WA WA - Cristina Ase, 61, Vancouver, 26 Mar 2024

TwinkieDefense

Reaction score
March 28, 2024 article

[…]

Vancouver police are seeking additional information on what investigators are calling a “suspicious” disappearance of a 61-year-old woman.

[…]

VPD reported that Ase could have driven into Oregon after leaving her Vancouver home at 501 SE 123rd Ave. Police believe she drove a dark grey 2013 Toyota RAV4 with Washington license plate AQT1726. That vehicle was found in Vancouver Wednesday, the day after the last known sighting of her.

[…]

''Police said Ase is possibly carrying a black and white bag or purse, but her clothing is unknown.
“She’s a highly intelligent person, mature, predictable. There’s nothing in her behavior or personality that would typically put her at risk,” Waldroff said.''

''Police are considering Ase’s disappearance suspicious in nature and highly unusual for her regular pattern of behavior. Her husband and coworkers are offering their full cooperation with law enforcement.''
''Police are asking Oregon and Washington locals for help in finding possible video footage of Ase or her car within a quarter mile radius of the following locations between March 25 at 4 p.m. through March 27 at 5 p.m.:
501 SE 123rd Ave, Vancouver WA
Glenwood Park – 8800 block of SE Claybourne Street, Portland OR
Flavel Street & SE 92nd Ave, Portland OR''

"Cristina Ase is the nursing director at assisted-living facility Rose Linn Care Center, in Clackamas County. “We’re hopeful but somber at the same time,” said Brady Woldroff, executive director at Rose Linn Care Center. “We’re hoping we find some lead. Finding her is the first hope.” Woldroff says he's worked with Ase at Rose Linn for five years, and it’s unusual for her to not show up to work."

So if they think she may have travelled into Oregon, she wouldn't have done it in her car, as that was found in Vancouver, WA - her home town.

I wonder why police think she may have travelled to Oregon?

Also, she was last heard from at 05.30hrs on the 26th March, so I'm guessing that was by her husband in the early morning at home.

So what lead her to not going to work?

I wonder if she's missing by her own choice or not. It would be a strange kidnapping.

So if they think she may have travelled into Oregon, she wouldn't have done it in her car, as that was found in Vancouver, WA - her home town.

I wonder why police think she may have travelled to Oregon?

Also, she was last heard from at 05.30hrs on the 26th March, so I'm guessing that was by her husband in the early morning at home.

So what lead her to not going to work?

I wonder if she's missing by her own choice or not. It would be a strange kidnapping.

Her workplace is in Oregon, so maybe they think she would have tried to head there?

I'm sorry, I am new here. I have been following this story since the beginning. I wondered how the spouse did not know she did not show up until that night. Did they go all day without speaking to each other? It struck me as odd, but partners have their own routines and behavior. Also, nurses have access to controlled substances. I hope this was not drug related in some way.

It does not sound drug related IMO, just going by a staff member who spoke to media about her. Also, here is another article that says her packed lunch was in her car, and that the vehicle was found by coworkers. (maybe they went searching for her) It is a bit confusing that LE figures she headed to her work in Oregon but her vehicle found back in Vancouver WA. the next day abandoned. They are asking people in both Oregon and Vancouver, WA. who are in certain areas as outlined in the article to turn over any video cameras, etc. that may show her driving the vehicle. Vancouver woman fails to show up for work, police consider disappearance suspicious Apparently, the last time she was heard from was the early morning of March 26 according to the article:
Vancouver police say the last time someone heard from Ase was by phone call early Tuesday morning. They say that morning, they believe she left her apartment.

It does not sound drug related IMO, just going by a staff member who spoke to media about her. Also, here is another article that says her packed lunch was in her car, and that the vehicle was found by coworkers. (maybe they went searching for her) It is a bit confusing that LE figures she headed to her work in Oregon but her vehicle found back in Vancouver WA. the next day abandoned. They are asking people in both Oregon and Vancouver, WA. who are in certain areas as outlined in the article to turn over any video cameras, etc. that may show her driving the vehicle. Vancouver woman fails to show up for work, police consider disappearance suspicious Apparently, the last time she was heard from was the early morning of March 26 according to the article:
Vancouver police say the last time someone heard from Ase was by phone call early Tuesday morning. They say that morning, they believe she left her apartment.

