VT - Nicolas Fournier, 18, killed by drunk driver, Colchester, 24 Nov 2007

D_S........you sure have had your fill of heart break-- enough is enough is enough for you---------------------
I am so sorry-
j2m

Click here for link

COLCHESTER -- A Swanton teenager died early Saturday morning when the car in which he was riding was struck by another driving in the wrong direction on Interstate 89 by a man who allegedly admitted to police that he had come from a local bar.

Vermont State Police said Nicolas Fournier, 18, of Swanton died on impact as the result of internal injuries from the crash, which occurred shortly after midnight.
More at link.

This will be the 4th DUI conviction for this man if he is convicted.

Click here for Nick's photo and a photo of the wrond way driver with article

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

d_s, I am so sorry for your son's loss. A guy I went to school with lost his wife when she was hit by a drunk driver.....she was in her early 20's. Then, my boss lost his sister, two nieces and a nephew to a drunk driver. Some people never learn.

DS:

Please accept my deepest condolences on your loss and the family's loss of a beloved friend/son.

We had a case here in Ohio last year of a drunk driver who had been convicted 11 TIMES. His 12th drunken driving charged killed 2 young college students and seriously maimed a third. Our Judge put him in prison for life. yea!!!!!!!!!!!

It was sickening to read all the other cases and how the Judge's just slapped his wrist and let him out.

IMO, you only get ONE shot with a DUI, after that, PRISON PRISON PRISON AND ANKLE MONITORING OR SOMETHING SO YOU DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE AGAIN.

Dear dark_shadows,

I'm so sorry to hear of this. This family is in my prayers.

Many years ago some friend's of my parents lost their daughter in the same tragic way. She was on her way home from work on the freeway and a drunk driver was driving on the wrong side and hit her head on. :(. She was killed immediately.

My parents were even more protective of me after that tragedy. It happened shortly after I got my driver's license.

To my very dearest ones, JanetElaine, Reannan, Tranaice, GlitchWizard, Philamena, J2mirish, Browneyes, Littledeer and NewMom2003, :blowkiss:
Much Love and Respect for all of you.

Thank-you for the cyber hugs and all of the Love and compassion that you are sending.
I saw my friend at work today and her son is taking this very hard. What makes it even harder for him is the fact that someone that he looked up to is was recently pulled over again for the second DUI. This is also a person that my son looked up to since he was a young teen. The man is from our town.

Here is the link to click on for that article;

Hockey Star Pleads Not Guilty to DUI
Another link to click on;
Leclair arraigned on drunk driving

This article is from today pertaining to the topic of this thread;

Why Was Suspected Drunk Driver Out on Parole?

This man only a few towns away was in the news for this;
Man Arrested Driving Truck Registered to 13-Year-Old Daughter

The posts from all of you mean alot and I truly thank-you all so much.

So much Love and Respect for all of you,
dark_shadows

D_S I am so sorry another tragedy has touched your life. My prayers to all involved. I know that we asw americans have the ability to put devices on cars so that you do a breath alyser? to allow you to start the car. Why oh why can't these people call a cab. I know I had a glass of wine last week it cost !!!!6 dollars. Surley they can afford a cab if they can afford to drink.

Oh no! This makes me so mad, and so sad, too.

This has got to be every parents' nightmare. Your child being taken away by the neglect of someone else. How/why in the world was this man allowed to drive. My heart breaks for his family.

The interstate where Nicolas was killed has Colchester on one side of the interstate and Winooski on the other side.
Well today a woman arrested for DUI (drugs) drove through a window of a home in Winooski and the vehicle ended up in the livingroom. This happened very short distance (less than a 1/4 mile) from the place where Nick was killed.
Click on the link below for the story, video and photos of the crash into the home.
SUV Crashes into House

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

DS, I am so very sorry for your friend, and for you as well. What a senseless tragedy that obviously could have been prevented had anyone taken the previous violations more seriously. I am so very saddened by the loss of a promising young life--

Where is the outrage that should be in this report, instead it seems to have made the news as a unique happening. Here in Tn last week I saw 5 young women (all under 21 by apperance) picking up trash along the side of the road, wearing vest that said I am a drunk driver. I hope it works. But seems that it is socially acceptable to DUI.

