GUILTY WA - Ashley McLellan, 3, drowned for life insurance, Kent, 3 Dec 2003

and my kids and others wondered why i was so reluctant to have any relationship with someone while i was raising them....

Many kids are seriously injured and killed by boyfriends and step-fathers. Laws need to be passed that hold mothers accountable for this. They are the ones that get involved with these creeps. Most often these women have several kids, by different guys and they are so overwhelmed with everything they latch on to the first guy that shows interest in them, no matter how big of a loser he is. It is really sad.

If I ever became single again, I would be really hesitant to date anyone. If a man ever laid a hand on my child or displayed aggressive behavior towards her I would boot his *advertiser censored* right out on the street.

Virginia Venegas in AZ is serving a life sentence, and Juan Velazquez on death row for the death of her 2 year old daughter, and serious injury to the 3 year old at the hands of her boyfriend. She knew about the abuse and still left the girls alone with him. These 2 are the scum of the earth. This wa a huge case out here as CPS was sued by the girls father, and the case workers were held accountable for part of the verdict.

http://test.azcorrections.gov/isear...812&LastName=VENEGAS&FNMI=V&SearchType=Search

http://test.azcorrections.gov/isear...stName=VELAZQUEZ&FNMI=J&SearchType=SearchInet

Summary

Joel Zellmer is accused of drowning his stepdaughter, Ashley McLellan, in December 2003 to collect life insurance money. On Tuesday the girl's mother, the suspect's ex-wife, recounted the fateful day for the jury.

http://www.katu.com/news/89013172.html

wow why did no one put a stop to this guy years ago? stuff dating back to 1990......

whatttt?????

they have old cases but are doing nothing?? such a long string of cases already, how many kids has this monster hurt??

what is wrong with these women?? how can they let such creeps into the lives of their children??

this is enough to make me puke...this is just disgusting

why didn't anyone connect the dots sooner?? whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

What a disgusting horrible man. I don't know how anyone can hurt a child.

I see no reason to have an insurance policy on a child. (correct me if there's a good reason)

OMG - I never thought to have an insurance policy on my child. Wasn't the mom just a tad suspicious?

Mel

:( The little girl reminds me of my daughter when she was three with the blonde hair and glasses. I can't imagine anyone getting a life insurance policy of that size on a child.

I'm so glad I never had to deal with stepfathers for my kids. Of course, I'm reading about quite a few bio dads that don't seem to give a crap about their kids either. My now late husband may not have been the greatest but his biggest flaw with the kids was he wouldn't discipline them.

My employer offers a life insurance plan for children, which is $2/month no matter how many kids you have. Each one is insured for $15K.

I sure hope I never need it, but I also don't want to go bankrupt to pay for a funeral. There are valid reasons to have some life insurance on your children..... but you probably don't need more than enough to pay for the funeral.

I won't ever insure my children above the plan that my employer offers, but I will always keep that plan because I do think it is a good investment.

I took out $15K life insurance policies on each of my grandchildren when they were born (they are 4 & 6) because they live out of the country and it would be costly to have their bodies shipped back to the US if something happened,

This story absolutely haunts me. I can not believe another "human being" can be so evil. That innocent life can be viewed as so cheap. He took the most precious thing in the world for a stupid $200,000. And this evil man thought he was being SO clever about it.

There are just no words to describe this story.

I see no reason to have an insurance policy on a child. (correct me if there's a good reason)

I have insurance policies on my children. They're $5,000 each. And the only reason I have them is that they came with my life insurance policy.

I also have a soon-to-be 3 year old at home. I can't even look at her and imagine doing what this animal did to that poor baby.

I would like to know why it took from 2003 to 2010 to get this through the system totally WTF .....

The only reason I could see is for unforeseen tragedies, but nothing extravagant..like a 10,000 policy just to cover funeral expenses, as awful as that sounds. When the father of my daughter died, he had a 12,000 policy just to cover his funeral expenses. Afterwards his mother also purchased the same policy for my daughter..as much as that kind of made me sad and didn't want to think about it, I understood her reasons. But 200,000 is ridiculous, and anyone who takes a policy like that out on a child should probably be investigated! But of course, insurance companies would never do that.

and my kids and others wondered why i was so reluctant to have any relationship with someone while i was raising them....

Seriously, reading this forum has pretty much made me scared to ever date again. Wow.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back