Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: animal blood, Stryker mentioned in a post that 2 days before her disappearance she had just picked up a kitten she had been waiting to adopt for 2 months...Might the kitty be the cause of "self inflicted" cuts (really scratches) and/or the animal blood in the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are the any sidewalks or paths along the route?

Yes and no. MLT is not the best town for walking. Depending on the route Cheryl theoretically walked from the P&R to the culvert, there would have been some spots in which she had to walk on the shoulder of the busy road or even in the road. For example, if she walked south on 56th Ave. W., then east on 244th St. SW (a.k.a. NW 205th St.--it's the county line), there would have been apartment construction spots and cars parked along the shoulder which would have forced her to either walk in grass (which is likely wet in February), in people's yards, on rough dirt paths or on the road. If she theoretically cut through neighborhoods to walk to the culvert, she'd often be looking at the same problem. The easiest route would likely be east on 236th, then south on Cedar/44th Av. W. However, these are all busy around commute times, so it seems odd that someone did not notice her if she hypothetically was out walking around those times.

https://www.google.com/maps/@47.777...rzddfl9BJD_Zp8U3Xw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

Hi, ANZAC.

This reads as an opinion stated as fact. Do you by chance have a link which states LE's conclusions?

I'm not ANZAC, but this is from the most recent press release:

"Police Chief Greg Wilson stated, “At this point in the investigation, there is nothing to suggest DeBoer’s death was the result of an act of homicidal violence”."

http://www.cityofmlt.com/civicalerts.aspx?aid=73

Something to keep in mind when discussing any computer forensics is that a user can boot their computer using a USB stick or DVD that contains a privacy oriented operating system. This will leave zero forensic evidence of what the user was doing on the computer they are using.

One example is Tails. From info obtained in the Snowden leaks, the privacy this OS affords even scares the NSA. Anyone with tech savvy looking for privacy/anonymity would have come across this in their research.

All inbound and outbound internet traffic uses the TOR network, so any data the ISP may have would not be useful to determine anything. No traces of any searches/sites visited would be left on her computer, or any other computer she booted using the USB/DVD containing the OS.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Yeas, excellent point/reminder. Does anyone know if CD was into tech such stuff such as using bootable OSs?

My mobile

The police said they were investigating this as a homicide (but remained open to other options) right from the discovery of the body and initial autopsy, correct?

So what has changed? They knew about the bag, they knew about the lack of defensive wounds, all of the things stated. Why didn't they push it as suicide or accident from the start instead of implying they had evidence that was "helpful" and implying they believed it was homicide?

Maybe they were waiting for forensics to see if there was any foreign DNA on her, her clothing, on the bag, in her car etc...and really, they are saying no signs of homicidal violence, meaning no wounds caused by a struggle, no signs of another person etc...I do think they did everything to look for signs of murder. Apparently, none were found. But jmo. Although I can't see how there would not be some brusing, etc, if she was attacked and killed. She would not just have submitted. So what are they left to conclude?

Ii
Yes and no. MLT is not the best town for walking. Depending on the route Cheryl theoretically walked from the P&R to the culvert, there would have been some spots in which she had to walk on the shoulder of the busy road or even in the road. For example, if she walked south on 56th Ave. W., then east on 244th St. SW (a.k.a. NW 205th St.--it's the county line), there would have been apartment construction spots and cars parked along the shoulder which would have forced her to either walk in grass (which is likely wet in February), in people's yards, on rough dirt paths or on the road. If she theoretically cut through neighborhoods to walk to the culvert, she'd often be looking at the same problem.

https://www.google.com/maps/@47.777...rzddfl9BJD_Zp8U3Xw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

Unsupported comment here, but just looking at that link makes suicide (or walking to that culvert) seem less likely to me, and I had been leaning in that direction.

http://www.snohomishcountywa.gov/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/4430

"The cause of death is asphyxia due to plastic bag over head and freshwater drowning. The manner of death is Undetermined."

Undetermined means:

"Undetermined is for cases that have very little available information about the circumstances surrounding death (e.g., partial skeletal remains) or where known information equally supports, or conflicts with, more than one manner of death."

Yes and no. MLT is not the best town for walking. Depending on the route Cheryl theoretically walked from the P&R to the culvert, there would have been some spots in which she had to walk on the shoulder of the busy road or even in the road. For example, if she walked south on 56th Ave. W., then east on 244th St. SW (a.k.a. NW 205th St.--it's the county line), there would have been apartment construction spots and cars parked along the shoulder which would have forced her to either walk in grass (which is likely wet in February), in people's yards, on rough dirt paths or on the road. If she theoretically cut through neighborhoods to walk to the culvert, she'd often be looking at the same problem. The easiest route would likely be east on 236th, then south on Cedar/44th Av. W. However, these are all busy around commute times, so it seems odd that someone did not notice her if she hypothetically was out walking around those times.

