Victim: Samantha Clarke, 19, missing from Orange County VA, Sept 2010 -- Link??

No your article did say she had plans to go out again that night with them. Im pretty sure because when you posted it this week I learned a few things I didnt know. Like, she had just met these guys (including RAT) a few days before her disappearance.

Sorry, you are correct. According to Samantha's mother Samantha said a second repo ride might take place Monday night.

Samantha had been on an earlier repo ride Sunday including Taylor.

Sorry, you are correct. According to Samantha's mother Samantha said a second repo ride might take place Monday night.

Samantha had been on an earlier repo ride Sunday including Taylor.

Poor girl had no idea what she was walking into. As 'trusting' as she was to become involved with these guys so quickly Im sure RAT picked her up by saying they would go pick up the guy afterwards.

I believe the landline only had local calling. I think, but am not sure, that RAT had a cell phone because he had texted the cell phone which was in the mom's possession.

ETA: Here is the information concerning the text:

http://www.readthehook.com/108360/l...amily-mourns-suspect-claims-police-harassment

I swear every time I read this article, I find something new!!! It's amazing how the brain skims over an article and misses very important details! SMH! :scared:

I swear every time I read this article, I find something new!!! It's amazing how the brain skims over an article and misses very important details! SMH! :scared:

very true! When I read it last week I felt like I had read half of it but then tons of stuff was new to me. Weird!

MoxieThyme You are correct! I should have thought about that. Lynchburg is different area code from Bedford, yet just minutes apart. Big Island same area code as Lynchburg, yet at one time calling Lynchburg was still considered long distance! It's not now, thankfully. Guess I clearly wasn't thinking in that regards.

I was out and about today with the fiance. We took a ride and ended up in Orange county and the surrounding areas. I saw a missing flyer for Samantha in Rapidan, VA. Unfortunately, that was the only poster I saw. Honestly with a look at the lay of the land~ she could be anywhere. There is a lot of rural farm areas, steep grades etc. It would be very hard to search these areas! Sending up a prayer that she and Alexis are both found soon!

I'm going up that way during thanks giving week. Me and few of friends are going to talk LE up there.

One thing we have noticed is there parent or relatives saw things in the surrounding area like (rat) prior to them not being seen again in the same exact fashion. That's one thing that stands out in my mind.

Im not trying scare anyone or defame mr .Taylor but I found it very very exact to another female stalker which I will not name because .I'm telling LE up there. But his style of stalking was often stemming from actual or perceived rejection by the victim in the Sam clark case I don't think she wanted him, in the murphy case she might have didn't want him either. His style is very very similar and I'm very sure he read on this and very his method of dispose of the victim about the same.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/suspect-in-case-of-missing-va-teen-now-charged-with-murder/

ByCRIMESIDER STAFF CBS NEWS January 6, 2014, 2: 31 PM

<snipped>
Orange County, Va. Commonwealth Attorney Diana H. Wheeler told WTVR in August that Taylor was a person of interest in the case of missing teenager Samantha Ann Clarke, 19, who vanished in September of 2010.

"There was a bit of contact between him and Samantha Clarke in the days immediately preceding her disappearance," Wheeler told WTVR. "He was one of a number of people she had been having contact with."

Wheeler emphasized that Taylor was never charged in connection with Clarke's disappearance.

The day before Samantha Clarke disappeared, RAT was being pulled over in Louisa County. Many of us have tried to pinpoint a central area to his residences, his arrests and traffic stops. We considered Louisa County and the Palmyra area as central to everything. Perhaps he was scoping out his disposal sight. Keeping tabs on some place?

