Victim: Alicia Showalter Reynolds and the Route 29 Stalker, 2 March 1996

Any news from Colorado? Still find it strange that DDR is not listed on ANY sex offender registry. Isn't he required to be?

This statement by Alicia's mom really got me thinking about cases that are like hers.

“You wish that somehow the investigators would have gone through and tried to see if they could link all of the cases at the time of Alicia’s disappearance. That’s what they said they were doing,” Showalter said.

“I haven’t gotten the kind of response and help that these people are getting—checking cases that might be similar.

“You wish that would have happened in Alicia’s case.”

Alicia's case differs from Marc evonitz known crimes and his methods.
Alicia's case differs from the styles of RATS and Jesse Matthews known crimes as well.
Is also differs from the colonial parkway murders.

So looking for a case that fits in line with Alicia case. I remembered Amy Baker.

Baker found out that her daughter’s car — a baby blue 1970 Volkswagen Beetle — had been discovered by the Virginia State Police with its flashers blinking sometime around 10 p.m. from the southbound side of Interstate 95 near Backlick Road in Springfield. It had been been considered abandoned and was subsequently towed away.

http://www.fairfaxtimes.com/article/20140306/NEWS/140309602/twenty-five-year-old-murder-still-unsolved&template=fairfaxTimes

I think it is possible these two cases might be related, as the "29 stalker" Did attack a woman in woodbrige . I have always felt the Route 29 label to be misleading because there were attempted stops on other roads.

Photo Of Alicia from this link.
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?
page=gr&GRid=36229505

Alicia1.jpg

They also look similar.

@ just k

yes from what i understand Evonit was in seattle the same time as taylor also in the same living area as taylor in virginia.. If we look deeper his truck is the same style as taylor.

For another interesting Evonitz loop,

This case here.
http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/communities/northfield_linwood_somers-point/article_2a292b52-780d-11df-ac27-001cc4c002e0.html

Lawrence Gaudenzi had refused to say where Lisa’s body was, until last Wednesday, when he led investigators to a remote area in Spotsylvania County, Va., about 30 miles from the couples’ former home.

There is more going on with this guy as well as his wifes murder...
The admitted killer is the prime suspect in the disappearance of Randy Evans, a homeless Richmond man who has not been seen since 1998. Gaudenzi was found living under that name in 2002. That investigation is ongoing

In 1995 this man hides his wifes body on the same road Marc evonitz lived on. She was not found until year later. However the following year is when the murder of Anne Mcdaniels happened who lived in Caroline county (same as lisa) and where Marc's second wife was from.

Anne went missing from Orange and was found 7 miles from Alicia.

Lisa was in the military ,I do not know if she was ever in seatle ,but both Lisa and Lawerance were from NJ.

So the name the stalker gave Larry breeden becomes a tiny bit more interesting. Then compared to the composit of the 29 stalker, larry's mug shot is extremely interesting.

Wondering if anyone here has heard about Timothy Hennis. He was found guilty in the 1985 brutal murders of Kathryn Eastburn and her two daughters in Fort Bragg, NC. BUT, HE WAS NOT FOUND GUILTY UNTIL 2010. This means he had lots of time to be actively committing crimes in those 25 years. Granted, he was stationed overseas at certain points in time.

This article sums up the details of the Eastburn case:
http://abcnews.go.com/2020/3rd-trial-master-sgt-timothy-hennis-guilty-1985/story?id=10324918

The reason I am bringing up Tim Hennis in this forum is because he slashed his victim's throat (which we know also occurred in several unsolved cases in Virginia). Secondly, in my opinion he bears a physical resemblance to certain composites from the 29 stalker/ Alicia Showalter cases.

route 29.jpg
"Kathryn "Katie" Eastburn, 32, had been raped, slashed at her throat and
stabbed in her chest. Daughter Erin, 3, was also dead, her neck nearly
severed. Kara, 5, also died after her throat was cut." http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Alt/alt.true-crime/2007-05/msg00488.html

Attachments

• Hennis.jpg
    Hennis.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 80
Wondering if anyone here has heard about Timothy Hennis. He was found guilty in the 1985 brutal murders of Kathryn Eastburn and her two daughters in Fort Bragg, NC. BUT, HE WAS NOT FOUND GUILTY UNTIL 2010. This means he had lots of time to be actively committing crimes in those 25 years. Granted, he was stationed overseas at certain points in time.

This article sums up the details of the Eastburn case:
http://abcnews.go.com/2020/3rd-trial-master-sgt-timothy-hennis-guilty-1985/story?id=10324918

The reason I am bringing up Tim Hennis in this forum is because he slashed his victim's throat (which we know also occurred in several unsolved cases in Virginia). Secondly, in my opinion he bears a physical resemblance to certain composites from the 29 stalker/ Alicia Showalter cases.

View attachment 65197
"Kathryn "Katie" Eastburn, 32, had been raped, slashed at her throat and
stabbed in her chest. Daughter Erin, 3, was also dead, her neck nearly
severed. Kara, 5, also died after her throat was cut." http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Alt/alt.true-crime/2007-05/msg00488.html

Yikes, IMO he bears a resemblance to all of those different sketches!

Interesting theory on Timothy Hennis, and he does bear a resemblance to the various sketches of the Route 29 Stalker suspect. I can't help but wonder if he has any ties to that area of Virginia.

Bill Thomas
Brother of Cathleen Thomas
Colonial Parkway Murders

Interesting theory on Timothy Hennis, and he does bear a resemblance to the various sketches of the Route 29 Stalker suspect. I can't help but wonder if he has any ties to that area of Virginia.

Bill Thomas
Brother of Cathleen Thomas
Colonial Parkway Murders

There are some Hennis surnames in Hanover , Per facebook.

20 years ago: Alicia Showalter Reynolds disappears on Route 29

http://www.nbc12.com/story/31361406/20-years-ago-alicia-showalter-reynolds-disappears-on-route-29

Wednesday marks 20 years since a grad student from Baltimore went missing on her way to Charlottesville, only to be found dead months later. The case has never been solved.

The news of the abduction and death led to several other women coming forward with stories of a man who stopped them or tried to stop them while they were on Route 29 in Culpeper. Over the years, authorities released a sketch and have received more than 10,000 leads, but the case remains unsolved.

I remember this case well as I live in VA and not far from Culpeper. Sadly, even with the composite and partial description of his vehicle, no POI has ever been named. As you correctly pointed out, there have been several unsolved disappearances/murders in that area of young women. Lets hope for a break in the case.

Mountain:

Keep in mind that the Route 29 Stalker suspect in the Alicia Showalter Reynolds poster above would be 20 years older now-- I don't see the suspect in the Isle of Wight wanted poster looking enough like the Route 29 Stalker suspect 20 years on.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks.

Bill Thomas
Brother of Cathy Thomas
Colonial Parkway Murders

I stumbled across this article today about new information in the case of the murder of [FONT=&amp]Anne Carolyn McDaniel. It was posted last month .

http://www.dailyprogress.com/starex...cle_7f50bf16-8060-11e6-b8cf-0b3442283929.html
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]DNA was found, but it was insufficient to match anyone so far,” he said, adding that “more examinations are forthcoming” and that he is about to submit another piece of evidence he believes could be crucial to solving the case.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Butler said a new timeline and location of the last reported sighting of McDaniel has been another crucial development in the case, and it has shifted focus away from the original suspect.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

I stumbled across this article today about new information in the case of the murder of [FONT=&amp]Anne Carolyn McDaniel. It was posted last month .

http://www.dailyprogress.com/starex...cle_7f50bf16-8060-11e6-b8cf-0b3442283929.html
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

Thank you for finding and sharing this! This is hopeful news on Anne's case! Who knows, maybe if they solve her case it will start an unraveling of even more related crimes against the women of Virginia. These families deserve to have answers and the perp needs to be put out of commission. RAT comes to the forefront of my mind as being a possible person of interest in Anne's case. If I remember correctly he was known to spend time around Orange, VA and Ruckersville, VA for years, as well as points south on Route 29. He went to gas stations to troll for women. Anne would have been an easy target if she was looking for a ride in downtown Orange or possibly hitching.

Mountain:

Keep in mind that the Route 29 Stalker suspect in the Alicia Showalter Reynolds poster above would be 20 years older now-- I don't see the suspect in the Isle of Wight wanted poster looking enough like the Route 29 Stalker suspect 20 years on.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks.

Bill Thomas
Brother of Cathy Thomas
Colonial Parkway Murders

I agree, the Isle of Wight sketch does look too young to be the Route 29 stalker 20 years older. I didn't think about the time difference when I posted that.

There is a new book on the Colonial Parkway Murders, 'A Special Kind of Evil: The Colonial Parkway Serial Killings' by true crime authors Blaine Pardoe and Victoria Hester out now. Well worth reading. The book includes coverage of the Route 29 Stalker case and the death of Alicia Showalter Reynolds.

https://www.amazon.com/Special-Kind.../ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Bill Thomas
Brother of Cathy Thomas
Los Angeles, CA

I was on one of the Lyon sisters' threads and got to thinking about Lloyd Lee Welch Jr. (LLW Jr.) now that he has plead guilty to their murder. LLW Jr. was on the streets doing who knows what until the late 1990s when he went to prison. He was sentenced for child molestation that occurred in Prince William County, Va. as recently as the 1990s.

http://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/Welch-to-enter-plea-in-Bedford-County-murder-case-443916403.html

In looking at older photos of LLW Jr. I can see certain features in common with the sketches of the 29 stalker. May be far fetched, but here are the pics to compare. Lloyd Lee Welch.jpgroute 29.jpg

You see this might be me getting in trouble again but I believe Ralph Jackson is the likely suspect in this case.

I dunno who Ralph Jackson is. I also do not think L welch is the rt29 stalker . I do however hold a strong affinity for 2 things about Alica's case. 1 that she was a middle victim.Not the first or the last. and 2. That the person that murdered her had or has a facial abnormality that the FBI is aware of and keeping quite about.

I dunno who Ralph Jackson is. I also do not think L welch is the rt29 stalker . I do however hold a strong affinity for 2 things about Alica's case. 1 that she was a middle victim.Not the first or the last. and 2. That the person that murdered her had or has a facial abnormality that the FBI is aware of and keeping quite about.

Thanks for your reply and sharing your theory. As I have researched the cases you feel as if you know some of the victims a little and Alicia seemed a lovely girl or young woman.

I will post some details of my suspect in this case who is Ralph Leon Jackson. He is a photo of him compared to the Route 29 Stalker sketch:

RalphLeonJackson.jpg
June 10, 2011 Ralph Leon Jackson, the pecker pill thrill-killer, gets life without parole

Route_29_Stalker_sketch-320x401.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back