WA WA - David Adams, 8, Issaquah, 3 May 1968

Thanks to Jill and Rob for clearing this story up.

IF he somehow got lost, his remains would still be on Tiger Mountain, and they likely would have been found by now - it's a very popular hiking area in Seattle.

It would be interesting to know if any predators were caught who operated in the Seattle area in 1968.

One of my most persistant memories of this time was that dogs and trails always ended up at this guy's home in Renton who had just poured a new cement deck in his back yard....but no one could find the means to force the deck to be uncovered or dug up....I would love to see the cold case look into these stories and find that house...or that man and see if he has a history or other story linking him to young boys.

One of my most persistant memories of this time was that dogs and trails always ended up at this guy's home in Renton who had just poured a new cement deck in his back yard....but no one could find the means to force the deck to be uncovered or dug up....I would love to see the cold case look into these stories and find that house...or that man and see if he has a history or other story linking him to young boys.

Wow, that's fascinating. I wonder if the original case file has this person mentioned... he may well have been caught by now for other crimes, or has moved away and the new owners would be more willing to see what's under their cement deck.

How far away was this from his last sighting? I know parts of Renton border the Tiger Mountain area, but it's a trek from what I consider Issaquah.

That is why I finally posted this memory...to see if anyone else has information about this. I was only 7 and it was 41 years ago...but I think this house was only a few miles from David's neighborhood...it bordered the line between Issaquah and Renton.

JillPillrn can you explain why the media reports and doe network all say he was on the mountain if he was walking home from school? I hope you and yours will have some closure soon
Sarah R, You were asking about David hiking on the mountain versus walking home from school.
This might help you understand the Issaquah area a little more. Issaquah was originally developed in a little valley between several small mountains, Tiger Mtn, Cougar Mtn. In the 50's and 60's developments started sprouting up all over these mountains. If you did want to hike, it was only a few steps away for anyone who lived in Issaquah, even people who lived in town (what my Mother called the "flatlanders"). Here is a link to an aerial view of Issaquah from 1956. Tiger Mountain is on the left.

http://nooksack.lib.washington.edu/...OROOT=/imlsmohai&CISOPTR=3138&CISOBOX=1&REC=1

Also, a few weeks ago my daughter and I visited Clark Elementary where the plaques are for David Duke. We just wanted to confirm that they were for him. We walked around the entire school and there are no plaques for David Adams.
Just as an FYI, there was a drinking fountain that had been placed on the playground against the building for David Duke also. The fountain never really worked properly and it was taken out many years ago, but you can still see the outline of the mason's cement where it was located.

What was the name of this guy in Renton?
I am very suspicious of the BS that Tru Rose posted and it raises my spidey senses even more that this person has not been back since they have been proven to be a liar. The only reason I can think of for being so deceitful is not a pretty one.

I'm not sure which is more bizarre, the case, or the OP. I don't understand the OP at all, why lie about something that could be proven wrong?

I hope David's family get some answers soon.

Hello, I'm new here...not to lurking, but this case inspired me to register.

The OP is very disturbing to me. I believe the person who posted it is also posting on other news article comment boards defending the suspect and claiming to know details about this case. KomoTV's site (Seattle area news) is just one of them. (Link below)

Some basic research I did via internet tells me the name she gave in the OP might be something to look at. There is a man who is the right age living in Lewis County by that name, a fit with the new investigative details. Pure speculation, but I wonder if this poster is a relative or wife of the suspect.

I've sent links to this thread and the other threads I found these comments to the LE investigator by email. It may be something they are aware of--probably--but it can't hurt to send along anyway.

Thanks for being here WS, it's a helpful forum with a lot of sharp, interesting members. I look forward to getting more involved in the conversations soon!.

Komo article: http://www.komonews.com/news/78927242.html
links to the posts in question: http://intensedebate.com/people/september1

Sounds like a good candidate for a Ground Penetrating Radar sweep of the concrete pad to check for voids. This case reminds me of Victor "JR" Shoemaker, missing from Kirby WV area in May 1994.

http://www.issaquahpress.com/2009/12/29/detectives-re-examine-’68-cold-case-with-few-clues/

29 Dec 09

Detectives re-examine ’68 cold case with few clues

December 29, 2009
By Warren Kagarise

Innocence Lost, a three-part series about the 1968 disappearance of David Adams.
Part 3: Clues

Investigators scoured Tiger Mountain for almost a week. Volunteers searched for days more. Still, the mountain yielded no secrets in the search for David Adams, the 8-year-old boy last seen near 15 Mile Creek in May 1968.

The disappearance baffled investigators. Left to work with few leads and scant evidence, the case faded into memory for more than four decades — until now.

and

When David vanished May 3, 1968, authorities handled the case as a search-and-rescue effort. Perhaps the boy fell down a defunct coalmine shaft or suffered a wild animal attack. After exhaustive searches for David turned up no traces, people suspected something more sinister.

David played with a friend after school, and then left for the short trek home at about 5 p.m. Ann Adams, now 76, asked her son to return home for dinner just before he vanished.

“I have the firm, firm feeling that this was not an accident, that somebody was involved,” she said. “Now, whether it was an accident on their part, I don’t know if they deliberately set out to do harm to him. But somehow along in the association that they had, harm was done to him.”

much, much more at link

After 41 years the investigators have nothing but suspicion. I feel that David's sister is correct in the abduction theory. It's the only explanation for no physical evidence. My heart goes out to the Family members. Investigators should quit "targeting" individuals without solid clues or concrete evidence. All this conjecture only leads to maligning an individual whether guilty or not. Promises of a conviction are wrong without some sort of evidence. Suspicion of someone does not spell guilt.

If proper research is done you'll find two persons with the same last name living in Lewis Co. at this time. Some years ago there were three separate addresses which would give five different people by that surname in Lewis Co., and presently one in the Raymond area. Which shall we target? I think none without solid evidence.

I have not heard from LE on the status of the POI, however, given what I know, it does not surprise me he may be cleared. There are a lot of questions in this case but with the lack of living witnesses, lack of evidence that would tell us what happened, and the half truths, misleading statements and what I consider lies by LE, we will probably never know.

Hello:
I have not posted here for sometime...after the Issaquah Press did such a great story (kudos to Warren) I took a break. It has been a very emotional time to one bring my truth about David back to the world, but also to see the story and pictures of David's family and to have his sister join us here on this blog. I am now 49, a father of two, and this memory and the honor of telling the truth about David has been a very big personal journey of horror and memory of the loss and also knowing now the cost of that loss in more personal terms....

I cannot imagine what I would do if I did not know where my sons were at all times.

David's mother got the last word in. She stated in as peaceful and forgiving terms that she and her family no longer worried about David..that they knew he was in a better place and that they worried more about the person that put him there.

True forgiveness and grace. And, that is a lesson to me and better than I could do as a father and friend.

But, David was abducted. His abductor should be found and punished and take responsibility for this. But, if he does not, then I believe that justice in the next world will prevail.

It has been my honor to bring you the truth and to send the originator of this discussion off to consider 'her' lies and mistruths. But, after forty years of silence it has been a memory that brought up emotions I was unprepared for. The loss is real. There are monsters that live among us. I do not as a human and as a father understand this still.

May I get to the place where peace, forgiveness and love exist like Ann Adams and her family have gotten to someday.

Rob Killian,
Seattle, WA

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member