Victim: Alicia Showalter Reynolds and the Route 29 Stalker, 2 March 1996

Just finished the new book Trailed today, about the Williams/Winans murder in Shenandoah. However, the book also spends a great deal of time talking about the Route 29 Stalker. I'd recommend it to anyone here, the author goes into a good bit of detail about this case particularly. On the topic of suspects, Rice is mentioned quite a bit. The author was granted access to court filings and discovery material in the Shenandoah case, and offender DNA and fingerprints at the scene did not match Rice. However, after he committed suicide, lab tests could not exclude Evonitz.

There's some definite dissimilarities, for sure. However, there are *very* few photographs of Evonitz out there. Here's one I only recently came across. Lose the mustache, and I can see a better resemblance.
I read the book too and was really impressed by the amount of information in it that I hadn’t heard before. One of the most fascinating things I read in it was that a print out giving details of Darrell David Rice’s work address was found in Evonitz’s bedroom. I would love to know why he printed that out, it could be a coincidence but still what are the chances?

Amy Baker's case was not a rt 29 case. People know there were more than one murderer in Virginia.I am not sure what this post was supposed to be about but it appeared to me you have not looked at Amy Bakers case and just lumped it into another rt 29 case ,when the truth is there was no rt 29 stalker. Just a guy driving around looking for opportunity when he had the time. Just like the CPK.
The multiple truck descriptions and different suspect composites in the Route 29 cases have always flummoxed me.

Last edited:
The multiple truck descriptions and different suspect composites in the Route 29 cases have always flummoxed me.
Its probably a huge detail about this guys work or lifestyle that will be one of those things that make you question why we/they didnt pick up on the clue way before .
Woman were reporting a man attempting the stops for 2 months prior to AR's murder. LE didnt notify the public until march. However I do wonder if the Lisk/Silver murders aided in LE 's confusion and mistrust in the vehicle descriptions. Then the amount of calls they had to have gotten that were unrelated to either of the cases with descriptions. I mean it had to be confusing. As people were reporting stops from prior and LE was trying to catch up to all of woman over the time period who had been stopped and rely on the memory of an odd 10 second to 10 minute strange encounter that most had not even processed for seconds until after AR's body was found. Dozens of woman ,one article said. TLDR 3 murders 3 suspects and they all had cars similar to the cars listed in the papers at the time. All driving in an around this area everyday back in 1996 Rice,Evonitz,and the unnamed 29 stalker. I also know Erika Sifrit was living in Fredericksburg around this time. I think she should be considered as someone to look at in an unsolved murder kinda localish

Just finished the new book Trailed today, about the Williams/Winans murder in Shenandoah. However, the book also spends a great deal of time talking about the Route 29 Stalker. I'd recommend it to anyone here, the author goes into a good bit of detail about this case particularly. On the topic of suspects, Rice is mentioned quite a bit. The author was granted access to court filings and discovery material in the Shenandoah case, and offender DNA and fingerprints at the scene did not match Rice. However, after he committed suicide, lab tests could not exclude Evonitz.

There's some definite dissimilarities, for sure. However, there are *very* few photographs of Evonitz out there. Here's one I only recently came across. Lose the mustache, and I can see a better resemblance.
This is picture of Evonitz from when he arrested in 1987 and one of the Route 29 stalker composites.
IMG_7501.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7502.jpeg
    IMG_7502.jpeg
    54.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_9334.jpeg
    IMG_9334.jpeg
    290.2 KB · Views: 23
This is picture of Evonitz from when he arrested in 1987 and one of the Route 29 stalker composites.
View attachment 446144
The one poster with all the different composits on it is interesting , where did they get them all from? I know where some came from but the bottom right photo I have seen but dont know when it is from.

There is also this other guy from Caroline VA who was arrested for murdering two woman and leaving thier bodies off an exit ramp in that county. I think he is out currently. I can find very limited info about this guy but his first name is Thomas . I just wanted to compare this Thomas guy to the composits. I however cannot get the googles to give me want I want! I will bbl with a link or something , hopefully.

The one poster with all the different composits on it is interesting , where did they get them all from? I know where some came from but the bottom right photo I have seen but dont know when it is from.

There is also this other guy from Caroline VA who was arrested for murdering two woman and leaving thier bodies off an exit ramp in that county. I think he is out currently. I can find very limited info about this guy but his first name is Thomas . I just wanted to compare this Thomas guy to the composits. I however cannot get the googles to give me want I want! I will bbl with a link or something , hopefully.
I don’t know when the bottom right composite was drawn up. The composites were featured in Pamela Gould’s extensive 24 page report on Evonitz in The Free Lance Star, November, 2007.

