WA WA - Alyssa McLemore, 21, Kent, 9 April 2009

Disappearance Of Alyssa Angelique McLemore

Details of McLemore Disappearance

Alyssa Angelique McLemore resided with her mum and grandmother in Kent, Washington at the time of her disappearance. Her grandmother talked to her on the phone at 6:30 p.m. on April 9, 2009. McLemore’s mum was dying of scleroderma, a severe autoimmune disorder, and on April 9 her grandmother said McLemore that her mum’s situation was deteriorating. She ensured her grandmother that she would come home.

McLemore Was In Kent

A witness reported noticing her in Kent that day, near 30th Avenue South and Kent-Des Moines Road. The region is visited often by prostitutes and their clients, and McLemore has a past of prostitution arrests. The observer saw a green 1990s model pickup truck, probably with Oregon license plates, approach McLemore.
She has never been listened to again.

Her mum perished three days later, but her family was incapable to get in touch with her.

Authorities found McLemore’s mobile dialed 911 at 9:15 p.m. on April 10, the day after she was last heard from. The dispatcher listened to a woman begging for help, but the phone did not have a GPS sensor and its precise location could not be deduced before the line went dead. Authorities think the call came from the Kent region, nonetheless. The caller has never been recognized, and the phone went out of service a few days later.

With Another

An observer reported noticing McLemore sometime before her disappearance with an anonymous man known to her. The man is characterized as Caucasian, in his 50s or 60s, about 5’8 inches tall, and 175 to 185 pounds. He drove a green pickup truck. It’s uncertain whether he had anything to do with her disappearance.
McLemore has a daughter who was three years old in 2009. At the time of her mum’s disappearance, the kid was living with her dad, McLemore’s boyfriend.

Her boyfriend interprets McLemore as a committed parent who would not have abandoned her daughter.
She was jobless at the time of her disappearance, and very close to her mum. McLemore likes dancing and roller skating. She dropped out of Kent-Meridian High School in her sophomore year.
Due to the situation of her disappearance, McLemore is deemed to be in threat. Her grandmother shifted to Auburn, Washington after her disappearance. Her case stays unsolved.

Disappearance Of Alyssa Angelique McLemore - Basic Trendy

1656695111538.png
0bcd19cf4abb6cd1cb2c644fb7c31b6cd4deca89-737x510.jpg

On the evening of April 9, 2009, Alyssa McLemore spoke briefly on the phone with her grandmother at around 6:30 pm. Her grandmother informed Alyssa that her sick mother's condition was worsening. Alyssa's mother had been diagnosed previously with scleroderma, a very serious autoimmune disease. Alyssa informed her grandmother that she would return to their shared home as soon as possible before the call was ended.

The Day Alyssa Went Missing​

A witness later reported seeing Alyssa near 30th Avenue South and Kent Des Moines road in Kent, Washington, the night of her disappearance. According to the witness, Alyssa was getting into a 1990s model green pickup truck that might have had an Oregon license plate. Prior to her disappearance, a different witness had seen Alyssa with a Caucasian man in his 50s or 60s who was driving a green pickup truck. The area that Alyssa was last seen in is well known by law enforcement for sex workers and drug activity.

Three hours after the phone call with her grandmother, a phone call was made to 911 from Alyssa's phone. According to the 911 dispatcher, the call only lasted about 10 seconds, and she had heard a woman screaming and asking for help before the call dropped. The dispatcher was unable to track the location of the call because Alyssa's phone did not have a GPS sensor.
Law enforcement did not learn about this call until the next day and visited the home that Alyssa had shared with her grandmother to see if she had made it home safely. When they realized that she hadn't come home, they informed the family that they needed to wait to report her as missing because she was an adult, and could leave if she wanted to. Alyssa was finally reported missing four days later, and the investigation into her disappearance was officially opened.

FEB 27, 2023
[...]

As she grew up, the 21-year-old became a dancer, active in the nightlife scene. She had been picked up by police in the past.

But Russell said McLemore was always there when you needed her. So when McLemore got a call on the night of April 9, 2009 that her mother was dying, she told her family she was on her way home.

“She would always come home,” said Russell. “And she didn't come.”

[...]

“On the 911 tape, Alyssa is asking for help,” said Russell, who was not allowed to hear the call but was provided a transcript. “There's somebody in the background telling her to come here. I don't know what they said – ‘I'll hurt you’ or ‘I'll kill you’ or something. Then the phone went dead.”

Kent Police Detective Brendan Wales took over the case in 2017.

[...]

McLemore was last seen off Pacific Highway South in Kent talking to a man in a green pickup truck with Oregon plates.

Russell said she believes McLemore was taken against her will.

[...]

McLemore’s Blackberry phone didn’t have GPS, so investigators could never pinpoint exactly where the 911 call originated from or who the male voice on the line belonged to.

[...]

“As investigators, we don't want to taint the investigation by releasing that," Wales said. "We will be inundated with assumptions, inclusions and for lack of better term red herrings."

[...]

Thanks to advances in technology, Wales said the FBI is now taking a closer look at that 911 call.

“They can extract out separate sounds," Wales said. "And that's something I don't want to damage or taint.”

[...]

Four years ago, the family received a tip that McLemore’s remains were in the park.

“I would not sleep at night if I got one tip that I did not follow up, because then I can’t say I tried everything,” said Russell.

While searching, the family came across a deep abandoned well on the edge of the park property. At the bottom, they saw what appeared to be a tarp.

[...]

Despite being notified about the exposed, abandoned well four years ago, Kent police never searched the well or took measures to cover it up as a safety hazard.

“We can't even get the city she's missing from to come and even take it serious. They've never sent a team out here,” said Russell.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back