All along I have thought that there were not sidewalks around the culvert intersection. But I was relying on memory and I was wrong. If Cheryl had walked from her car via 236th eastbound, then south on Cedar Way, she would have had sidewalk the whole way. And I think she would have been less noticeable on a sidewalk than if she had been on the less ped-friendly 244th. I don't know.

I am having a lot of trouble accepting this a suicide, so to me this feels moot, at least for now. But I am trying to open my mind a bit. I know from personal experience that during a depression, the smallest thing can seem like an unbearable last straw. Perhaps if Cheryl had in fact been struggling with such feelings, realizing she'd forgotten her badge on a Monday morning felt like One More Thing, and too much to face. I know it sounds silly, but I have burst into tears over dropping something unbreakable on the floor with no harm done. You never know, I guess.

I just hope there is a definitive answer at some point.

Here is another question to answer: if the cuts were self inflicted, where is the knife/razor etc that she used? You would think it would be in the car....

I have a swiss army knife key chain.

Police state it will be months before all evidence is examined, and a conclusive report made to family. The investigation is nowhere near finished and is ongoing.

OT, but I just posted on the Sally Allan forum an article about the reaction by her family to the ruling by the coroner that her manner of death was 'open". Although the circumstances of Sally's and Cheryl's death are quite different, I can't help but see some parallels between the two. Both families searching desperately for answers and not getting the answers they were expecting/seeking. Both cases break my heart.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...teland-Northumberland-26-December-2015/page21

Police state it will be months before all evidence is examined, and a conclusive report made to family. The investigation is nowhere near finished and is ongoing.

Good. It was kind of hard to tell that from yesterday's statement. I hope something comes to light soon.

Wonder when trash day is in that area. Her wallet, keys, and phone could have been placed in someone's trash bin ready to be picked up.

Thanks for this info.
Even though it will take months, the fact that they are still working on the case is Great news, in my opinion.
They haven't given up.

IMOO.

I'm not knowledgable in regards to suicides, but the cases I have read about is the individual makes sure they can't be found. Last summer, a local mom in Oregon, jennifer Hudson who had a thread on WS, purposely, hid her SUV in someone's orchard by trees and walked quite away from her car and hung herself. She was treated for depression and chose go go off her medication.

This case so far shows no mental health issues at all. I forget my teacher ID card on a lanyard at home all the time too, so I'm not buying I forgot my ID badge so I can kill myself theory.

Was she doing a certain research project and its results pissed someone off unintentionally and they got revenge? I'm ruling out affairs and weird sexual websites too in my opinion.

Her car could have been placed later. I'm just not buying the suicide scenario . This was not a sexual attack so that's why her clothes were not disturbed . LE should Investigate her workplace assignments.

I'm not knowledgable in regards to suicides, but the cases I have read about is the individual makes sure they can't be found. Last summer, a local mom in Oregon, jennifer Hudson who had a thread on WS, purposely, hid her SUV in someone's orchard by trees and walked quite away from her car and hung herself. She was treated for depression and chose go go off her medication.

This case so far shows no mental health issues at all. I forget my teacher ID card on a lanyard at home all the time too, so I'm not buying I forgot my ID badge so I can kill myself theory.

Was she doing a certain research project and its results pissed someone off unintentionally and they got revenge? I'm ruling out affairs and weird sexual websites too in my opinion.

Her car could have been placed later. I'm just not buying the suicide scenario . This was not a sexual attack so that's why her clothes were not disturbed . LE should Investigate her workplace assignments.

Someone parked behind her car at 8am.

When you mention her car could have been place later, do you mean she left at 7:02am after the text, and the car was returned by (or before) 8am?

There were some small game in season in Washington state in early Feb - fox, raccoon, rabbit. And cougar are in season.

I live with more than one hunter, and I cannot imagine taking an animal and putting it on the front seat to drive home... in the trunk, yes. The bed of a pick-up, yes. Not the passenger seat of a car - not unless it's in a garbage bag or otherwise protected from the seat. And if that did happen, why leave the blood there and not try to scrub it out?
Any possibility she could have hit an animal with her car? Longshot I know...

She wasn't a researcher... She wrote code, programs, databases for labs, and researchers to utilize and store their information.

My trash days are on Wednesdays. I am sure the trash from that time frame is long gone. Hopefully LE was able to check dumpsters and such the first day or two. I was responding to post of what days trash was picked up in MLK Terr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deluhg01