I don’t know when the bottom right composite was drawn up. The composites were featured in Pamela Gould’s extensive 24 page report on Evonitz in The Free Lance Star, November, 2007.
TY.
I know I have had have to read it, a refresh is good I guess ,for some reason all the composits together hit me odd . The bottom left one looks to me like the closest to the flashy head light guy from 1996 who tried to get me ,otherwise known as the 29 stalker.All these guys are different so I guess my question is =why so many composits? What crimes were they created for and from what sources? Its time for a list with those details , I think.

TY.
I know I have had have to read it, a refresh is good I guess ,for some reason all the composits together hit me odd . The bottom left one looks to me like the closest to the flashy head light guy from 1996 who tried to get me ,otherwise known as the 29 stalker.All these guys are different so I guess my question is =why so many composits? What crimes were they created for and from what sources? Its time for a list with those details , I think.
I would love to know which composites align with which stops too. The differing composites have always flummoxed me, either there was more than one person flagging down women or it was one person whose appearance changed over time.
Bottom left composite appeared on the official Missing Person poster for Alicia Showalter Reynolds - I don’t know if that one was based on the man seen talking to Alicia or the earlier stops.

I wonder if the top left composite comes from the stop detailed below?

The Daily News Leader, 15th June, 1996

"The woman told deputies she was approaching a stop sign on Old Orange Plank Road at Virginia 3 near the Wilderness area just before midnight when she noticed a small pickup truck parked on the right side of the road, Ms. Sullins said. When she brought her car to a stop, a man ran up to the driver's side door, tapped on the window and tried to open the door, which was locked. The woman then drove away, and the man pursued her in his truck. She did not get a license plate number, Ms. Sullins said. She was able to elude him, and at 12:15 a.m., saw a county sheriffs deputy and reported the encounter to him. The woman described the man as white, between 5-foot-10 and 6-foot tall, with a beard. She said his truck was a small, dark-colored pickup with stripes on the side."

The above description is not unlike this guy either from November 1996.

Just thinking, it seems the beard makes an appearance in the later stops, if it’s the same person maybe he started to grow a beard/goatee from March 1996 on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lengthy article.

1699803289756.png

The 1996 murder of Alicia Showalter Reynolds, 25, remains unsolved nearly thirty years later but her family are urging police to reexamine her case

''Route 29 Stalker victim's sister claims sketch of mystery murderer looks like Gilgo Beach serial killer suspect Rex Heuermann as she calls on cops to re-open decade's-old cold case​

• The 1996 murder of Alicia Showalter Reynolds, 25, remains unsolved nearly thirty years later but her family are urging police to reexamine her case
  • The accused Gilgo Beach murder suspect, Rex Heuermann, 60, bears a potential resemblance to a police sketch of the presumed killer of Reynolds
  • She was killed by the still unidentified Route 29 Stalker while driving from Baltimore to Charlottesville - her car was found as the side of the road
By JAMES GORDON FOR DAILYMAIL.COM 12 November 2023
''There appears to be a resemblance between Heuermann, 60, and a police sketch of the presumed killer of Alicia Showalter Reynolds, who was murdered in March 1996.

Alicia was a promising graduate student at Johns Hopkins University and working on a vaccine for a parasitic infection at the time of her vanishing.''
She was 25 years old when she was killed by the still-unidentified Route 29 Stalker while driving from Baltimore to Charlottesville.

Alicia's family recently noticed similarities between Heuermann and the sketch of the Route 29 Stalker and have now asked investigators to explore this potential connection.''
1699803202919.png1699803218345.png
Upon noticing the resemblance between Heuermann and a 1996 police sketch of the Route 29 Stalker, Alicia's family have urged investigators to delve deeper into the potential connection
1699803333662.png
Alicia's family recently noticed similarities between Gilgo Beach murder suspect Rex Heuermann, right, and the 1996 sketch of the Route 29 Stalker, pictured above

He murdered two women and left them off an exit ramp..and he is out of prison? OMIGOD

He murdered two women and left them off an exit ramp..and he is out of prison? OMIGOD
Yup. Same county even..last I knew.
This Rex comparison has me shook .
If anyone has him in a red ford pick up ..lmk.
Rex does look like the guy ,it been years so I wouldnt be able to say for sure it was anyone but I will say this comparison is really close to looking like the guy who tryed to pull me over . This is the first time in all the comparisons ,this has happened.
I think he is taller than what I thought the suspect to be ,based on my 19 year old knowledge of sitting men in trucks ,i guesss? Its an impression of how tall i thought he was . But Rex would be way tall ,I feel I would have got that impression .
They have DNA in this case so ,we shall see soon ! I hope.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back