Found Deceased WA - Cole Burbank, 16, Camas, 13 April 2017

Yes, that's correct. I'm very curious as to why he traveled so far from home. I'm hoping they investigate this further to weed out any possibility of foul play.. just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is quite common for those who commit suicide to do it far away from family and friends so they won't discover them. I'm pretty confident this is what happened. He decided it was going to be this day, and he went for a drive. When he felt he was far enough away, wouldn't bump into anyone he knew, and felt anonymous, he parked. Probably wanted to be in a somewhat public place so his family could get him back and bury him.

Suicide is super complex and there's not a norm for how or why it is done, but this seems pretty cut and dry and easily explained to me.

Sermon from Church, where Cole's girlfriend's father is the pastor. From this past Sunday.
https://heritagebiblechurch.podbean.com/e/dealing-with-a-suicide/#respond
I was with him, and bawling, until about the 6 minute mark.

Disclaimer, I'm 0% religious/spiritual. I challenge myself to have an open mind, but it's hard for me.

It upsets me how he "blames" Satan for Cole's suicide. I feel the truth is that the human mind is prone to insecurity, doubt, and discontent. There's any combination of things (natural thoughts, medications, failed relationships, etc) that can lead to suicide. I think it demeans Cole to summarize his struggle as some demonic ploy he got duped into.

Disclaimer, I'm 0% religious/spiritual. I challenge myself to have an open mind, but it's hard for me.

It upsets me how he "blames" Satan for Cole's suicide. I feel the truth is that the human mind is prone to insecurity, doubt, and discontent. There's any combination of things (natural thoughts, medications, failed relationships, etc) that can lead to suicide. I think it demeans Cole to summarize his struggle as some demonic ploy he got duped into.
Oh boy do I agree. And I think it does his son a disservice. One of the many reasons that have driven me from organized religion. But I guess it's what they can cope with so, I hope it helps them.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Not being religious, and being highly suspicious of religion in general, I am concerned that couching a suicide in this way absolves folks of looking introspectively into details. The reasons people commit suicide are complex, not simple. From what I have read, this was not an isolated crisis for this young man. His struggles had been going on for a long time. It is so sad that this light of a life was lost.

I respect religion. But I want people to know that suicide is due to MENTAL ILLNESS. BRAIN CHEMISTRY. You can't pray away mental illness. People who are struggling and may be thinking of suicide need mental health care.

I respect religion. But I want people to know that suicide is due to MENTAL ILLNESS. BRAIN CHEMISTRY. You can't pray away mental illness. People who are struggling and may be thinking of suicide need mental health care.

Truer words were never spoken. Agree 100%.

Long time lurker here. I haven't seen discussion of possible connections between this and other cases. Between December 2016 and now, at least three people have gone missing and been found deceased in the trunk of a car, all in the greater Portland area. Cases that I am aware of are Merrilee Cooley, Daniel Mellers and Cole Burbank.

Does anybody else think that these cases might be connected? Or are they just strange coincidences?

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Long time lurker here. I haven't seen discussion of possible connections between this and other cases. Between December 2016 and now, at least three people have gone missing and been found deceased in the trunk of a car, all in the greater Portland area. Cases that I am aware of are Merrilee Cooley, Daniel Mellers and Cole Burbank.

Does anybody else think that these cases might be connected? Or are they just strange coincidences?

Can you please provide a link stating he was found in the trunk?

This article states he was visible through a window of the car when found.
http://www.lewiscountysirens.com/?p=40487

Can you please provide a link stating he was found in the trunk?

This article states he was visible through a window of the car when found.
http://www.lewiscountysirens.com/?p=40487
I've been searching for the article that I'm 95% sure stated that, but no luck yet. Sorry- not trying top spread rumors! I'll update with a link if I find one. Otherwise, please ignore. Whoops!

Just my two cents and my viewpoint as a christian.

Sadly some believers think if someone chooses to decide when to die as by suicide vs God chosen time...straight to hell.

If this young man was depressed then he was fighting an illness. He made a choice that he may not have made if he was well.

I believe Cole is now at peace. I will see him in heaven someday. moo

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix