VT VT - Brianna Maitland, 17, Montgomery, 19 March 2004

Old Steve-
That also came to my mind as I was watching the Disappeared episode...one of Bri's friends mentioned on there that the girl who punched her in the face smugly talked about that with Bri gone, there is not a case longer against her...def. a motive there...I thought they said they ruled her out...but I'm curious as to why she got ruled out, because she has definite motive, and it would not be the first time she was violent towards Bri.

It's possible the gal with the motive while cleared herself, may have talked a friend into doing it.... but I do not know the reason why she was cleared. Would be interesting to know. As aside, I only consider alibis given by impartial sources to be valid; family and friends I'm always suspect of...

I was reading up on Brianna's case and I read about a pair of jeans a man had found and LE had picked them up and sent them in for testing.. just wondering if they were ever able to determine if they belonged to Brianna or not. I hadn't been able to find any update on that. I'm assuming they didn't turn up anything or LE would probably have been searching the area they were found more extensively.

Hoping Brianna can be found.

I was looking for an update on this, too, and it looks like the results were inconclusive but more tests were to be done on a hair found in the jeans. Does any one have updates about this?

:bump: for Brianna. :beats:

bo48lri.jpg

As the date draws near the disappearance of Bri it brings to mind my list of women who disappeared/died in NH/VT over the last few years who all had something in common.

My list consists of a large hand full f these women who either had made a trip to the hospital (Bri was treated in the ER for the injuries sustained in the altercation) just before their disappearance.

Or were connected in some way connected to the medical field—be it a nursing/medical student or a practicing female doctor or nurse—or patient.

Are they coincidence?
:twocents:

Respect to all intended in my thought and opinion.

:bump: for Bri. :heartbeat:

One week from today is the 9 year anniversary of Brianna's disappearance . . . Bruce and Kellie Maitland deserve to have their baby back. :cry:

Ob5YrcA.jpg

Nine years ago today, Brianna Maitland disappeared. Bri needs to come home to her loved ones!

hIKaKvt.jpg

I hope some info comes to light in her case soon my heart truly goes out to her loved ones

http://torontoobserver.ca/2008/10/26/bain-summary/
"It was June, 19, 1990 when Elizabeth Bain, 22, went missing, after telling her mother she was going to check the tennis schedule at the University of Toronto Scarborough campus where she was a student.

Bain was last spotted that day at Colonel Danforth Park near the tennis courts located in the valley below the school.

Three days later her car, with blood stains inside, was found parked in front of an auto body shop on Morrish Road"

A possibility?

http://torontoobserver.ca/2008/10/26/bain-summary/
"It was June, 19, 1990 when Elizabeth Bain, 22, went missing, after telling her mother she was going to check the tennis schedule at the University of Toronto Scarborough campus where she was a student.

Bain was last spotted that day at Colonel Danforth Park near the tennis courts located in the valley below the school.

Three days later her car, with blood stains inside, was found parked in front of an auto body shop on Morrish Road"

A possibility?
Here is more info on Elizabeth Bain's case. Her remains were never found, but her boyfriend, Robert Baltovich, was convicted for her murder. It's a possibility, but it sure sounds like that crime was an up close and personal one, rather than a random, opportunity crime.
I have always thought Bri knew who took her, but unless she is found or someone talks, everything is a possibility.
http://murderpedia.org/male.B/b/baltovich-robert.htm

I think Briana set out that evening to meet someone.. I believe her mother and Briana went shopping earlier that day, while they were in a store Briana told her mother she had to go do something and she would be right back.. When she met her mom in the parking lot, Briana was upset.. I believe this is the key.. Who ever upset her, I believe wanted her to meet them later that evening.. The person may not intended to harm her, but things got out of hand.. Briana tried to get away, but ended up backing into the building.. Many times a person who is very close to that person are the guilty ones.. I believe ex boyfriends or boyfriends - ones who had crushes on Briana should really be looked at..

I def. think whoever she left the store to go talk to was involved somehow.

I hope this case is solved and very soon.

I'n thinking maybe she owed somebody money and maybe the barn is where they decided to meet and when things went awry, Brianna tried to get away and accidentally backed into the barn while trying to get away.

Looks like she just had to stop or turn around for some reason and did it at the barn. She may have simply had a bad migraine that she takes medication for. Stopped to take her pills or rest, and she got caught up. She backed into it while doing whatever she was doing. The window was open because that's what you'd do. You'd open the window to stick your head out as she tried to get the car unhooked. I do that all the time to watch behind me.