GT10008319-00
Offense Location: Louisa
RAT Address at time: BARBOURSVILLE, VA 22923
Offense Date: 9/12/2010
Arrest Date: N/A
Hearing Date:10/5/2010
Charge: 72/55 Amended Charge : 70/55
Final Disposition : Guilty Fine : $90.00 Costs : $71.00 Fine/Costs Paid Date : 01/03/2011

It's difficult to find much information about Samantha. From what I recall, her and her mother had been at a bar right before she disappeared. They met some guys at the bar, and one even came home with them and spent the night. Now, the two guys worked with RAT, but whether RAT had ever been to her home, or even knew where it was... I don't know!!! Nothing that I could find stated he even knew where she lived. He called her several times, from long distance. Soooo if the call was long distance, how does that place him in the area at the time she left???? Can't figure that one out yet. IMO, it would appear the other two guys needed heavy questioning because they DID know where she lived. They searched a lake at least 10 times that was where RAT had a camper at the time. Probably same camper he was living in before being arrested. Otherwise, not even sure where else they searched.... So much missing.
It is possible to use software on a PC to make calls appear to be from anywhere in the world. We don't know what technical skills RAT has vis a vis computers though.

"Although a medical examiner quickly ruled 20-year-old Morgan's death a homicide after her body was discovered January 26, police have been silent in recent weeks and have released no further information on her cause of death.
However, her parents, both medical professionals, say signs of violence were obvious on their daughter's remains, which were released from evidence and returned to them in February.
"He chooses to kill in a savage and brutal way," says Gil Harrington, an oncology nurse, of her daughter's killer, "to break her bones before he murdered her." Dan Harrington, a psychiatrist, confirms that his daughter's skeleton showed "brutal damage."
While the Harringtons won't say which of Morgan's bones were broken&#8211;- and acknowledge that they do not yet know her actual cause of death, pending the release of the official autopsy report&#8211;- they remain convinced that the person responsible is an experienced criminal and may be a convicted sex offender."

http://www.readthehook.com/68346/shattered-bones-harringtons-say-morgans-killer-violent-sadistic

Also for this link:

"Dan Harrington also suggests a possible link between Morgan's abduction and death and other unsolved cases in Virginia, including the Colonial Parkway murders, eight deaths that occurred along the Colonial Parkway east of Richmond between 1986 and 1989, and the Route 29 stalker, who terrorized female drivers in the mid-'90s and who is believed responsible for the March 1996 abduction and killing of 25-year-old grad student Alicia Showalter Reynolds, who'd been traveling to Charlottesville for a day of shopping with her mother at Fashion Square Mall. Reynolds' decomposed remains were discovered by a passerby two months later in a field near the community of Lignum.
That case remains active, and on March 1, the Virginia State Police posted a Facebook page asking for "new info" on Reynolds. Virginia State Police spokesperson Corinne Geller says that the Facebook posting does not indicate that police believe the cases are connected but was timed to coincide with the 14th anniversary of Reynolds' disappearance on March 2.
At the press conference Wednesday, March 17, the Harringtons distributed a list of 21 other missing or murdered people&#8211;- 14 women, including Morgan&#8211;- who have disappeared or been murdered in Central Virginia in the past eight months and whose cases remain unsolved."

This one also says 70 divers:

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/s...cle_0e4e00be-3a33-11e4-a688-0017a43b2370.html

Roughly 70 divers from agencies across the state came together at a lake in Greene County on Thursday to continue the search for Samantha Ann Clarke...

James Fenwick, chief of town of Orange police, said authorities had scoured about 90 percent of the lake in previous searches. After receiving a request from Orange County Commonwealth&#8217;s Attorney Diana Wheeler, crews went out to clear the remaining 10 percent...

A vigil to mark the anniversary of Clarke&#8217;s disappearance is scheduled from 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday in Taylor Park in the town of Orange.

I think this is all so fascinating, and heartbreaking at the same time. I started reading about it not too long ago and have been consumed since. I question RATs involvement in SCs disappearance, and lean more to Unknown male #2 and his girlfriend. There is simply nothing said about them. But, latest statements from LE say they are concentrating on a "few" people that SC had contact with prior to her disappearing. I can understand being evasive in what LE releases to the public, not wanting to let the others being investigated revealed, as to spook them maybe, but, it's been 6 years. It just seems stale and forgotten at this point. I hope I'm wrong.

