Victim: Samantha Clarke, 19, missing from Orange County VA, Sept 2010 -- Link??

There was an update in the news today related to Samantha's case: Samantha Clarke case is now a murder case

Thanks for posting!
a few respectful snips so the info does get lost if the link ends:

" ... new information and advances in investigative and forensic technology...reclassified as an active abduction and murder investigation ...there are new clues....Technology that was not available at the time...has allowed us to develop new investigative leads...We've always felt like we're close...from the time it was reported to us initially on Sept. 15, 2010...Randy Taylor...was considered a prime suspect in Clarke's disappearance...wouldn't say if Taylor is still under investigation.. was one of the last people to have contact with Samantha Clarke. Beyond that, we're not going to comment any further,...believes people in the community could possibly have more information ..."

I wonder if those teens Randy was hanging with are about to get charged. We never really heard anything about them and i do not believe any of them testified.

Samantha Clarke, 19, was last seen just after midnight on September 14, 2010, at her home in Orange, Virginia. She told her brother she was leaving, but didn’t say where she was going. Police say Samantha didn’t take any personal belongings with her. She hasn’t been heard from since. Police say foul play is suspected in Samantha’s disappearance and a detective is actively working on her case. Samantha is described as being 5’4” tall and weighing about 145 lbs at the time of her disappearance. She has brown hair and brown eyes. She also has a Playboy bunny tattoo on her right arm, a Tigger tattoo on her right ankle, and two dolphin tattoos on her lower back. If you have any information on the whereabouts of Samantha Clarke, please contact the Orange Police Department at (540) 672-1491.
Seven years of Dateline's Missing in America: 156 still missing

"Due to new information and advances in investigative and forensic technology, Samantha's missing person investigation has been reclassified as an active abduction and murder investigation," said Chief James Fenwick of the Town of Orange Police Department.

Nineteen-year-old Samantha Anne Clarke went missing on Sept. 13, 2010 and was never found.

Officials say she said goodbye to her brother and left her home with only her house key. At the time, investigators searched all over Central Virginia, including Chris Greene Lake and found nothing.

"Technology that was not available at the time Samantha went missing has allowed us to develop new investigative leads," said Fenwick.
Samantha Clarke case is now a murder case

The disappearance was, and still is, a shock to the small town.

“We still have the community where people feel like they can leave their cars unlocked at night,” Fenwick said. “So, for something that for this to happen, and then for to go on the length that it has, that is certainly frustrating to the family, certainly frustrating to the community and equally frustrating to us.”

Every week, I get updates,” Orange Commonwealth’s Attorney Diana O’Connell explained. “It’s been really worked on tirelessly by this, this very small police department and the resources have been not skimped.”

Chief Fenwick echoed O’Connell’s claim: “We have expended, you know, untold amounts of resources in this case, and will continue to. That is of no concern. We’re going to do what we need to do to be able to get answers for Samantha’s family.”

The Town of Orange Police Department still believes someone in the town knows something about Samantha’s disappearance that could break the case wide open.

“They may be the key that breaks this whole case open,” Fenwick explained. “They may be the key that helps a grieving mother have peace in her life. They may be the key that helps a grieving soul, you know, have peace.” bbm
Samantha Clarke disappearance case reclassified as an abduction and homicide investigation

I am really curious as to this new tech. I cant imagine what it could be they have had his phone and she didnt have one. I remember where a few teens that where milling around behind the headlines but nothing ever happened with that . I hope to hear more sooner than later 10 years already.

upload_2021-2-13_19-32-45.jpeg
upload_2021-2-13_19-33-41.jpeg

“We still have the community where people feel like they can leave their cars unlocked at night,” Fenwick said. “So, for something that for this to happen, and then for to go on the length that it has, that is certainly frustrating to the family, certainly frustrating to the community and equally frustrating to us.”
Samantha Clarke disappearance case reclassified as an abduction and homicide investigation

View attachment 284161
View attachment 284162

So i find this media statement kinda crazy. As a person who has lived here for a long time...WE KNOW it is safer to leave keys in the car and the car unlocked ,never put house keys on your car keys and watch your street...However we have always known...these are the safest things to do in the dark shaded country.The insurance people and the police say this makes you a target for theft, They increase your rates. Really these things increase your personal safety. Desperate people need outs and if they dont have them they murder what they think are obs-tickles. IMO

Checking to see if she had been found. I still believe Randy Taylor either killed her or knows who she was with. He went to prison for the Alexis Murphy murder.

Checking to see if she had been found. I still believe Randy Taylor either killed her or knows who she was with. He went to prison for the Alexis Murphy murder.
I'm with you JnRyan. RAT definitely murdered Samantha. She, being a good judge of character, probably rebuffed his advances. She was not romantically interested in him (IMO).

Does anyone know why readthehook can't be accessed anymore
That paper has been out of circulation for quite some time, if I'm not mistaken. However, you should still be able to access prior articles.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back