I think it was another situation of opportunity. I keep reading over and over about girls cars breaking down or getting a flat. Next thing you know they are abducted and missing. I think someone drove by and saw her there trying to get unstuck. And he abducted her. That's why these cases go so cold. No leads because it's a total stranger and everyone else has an alibi.

She probably got out of her car to talk to the person who pulled up while she was trying to get unstuck. He got out in what appeared to help her and he abducted her instead.

At any given moment in everyone's life there are people that don't like us or something that could seem suspicious if someone went missing. But they had nothing to do with it. Sometimes it's just the most basic answer or event that happened.

It's really sad that so many crazy people are out there. If at just the right time they see a girl alone they decide to take her. My God how many of these people are there out there? Does something just snap in there head when they see this person alone? If there was a girl alone on every single street in the country right now how many would be abducted just out of opportunity?? Maybe men who would have never done it until they saw that girl. People living right next door to us. It goes in line with 'how many people would steal if they could get away with it and an opportunity came up'. Like if every person was confronted with an open cash register and nobody was around, how many would steal that normally wouldn't? I bet we'd be shockingly surprised who would steal that money. Seems to be the same way as coming across a girl alone. Very sad and scary.

Looks like she just had to stop or turn around for some reason and did it at the barn. She may have simply had a bad migraine that she takes medication for. Stopped to take her pills or rest, and she got caught up. She backed into it while doing whatever she was doing. The window was open because that's what you'd do. You'd open the window to stick your head out as she tried to get the car unhooked. I do that all the time to watch behind me.

I think it was another situation of opportunity. I keep reading over and over about girls cars breaking down or getting a flat. Next thing you know they are abducted and missing. I think someone drove by and saw her there trying to get unstuck. And he abducted her. That's why these cases go so cold. No leads because it's a total stranger and everyone else has an alibi.

She probably got out of her car to talk to the person who pulled up while she was trying to get unstuck. He got out in what appeared to help her and he abducted her instead.

At any given moment in everyone's life there are people that don't like us or something that could seem suspicious if someone went missing. But they had nothing to do with it. Sometimes it's just the most basic answer or event that happened.

It's really sad that so many crazy people are out there. If at just the right time they see a girl alone they decide to take her. My God how many of these people are there out there? Does something just snap in there head when they see this person alone? If there was a girl alone on every single street in the country right now how many would be abducted just out of opportunity?? Maybe men who would have never done it until they saw that girl. People living right next door to us. It goes in line with 'how many people would steal if they could get away with it and an opportunity came up'. Like if every person was confronted with an open cash register and nobody was around, how many would steal that normally wouldn't? I bet we'd be shockingly surprised who would steal that money. Seems to be the same way as coming across a girl alone. Very sad and scary.

you are so right it could happen to anyone at anytime its sad that there are ppl like this and it seems to be growing more and more common

Agreed, I go through many cases in CharleyProject and NAMUS to look at PMs and for my blog, and I can't begin to tell you how many girls have vanished because
1)They had a car problem
2) They were vulnerable and alone.
Here are some other cases I have found where an opportunist may have taken a stranded girl with car trouble:
1. Robin Graham
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/graham_robin.html
2. Maura Murray
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/graham_robin.html
3. Toni Clark
http://www.charleyproject.org/index.html
4. Susan Swedell
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/clark_toni.html
5. Martha Green
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/swedell_susan.html
6. Brandi Wells
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/green_martha.html
7. Cindi Lee Mellin
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/perkins_kristina.html
8. Christine Eastin (vanished from a car wash)
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mellin_cindy.html

Statements regarding who has or has not been the victim of serial killing surprise me when no one knows much at all. Many presumptions / remarks are made about personal character of missing women have cost us all dearly.

I never make strong assumptions without a positive possibility of handing off information that might be quite relevant in the case.

No official should presume—it is premature—even after 8 or 9 years missing.

Bring em home.

MOO with respect for LE family and those lost.
:twocents:

I spent last night reading over Brianna's thread. I was not at all familiar with her case and found it heartbreaking. How sad that LE seems to have failed this young lady and her family right from the start, when information is so important.
So many of the links provided here are no longer available due to the age of the case. It was somewhat difficult to put together the pieces of Brianna's disappearance. Even the website established for her, Bring Bri Home, has been closed down. When I saw that, it crushed my spirit. How my heart goes out to those who love her.
I pray there will be answers one day....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back