Last edited:

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — Friends and family held a candlelight vigil Friday night for a Vancouver, Washington woman who has been missing for more than a week.

A crowd of more than 50 friends and coworkers gathered at the care center, a testament to the lives Ase has touched while working there for the past 15 years. This all comes 10 days after she texted friends saying she’d be late, only to never show up.

“She was the heart and soul here, and she is missed and we just want answers and we want her back,” Waldroff said.

Ase’s family, who mostly live in Argentina, were not able to attend the vigil, her boss explained. Likewise, Ase’s husband is focused on the investigation, with law enforcement saying he’s been cooperative.

[...]
According to Vancouver police, Ase left her home, presumably to head to work around 5:30 a.m. March 26. She never made it to work, though she texted a colleague saying she would be late to her shift around around 6:30 a.m.

Her car was found near her home the next day.

[...]
police have asked Oregon and Washington residents for assistance in locating possible video footage of Ase or her vehicle within a quarter-mile radius of the following locations from 4 p.m. Monday, March 25 and 5 p.m. Wednesday, March 27
[...]

The fact that police are asking for video footage around Cristina's home starting from 4 p.m. the day before she went missing is extremely interesting. It sounds like they think there's a possibility something happened to her at home that night and she didn't actually leave for work the next day at all.

I made a Google map showing the distance from her home to her work using a 5:30 a.m. departure time on March 26th. There were no traffic delays at that hour, so she should have been at work long before that 6:30 a.m. text was sent to her colleague advising she'd be late.

Cristina Ase Map.png

Was her phone in her vehicle when it was found? If not, has law enforcement been able to trace it?

While I'm thinking about phones, I would also like to know where Cristina's phone was when it sent that message saying she was going to be late for work. I hope LE is looking very carefully at that.
I'd also be curious to know if the text message was typed in a way that matched Cristina's texting style or not.

I used to live in the apartment complex next to her's. Had friends who lived in her complex as well. There should be people with Ring cameras. It has become a lot scarier than it was 5 years ago when I lived there. There are a couple areas we have homeless addicts, and some camp on her street. ( There are multiple services for people up and down Mill Plain) Some use the motel next door. It is not in the best part of town.

But it is next to a strip of SFH on one side, and some storage places on the other side, plus the hotel. I hope VPD is looking for any security footage, I wonder if she did not leave the parking lot alone.

Cascade Park is no where near as bad as the west side of town, and it is easy access to the free way as well. I myself have had a few run ins with shady people late at night. We do have an issue with crime/drugs/homeless.

The fact that police are asking for video footage around Cristina's home starting from 4 p.m. the day before she went missing is extremely interesting. It sounds like they think there's a possibility something happened to her at home that night and she didn't actually leave for work the next day at all.
Good catch to notice that!

Yet, this article says:
“Vancouver police say the last time someone heard from Ase was by phone call early Tuesday morning. They say that morning, they believe she left her apartment.”

I wonder who this “someone” is that received a phone call from her the early morning of her disappearance.

We’ve heard a text was received from her phone around 6:30, I believe, where it said she’d be late to work. But this article says “phone call”, which seems to imply a voice call, to my thinking. But, I don’t know. How would you interpret it?

Good catch to notice that!

Yet, this article says:
“Vancouver police say the last time someone heard from Ase was by phone call early Tuesday morning. They say that morning, they believe she left her apartment.”

I wonder who this “someone” is that received a phone call from her the early morning of her disappearance.

We’ve heard a text was received from her phone around 6:30, I believe, where it said she’d be late to work. But this article says “phone call”, which seems to imply a voice call, to my thinking. But, I don’t know. How would you interpret it?

"Phone call" sounds like voice call to me too, but news organizations aren't always the most precise when writing details so it's quite possible that's not accurate.

Okay, what the heck??

• "Ase's cellphone shows she left her home in Vancouver at 6:34 a.m. on March 26" - so that's an hour later than originally reported
  • "the phone shows Ase took the Southeast Foster Road exit and drove a few blocks through residential neighborhoods before spending more than three hours in a neighborhood north of Glenwood Park"
  • "The police report also shows that Ase misled her husband and her employer on at least three other recent occasions"
  • "The report shares another new detail -- Ase's car was found back at her home in Vancouver, and there was residue of a cleaning product used on some surfaces of the interior."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back