Video of KC and Baez Crying together to be released UPDATE BAEZ THREATENS TO SUE

Hey Think Tank -

Thanks for all the great info you've been posting today!

You know, that vid of Casey and Baez must be really something else. Any defense attorney worth their salt SHOULD be able to come up with an acceptable interpretation of a mother hearing the news about her baby's remains being found.

If she's doubled over in panic that can be spun. If she shows anger, that can also be spun.

Even if she's cursing that can be explained away as shock and grief.

Something happened in that tape, more inappropriate than any reaction ever known to man lol.

She was probably yelling at him: Why didn't you get rid of it? Or something about everyone letting her down and not taking care of the problem and letting her sit in jail for a crime she. did. not. commit. on a whim no less.

I think I read when we first heard about it that Baez was crying (probably because he saw his case going down the drain, certainly not for the baby) but that Casey showed no such emotion. No tears.

I'm dying to see that tape. It's got to be bad, bad bad BAD.

Oh snap.

Well I guess we will see the vid after she is prosecuted and sentenced?

I'm not being flippant or sassy or sarcastic (i am never sarcastic on the internet, it never conveys well for me).

The Judge's comments on this pretty much sum up what we know---it's really really bad and shows KC in a light that almost everyone on here have come to know her.

I wonder if the prosecution can use it the penalty phase? That's where I can see it coming in. The fact that she knew Caylee had been found and that wasn't good for her is a strong reason to give her the DP. It might be too prejudicial even for that, but I'd love to see in come in in the penalty phase to rebut whatever the defense is going to spin about her.

I wonder if the prosecution can use it the penalty phase? That's where I can see it coming in. The fact that she knew Caylee had been found and that wasn't good for her is a strong reason to give her the DP. It might be too prejudicial even for that, but I'd love to see in come in in the penalty phase to rebut whatever the defense is going to spin about her.

I didn't think of that, Aedrys, but I tend to agree that the video would be even worse as evidence at penalty phase after she's already been found guilty of this horrid murder ... matter of fact I think they should show that one, the jail visit ones, the pole dancing pics and the Blockbuster one ... That would really have an impact on the jury to see her frame of mind, demeanor after she murdered Caylee ... they'd vote for death for sure ...

According to the Notice of Hearing March 2, 3 ....

The state requested the following motions be heard:

Motion to Supress Statements Made to George, Cindy, Lee Anthony, Maya Derkovic, Robyn Adams, and Sylvia Hernandez

Motion in Limine to Suppress Video Footage

Defendant's Motion in Limine to Exclude all Evidence Relating to Canine Searches and Alerts

Motion to Surpress Statements to Law Enforcement Officers

I interpret Judge S's Order to be in effect to protect "potential jurors" from "pretrial" publicity and from forming an opinion of the Inmate's guilt before the trial begins .... but that the State will request it be admitted as evidence during the actual trial, and that it will be allowed in. We have not seen Judge Perry's ruling on the recent request by the Defense to keep the video out.

7-1-09
"Being duly advised in the premises, the defendant's Motion to Seal the Jail Videotape in question is granted. In taking this unusual step the Court has read and considered the pleadings of all parties, and personally viewed the videotape in question.

While the Court is loathe to shield any public record, an argument can certainly be made that the contents of the video are highly inflammatory."

<snip>

"Given the nature and scope of the pretrial publicity, it is not unreasonable to assume that many persons in the potential jury pool might view this video and develop a "hardened" attitude in reference to the defendant's guilt."

This ,and Judge Strickland's comments at the first bond hearing (The truth and Ms. Anthony are strangers) is the real reason the defense requested JS recuse himself,IMO.
Funny thing ,though.....they traded in a Judge who was tough on ICA for one who is tough on THEM ! Gotta luv it !
I hope it comes in. ICA's response to her response will be priceless.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back