Click here for link

COLCHESTER -- A Swanton teenager died early Saturday morning when the car in which he was riding was struck by another driving in the wrong direction on Interstate 89 by a man who allegedly admitted to police that he had come from a local bar.

Vermont State Police said Nicolas Fournier, 18, of Swanton died on impact as the result of internal injuries from the crash, which occurred shortly after midnight.
More at link.

This will be the 4th DUI conviction for this man if he is convicted.

Click here for Nick's photo and a photo of the wrond way driver with article

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Oh D_S :(

I don't post with you much but I want you to know that I'm thinking of you and your friends and sending prayers of strength for the time to come.

Love and hugs
Sami

Oh D_S :(

I don't post with you much but I want you to know that I'm thinking of you and your friends and sending prayers of strength for the time to come.

Love and hugs
Sami
My very very dearest Samiya,:blowkiss:
I am honored to hear from you.
Thank-you so much for thinking of me and my friends and sending your prayers Many hearts thank-you Samiya.
So much Love and Respect for you,
dark_shadows

Dark Shadows, I just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Sometimes, when there has been tragedy in a family, the holidays can be really hard. It is a time of year when you are supposed to be so happy......like the people in those commercials on TV. Most people do not really have holiday experiences like those on the TV commericals, but for a family that has suffered tragedy and loss, it can be a crushing time. It really does have to be a time when you willfully focus on the blessings that you DO have. My very dearest, and most heart-felt wishes to you and yours today.

Some people driving while intoxicated are given rides home.

The worse part is, Nicolas died in Colchester and a Colchester Police Officer is the one accused of giving a Burlington Police Officer a ride home after he was stopped for driving while intoxicated.

Click on article below from the news today;
Prosecutor wants probe of officer's alleged DWI

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Dear dark shadows

I am so very sorry to hear this news you and the family are in my thoughts and prayers. once again I am so so sorry to hear this

Respectfully nappy

Dear dark shadows

I am so very sorry to hear this news you and the family are in my thoughts and prayers. once again I am so so sorry to hear this

Respectfully nappy
Dearest Nappy,:blowkiss:

I appreciate your post very much Nappy, thank-you so very much.
Did you click on the link I posted today about the Officer in the town that Nick died in?

So much Love and Respect for you,
dark_shadows

Dark_Shadow,

Nick looks like such a happy clean cut kid. What a shame for his life to end at such a young age. Then I look at the one who caused his death...what a difference in young men. I don't know what it will take to keep drunk drivers off the roads. Evidentally LE had taken the killer's license yet that didn't stop him from drinking and driving. Why in the world are the courts in your area so easy on drunk drivers....3 DUI's! That wouldn't happen here.

My heart goes out to your family and Nick's family. Oh the heartbreak over the loss of a child. Such a senseless tragedy.

Do you have MAD in your area? If so, those mothers should get together and storm the courthouse everytime someone like that killer is before a judge. MAD seems to have a lot of pull most everywhere. I know that here we have a panel of MAD and when a person gets a DUI he/she has to go before that panel and listen to every mother who speaks and shows their child's picture.

Maybe your friend should ask the judge at the killer's sentencing to make the killer carry a picture of her son in his wallet or send a certain amount of money to a charity of her choosing on the day each year of her son's death as a constant reminder of the life that he took. He won't be drunk in jail and maybe he will feel a few pangs of guilt! Judges have done both of these things before.

DS:

How is Nick's Mom doing and your friend? Also, you as you care for them very much also?

Have they set a trial date yet?

How sad, with X-Mas coming up. My son came home from college yesterday to wish me a "Happy Birthday", when I saw him smile, I thought of Nick and how blessed I was and how sad I was for Nick's family. Actually, even felt bad for being glad to hold him in my arms.

Did/does that make sense?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$