb! :welcome:

:seeya:

I have been researching one more thing that has been gnawing at me...

I thought I had read in MSM that RAT had purchased "other items" with the videos at Ultimate Bliss on the day AM went missing...

I have googled and googled... and have found ONLY reports that RAT purchased ONLY videos that day... nothing else...

I am sorry to have mislead you all...

In fact... when I was googling for my research... I found MY OWN INCORRECT POST ON WS!!! :doh: :blushing:

This teaches me to be vewy, vewy careful when submitting information on WS... (though I try to be careful, anyway.)

JMO

Have a busy weekend with lots of running around... Since news always seems to break when I am not on WS, I'm hoping that will be the case today or tomorrow! :please: meanwhile, marking my spot here so I can try to check in on mobile.

Thinking of Alexis and her family, all day - please let today be the day for answers! :rose:

:seeya: welcome. The article you linked stated there was more than one phone found. Even with that the owner of the phone would be known without going to the FBI

Certainly the would "know" by visual clues if one was Alexis' phone. But I think they are going to go through proper forensic protocol to verify it. And I know AM used at least 2 different covers for her phone via images on social media, so it is likely she could have has more thus making an "aha" moment a bit more fuzzy. I do think if they found and iPhone at all then it is almost assuredly hers. But when they find evidence they are going to immediately bag and tag to preserve evidence. I know...preaching to the choir. ;-) While LE may know by hunch it is her phone they aren't going to release info about it in a hunch.

It is going to be a quiet weekend I imagine. We may hear something Monday. We may not. I am keeping my eyes and ears peeled for calls for volunteer search efforts and otherwise backing off unless I hear something from official sources. There is rain in the forecast for that area this weekend. I hope they have found their most crucial evidence. But what I really want is to find Alexis. :(

I could have been wrong about the concert...someone mentioned a concert much earlier in the thread so I was hoping for clarification on that. Thank you.

Zapped, the concert you are relating to Alexis might be the Interlocken Music Festival coming to Nelson County the first week of September. Someone mentioned it on this thread, but I couldn't tell you where. (Just checked it out, I'd love to go. Great bands, good people! I'd love to see Widespread Panic again!) Anyways, I also think they should hand out flyers or something of the sort to the concert goers. These types of festivals don't bring TOO many crazies out of the woodwork, from what I've seen from personal experience. I think they would be willing to help. I feel as if a lot of those people are into the nature and outdoors, maybe they'll be hiking/camping in the area before or after the festival. Just an idea!

FYI: I've moved a few posts over to RAT's background thread so we can keep the information together in one place for easy reference.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219213"]Suspect: Randy Allen Taylor -- Background - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

That's gossip, Imoo.
Someone says they think they heard that someone saw....etc, kwim?

Ackkk the auto correct, lol

I know what you mean, BUT a websleuths member has recently said that her husband saw him in the same area. I think it was yesterday. On another note, there was a gentleman that went to the media and said he saw RAT and 2 other people at a Mini Market near Crabtree Falls. I think 3 people seeing him is not just a coincidence!

Case Number:
He has now been charged 8/12/2013 With Violating Parole (Felony) date of offense 8/01/2013 with a Hearing date of 8/16/2013 Capias Granted.

so.. help me to understand this...

1) they've charged him with a probation violation, in albermarle county... separate from the abduction charge in nelson?
2) what was he on probation for, the arson charge?
3) what were the terms of his probation?
4) they have charged him with violating probation with an offense occurring BEFORE she went missing but not charging him until after he was arrested for abduction in nelson?
5) does this mean its stemming from something he told them in interrogation?

help me to understand, cause I am really confused.... :)

edited for clarification of questions...

Case Number:
He has now been charged 8/12/2013 With Violating Probation (Felony) date of offense 8/01/2013 with a Hearing date of 8/16/2013 Capias Granted.

I have corrected the above to read Probation (Felony).
Sorry, all else is accurate...I was tired and typed wrong word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea