VICTIM - Lisa Pate, 32, of Youngsville, LA (Theories)

Hmmmm. I actually thought I read it here on WS. Maybe it was in a post that was deleted?

The post said that both had been in rehab, postulated that is where they met.

Lisa's family said she had been in rehab.

Rumor had it that BSLhad been to Pineville State Hospital.

It was speculated that maybe they were both in a rehab together.

it saddened me to read the wording of the document...after all this time, i still don't feel like lisa has gotten the justice she deserves...i am grateful that her case is finally closed, but it just doesn't seem like "enough" to me...i suspect the reason he wouldn't admit to it is because he figured his attorneys could discredit the ex-cons he told the story to in prison...ironic that he apparently believes his word is more reliable than any other ex-cons'.

Good catch, simon magus..
Guess, since BSL considered his rape confession & conviction was due to him being railroaded by the justice system. His story was much more credible and would be accepted as gospel.
What a warped mind BS Lavergne, possessed..

it saddened me to read the wording of the document...after all this time, i still don't feel like lisa has gotten the justice she deserves...i am grateful that her case is finally closed, but it just doesn't seem like "enough" to me...i suspect the reason he wouldn't admit to it is because he figured his attorneys could discredit the ex-cons he told the story to in prison...ironic that he apparently believes his word is more reliable than any other ex-cons'.

IMO, BSL's thinking is even more warped than that. I believe that he actually felt that since LP voluntarily accompanied him, she was at his disposal to do anything he wanted with her. She asked for it...the nerve of her wanting to go see her kids when he had urges to satisfy...and trying to steal his vehicle...she deserved that beating.

As tragic as the MS case is, to me LP is even more heart-wrenching. She seemed to be considered disposable by many. She was a side note to the MS case. When her body was found her brother shrugged and pointed to her risky lifestyle as the reason for her death; LE and DA didn't put forth the effort they did in the MS case; definitely not an outpouring of community concern and even the newspaper used the wrong name in her obit. All very sad. I have to admit though, the one party who always showed compassion to the Pate family was the Shunick family. Condolences to the Pate family were always a part of Shunick statements. Classy, compassionate people. RIP, Lisa!

IMO, BSL's thinking is even more warped than that. I believe that he actually felt that since LP voluntarily accompanied him, she was at his disposal to do anything he wanted with her. She asked for it...the nerve of her wanting to go see her kids when he had urges to satisfy...and trying to steal his vehicle...she deserved that beating.

As tragic as the MS case is, to me LP is even more heart-wrenching. She seemed to be considered disposable by many. She was a side note to the MS case. When her body was found her brother shrugged and pointed to her risky lifestyle as the reason for her death; LE and DA didn't put forth the effort they did in the MS case; definitely not an outpouring of community concern and even the newspaper used the wrong name in her obit. All very sad. I have to admit though, the one party who always showed compassion to the Pate family was the Shunick family. Condolences to the Pate family were always a part of Shunick statements. Classy, compassionate people. RIP, Lisa!

i totally agree...she's been almost an afterthought...very sad.

Yes, the Shunick family has been amazing in that regard. Good for them. I know Mickey is proud.

I agree. We have to remember that when Lisa died, there was no Facebook nor were there a lot of other social networking sites to be utilized.
LE does not seem to pursue the cases of those thought to live an "on the edge" lifestyle like they do of a blonde haired college student. It goes back to "less dead".

For Lisa:
I just want you to know that I think about you and your kids all the time and wish BSL would have been caught, tried, and convicted of your murder in 1999. You are not forgotten or pushed to the wayside.

I feel very guilty. Throughout this entire case, even after we heard of Lisa, Mickey has always been on my mind. As cruel as this sounds, sometimes I even forgot that Lisa was a victim, because of the the lack of media coverage.

And for that, I'm very sorry.
Lisa is as equally important as Mickey, or any other victim.

I too, feel like Lisa didn't get the "justice" she deserved. I think there is so much more to the abduction of Mickey and Lisa than we will ever know.

She reminds me of Evyonne Rosier as well....

"We received a call that a hunter had stumbled upon what he believed to be human remains in a remote wooded area in La Salle Parish," says Sheriff Scott Franklin.

The human remains were not the only piece of evidence that were hidden in these thick woods in La Salle Parish that led to Rosier's identity.

"There were woman's clothing that were laying about 50 yards from the remains that were found and my detectives talking with the LSU faces lady put two and two together and it brought up Ms. Rosier's missing three years ago," says Sheriff Scott Franklin.

After the forensic lab at LSU identified the remains as Dorothy Eyvonne Rosier, RPSO took over the case.

"It was La Salle Parishes case first. It was found remains, they started investigating it. They knew that we had some missing persons down here, they contacted our detectives. Our crime scene went up and assisted them and then they gathered all the evidence that was there on the scene," says Lt. Tommy Carnline.

Investigators are now looking for a motive and any suspects, and they need your help.

"Our detectives are still investigating and looking at every little piece of evidence that we get. We would appreciate any of the public that may know any little bit of information that they would come forward. They can come forward unanimously through crime stoppers or they can contact us directly," says Lt. Tommy Carnline.

Lt. Carnline says the Rapides Parish Sheriff's Office isn't ruling anything out, as he wants to bring closure to the Rosier family.

"Our detectives are treating this like a homicide. We're not going to speculate on any suspects or cause of death at this time. We don't want anything that may hinder our investigation and ultimately a conviction," says Lt. Tommy Carnline.

http://www.kalb.com/story/20320100/human-remains-identified?config=H264

For Lisa-
When I watched the Dateline episode about Mickey I kept waiting for them to at least mention your name & show your picture when the refered to the "other murder" BSL had committed. I wish we would have at least seen your face on our screens for a spilt second & heard your name. Know that everytime they said something about the order murder, I said "Lisa Pate" in my head.

I think BSL may be shooting himself in the foot by his continued letters to the judge trying to appeal his conviction(s). Honestly I think he wants his conviction in Lisa's case overturned more than in Mickey's case, as he wouldn't even "really" acknowledge killing Lisa in the guilty plea. I think if he presses the issue and a judge doesn't give him a gag order like he wants, we may know more about what happened to Lisa, as he is asking for (among other things) transcripts from the Acadia Parish grand jury years ago when they issued a stay when they took up charging him with Lisa's murder & the transcripts of the conversations with his ex-wife while he was in jail for rape (prior to Mickey's murder but after Lisa's murder....I have a sneaky suspicion she was sent to try to get him to talk about Lisa).
http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/...s-names-witnesses-recording-interview-ex-wife

:bump: for Lisa.

Not forgetting you, lady.

In BSL's recent farce of an apology letter to the Acadiana community, he didn't express real sorrow for the death of Mickey and tried to spin it as self-defense or some BS no one buys. And he didn't mention Lisa at all.

He can try to act like Lisa never existed. Thanks to Mickey, people who never knew her know she did.

He can try to act like he didn't murder Lisa. But the public knows he did. And we aren't about to forget.

Thinking about you today, Lisa, and the life that was stolen by a monster....
:rose:

there is so much about the facts regarding Lisa's case that are wrong. such much conjecture that is just so off. for instance, it was Lisa's mother who was led out of courtroom, and the person leading her out was Lisa's sister. they did sit right next to the Shunick family, as Lisa's sister had become quite good friends with the Shunicks during this ordeal. Lisa's sister very involved from the beginning in 1999, and throughout the whole Shunick ordeal. she carefully and successfully avoided the media during this whole time with the Shunicks help. Her sister realizes that Lisa's story needs to be told, and will someday do this, to set many a record straight. I know this to be true, as i am Lisa's sister.

Lisa was not left out from the Dateline NBC program. it was planned for this program to be about Lisa as well, but i was unable to assist at that time. there have been many programs wanting to tell Lisa's story, and I will do this sometime soon. i am still being approached for Lisa's story by major TV production companies. So her story will be told and all the conjectures and imaginings corrected.

Welcome, dallasgirl. Thank you for posting. If, and when, the time comes and you are ready, I hope you will consider being verified as a family member to share Lisa's story with us here at WS. As you can see from the posts in this thread, and the many comments interspersed in threads throughout the forum, we have great interest in learning more about Lisa as a person -- about her life, and how she came to be a victim of Brandon Scott Lavergne.

My sincere condolences to you, and to all of Lisa's loved ones. :hug:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167277"]Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Dallasgirl,

Thank you for posting.

I am sorry for your loss and the many years your sister's case went without justice until BSL was charged & sentenced.

When you are ready to post more about Lisa, we will be here to listen and support you however we can.

Sending love and light your way.

Welcome dallasgirl, we are happy to hear from you. Please know we are here for you and always ready to listen. Your sisters story does deserve to be told and we support you when you are ready.

We haven't forgotten you, Lisa.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back