As for AM, looking over all the articles, one mentioned that there was an abandoned house near RATs camper. Inside they found photos of a girls face, cut out and pasted on pictures of women in lingerie. They stated that they had let the girls parents know. Which leads me to believe, she was a minor, and by my estimation, right around the same age as RATs son. In the same statement, it said that RATs son was known to hang out in that abandoned house, which is kind of creepy IMO. I'm curious. Was he the same age as AM? Did they go to school together? Did they know one another? It would explain how AM knew RAT and stopped to talk to him at the gas station, and allegedly followed him to his camper. If RAT said his son was home, and offered to catch her a buzz, I could see how she would be comfortable with that. Now, did RAT harm her while there? Or did his son? And that's why RAT is staying so silent, and pressing that it's for the safety of his family?

Other news stories about the link and the search

September 11, 2014
http://www.nbc29.com/story/26508058/investigators-search-greene-county-lake-for-samantha-clarke

September 13, 2016 Samantha's picture on the Danville Braves' "BairFind" sing at Legion Field.
https://www.milb.com/danville-braves/news/missing-children-from-d-braves-bairfind-sign-found/c-201158360/t-

September 15, 2014 Samantha is mentioned in article regarding Hannah Graham who was murdered by Jesse Matthews.
http://www.roanoke.com/news/virgini...cle_fa7df5eb-0f59-5ff5-95ad-68737fa35a21.html

"October 1, 2014 Authorities check unsolved cases for ties to Hannah Graham disappearance.
Police also are investigating Matthew&#8217;s possible ties to a missing person case. Samantha Ann Clarke was last seen September 13, 2010, in Orange, Virginia.
Orange Police Chief James Fenwick told CNN: &#8220;We are in the process of looking at it now; we would be derelict in our duties if we weren&#8217;t doing that.&#8221;
Looking at any possible ties is &#8220;something we can&#8217;t ignore,&#8221; he said.
Clarke, 19, disappeared after slipping out of her townhouse after midnight. She told her 14-year-old brother that she was going out with friends.
Earlier this month, authorities searched a lake again in Greene County, looking for Clarke&#8217;s remains.
Her mother, Barbara Tinder, thinks a convicted murderer could lead authorities to her.
&#8220;Randy Taylor come and picked her up. He called here six times,&#8221; Tinder told Charlottesville television station WCAV. &#8220;Why would you call my daughter six times if you ain&#8217;t trying to lead her on or try to talk her to come out the house, or try to do something?&#8221;
Taylor, 43, has been sentenced to two life terms in a separate case &#8212; the 2013 abduction and murder of Alexis Murphy, although the teen&#8217;s body has never been found.
Taylor was seen on surveillance video at the same gas station as Murphy, 17. He has maintained he is innocent, saying he and Alexis went back to his camper to smoke marijuana with another man.
The other man was not Jesse Matthew, the Commonwealth Attorney for Nelson County, Anthony Martin, said."
http://fox6now.com/2014/10/01/autho...ases-for-ties-to-hannah-graham-disappearance/

September 13, 2016 article by NBC "Samantha Clarke Still Missing 6 years later"
http://www.nbc29.com/story/33082903/samantha-clarke-still-missing-6-years-later

<modsnip>

September 25, 2014 Article called "Can we link Samantha Clarke's disappearance to Hannah Graham's? It talks about the link between Randy Taylor and Jesse Matthews as well as possible links between different women. The author can't quite link Jesse to Samantha, but she clearly knew both characters. There appears to be a more plausible link between Samantha and Randy.
http://thesop.org/story/20140925/can-we-link-samantha-clarkes-disappearance-to-hannah-grahams.html

November 17, 2014 article from CBS News: New Search for long-missing Va. teens discusses the connections between all the ones mentioned above.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-search-for-long-missing-virginia-teens/

