Identified! WA - Arlington, Wht/HispMale UP2138, 18-50, GSW, in Pilchuck Creek, Aug'80 - Ronald David Chambers

Here's the side by side of Robert to the more recent facial reconstruction.

The comparison is pretty good, except for that Robert has a longer broader nose. But I wouldn't put too much reliance on that. The remains were skeletal, so you can't expect an exact likeness.

UP 2138 and Robert Allen Wlazlak.jpg

Thank you. This new picture is a lot different. The ears look close and the eyebrows. Hard to tell. The picture I sent was from his high school year book. It would be so nice if we found him alive. Thanks again. ~ Janice

I have another picture I just found of him from around 1976
attachment.php

Attachments

• rob1976a.jpg
    rob1976a.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 89
I tried to send you a picture of a living person Carl. If the image didn't go through, let me know. Somehow I'll have to get it to you for your commentary.

His case was modified on November 9th, 14th and 15th. Curious...

There are no apparent changes to the case text or data. I want to get excited but it also looks like almost all of the King County missing person cases were updated today so it might just be some sort of modification being made internally to Washington state cases.

Possible match? Darrel Roy Frye went missing in June of 1980, is 140 pounds, and is 5’6. He was 21 at the time of his disappearance. He disappeared from Bellingham, WA. He was recently uploaded to NAMUS.

Missing Person Case

Attachments

• 6E998C23-CCCB-44AD-8706-5BA57C58684A.jpeg
    6E998C23-CCCB-44AD-8706-5BA57C58684A.jpeg
    814.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 0059285B-1590-4DA1-ADAD-831340B87CD9.jpeg
    0059285B-1590-4DA1-ADAD-831340B87CD9.jpeg
    302 KB · Views: 13
I am currently in talks with the Snohomish County Medical Examiner’s Office about using the DNA Doe Project to help get this Doe identified. I’m currently just explaining what it is and how it works. I’ll update later on.

A little update: Darrel Roy Frye being the UID

I emailed Snohomish ME asking for an update. They said- “We have DNA submitted to CODIS on both the remains and the family but are still waiting on a result.”

I guess they could be feeling optimistic about it.

I talked a little bit more to the person at the ME in Snohomish County.

She said that she’s 50/50 on Darrel Roy Frye being the UID. The time and dates and locations matches perfectly but some of the physical characteristics on the skeleton are a bit iffy.

Darrel Roy Frye was Native American and they believe that the UID was Caucasian. She said she’s been wrong about that before, which is what I’m hoping.

She said that Darrel’s family did DNA swabs and they sent it to UNT. It could take 5 months-a year for the results to come back.

I’ll update everyone then! Thanks for following!!

It has been a hot minute since I've updated y'all. Darrel's sister's DNA is successfully in the CODIS system. They haven't been notified of a match yet. There's a big CODIS run once a month, so it can take a couple of months for them to review and notify the ME.

I've been working with Snohomish County ME and still am working with Jane. She has been incredibly helpful throughout this process and has answered my questions. I want to be a forensic anthropologist (I'm only 18 and am in my first year of college) and let her know that this would be my first match. Although, it is not my first match now since I got a confirmation of a different case that I worked on.

So, if anyone from Snohomish County or Darrel's family is reading this right now, this case is in very good hands with the Medical Examiner's office there. They truly care about their work and I am very fortunate to have worked with them throughout this ordeal.

I'll update this thread later, hopefully with an identity confirmation.

Olivia.

Alright. Thanks to everybody following this. I have a sad update. There was a little bit of miscommunication in the beginning and the Medical Examiner thought I sent in Darrel Roy Frye for a different John Doe, not this one. I meant for this one to be looked at, but she said he still doesn't have DNA on file and it doesn't look to be the same person. Anyways, I'm still glad that me contacting them got Darrel Frye's DNA in the CODIS system. I'm sad for this Doe but I am hoping he will have his name soon.

Alright. Thanks to everybody following this. I have a sad update. There was a little bit of miscommunication in the beginning and the Medical Examiner thought I sent in Darrel Roy Frye for a different John Doe, not this one. I meant for this one to be looked at, but she said he still doesn't have DNA on file and it doesn't look to be the same person. Anyways, I'm still glad that me contacting them got Darrel Frye's DNA in the CODIS system. I'm sad for this Doe but I am hoping he will have his name soon.

I'm guessing the ME got this IUD confused with "Stilly Doe." I hope they both get their names back soon.

I have another picture I just found of him from around 1976
attachment.php
Janice- it would be wonderful if you created a missing person's report for your brother so that maybe it could help him be identified some day. I did not find one. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back