Quoted:
"Taylor, believed to be about 50 years old, is also suspected in Clarke's disappearance, Orange County Police Chief James Fenwick told 48 Hours' Crimesider. The night before the teen disappeared, Taylor and Clarke spoke on the phone several times, Fenwick said.
As soon as Taylor became a person of interest in Alexis Murphy's disappearance, the two cases became "inextricably entwined," Fenwick said.
Taylor has not been charged in the Clarke case.
Sunday, crews re-focused efforts on a plot of land that's been searched before -- a 200-acre private hunting club in the Eheart area of Orange County, in east-central Virginia, reports CBS affiliate WTVR.
"We're looking to find one or both -- hopefully both," Fenwick said.
Fenwick told Crimesider the plot was searched early on in the Clarke investigation and again early this year. He said it had been set for another search in the fall because conditions are easier for search crews once leaves have fallen from the trees.
"It is an area were Randy Taylor would have been familiar with and had access to. Close to an area were he used to live," Fenwick told reporters Sunday, reports the station.
The search isn't based on a new tip or information from Randy Taylor, Fenwick said.
"I can't go into detail on what our conversations have been with him - I would term him as being less than cooperative in this case," Fenwick told Crimesider.
Fenwick couldn't discuss what, if anything, was discovered Sunday. He said crews have wrapped up the active search, but may go back later to go over certain areas again."

Since Randy Taylor was among the last people in contact with Samantha Clarke, my money is on Taylor. My educated guess is that Alexis Murphy and Samantha Clarke's remains will be found in close proximity. Perhaps when Randy Taylor needs something from prison authorities, a deal can be brokered for information on their whereabouts.

Thanks.

Bill Thomas
Brother of Cathleen Thomas
Colonial Parkway Murders
Los Angeles, CA

September 13, 2016 article by NBC "Samantha Clarke Still Missing 6 years later"
http://www.nbc29.com/story/33082903/samantha-clarke-still-missing-6-years-later

Marking this article to post in Thread "possible links between RAT and JLM

<modsnip>

September 25, 2014 Article called "Can we link Samantha Clarke's disappearance to Hannah Graham's? It talks about the link between Randy Taylor and Jesse Matthews as well as possible links between different women. The author can't quite link Jesse to Samantha, but she clearly knew both characters. There appears to be a more plausible link between Samantha and Randy.
http://thesop.org/story/20140925/can-we-link-samantha-clarkes-disappearance-to-hannah-grahams.html

November 17, 2014 article from CBS News: New Search for long-missing Va. teens discusses the connections between all the ones mentioned above.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-search-for-long-missing-virginia-teens/

Quoted:
"Taylor, believed to be about 50 years old, is also suspected in Clarke's disappearance, Orange County Police Chief James Fenwick told 48 Hours' Crimesider. The night before the teen disappeared, Taylor and Clarke spoke on the phone several times, Fenwick said.
As soon as Taylor became a person of interest in Alexis Murphy's disappearance, the two cases became "inextricably entwined," Fenwick said.
Taylor has not been charged in the Clarke case.
Sunday, crews re-focused efforts on a plot of land that's been searched before -- a 200-acre private hunting club in the Eheart area of Orange County, in east-central Virginia, reports CBS affiliate WTVR.
"We're looking to find one or both -- hopefully both," Fenwick said.
Fenwick told Crimesider the plot was searched early on in the Clarke investigation and again early this year. He said it had been set for another search in the fall because conditions are easier for search crews once leaves have fallen from the trees.
"It is an area were Randy Taylor would have been familiar with and had access to. Close to an area were he used to live," Fenwick told reporters Sunday, reports the station.
The search isn't based on a new tip or information from Randy Taylor, Fenwick said.
"I can't go into detail on what our conversations have been with him - I would term him as being less than cooperative in this case," Fenwick told Crimesider.
Fenwick couldn't discuss what, if anything, was discovered Sunday. He said crews have wrapped up the active search, but may go back later to go over certain areas again."

Marking this post to add to the thread "Possible links between RAT and JLM".

Marking this post to add to the thread "Possible links between RAT and JLM".
Hi Margarita25- can you add the link to thread you referenced? I would like to suscribe. Thanks much

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back