GUILTY WA - Elaine Sepulveda, 15, Oak Harbor, 6 Nov 2004

I guess it's because this is a local case, but I just can't seem to let it go. Only one person has written a letter of protest over James receiving only a slap on the hand.

Sheromom said:
I guess it's because this is a local case, but I just can't seem to let it go. Only one person has written a letter of protest over James receiving only a slap on the hand.
It looks that the DA didn't think the physical evidence of asphyxiation was clear enough to ensure a conviction. Asphyxiation is tricky to prove, even in fresh remains.

It's horrible that they can't get him on first-degree charges, but I suppose having him behind bars at all is better than having a jury acquit him...

cvickers said:
It looks that the DA didn't think the physical evidence of asphyxiation was clear enough to ensure a conviction. Asphyxiation is tricky to prove, even in fresh remains.

It's horrible that they can't get him on first-degree charges, but I suppose having him behind bars at all is better than having a jury acquit him...
You are right, of course, but even at the beginning of the case, the newspaper always referred to James as "frail and afraid". Plus, the kid asked my daughter for a date once. Now it won't be long and he will be back out. Elaine's mom is so gracious. She even hugged James' mom after the sentencing. James claimed she died of a head wound but there was no sign of one. Just makes me mad! Even time I think of it, I think about how the neighbors said he was always out stirring that compost pile. One thing for sure, if he ever tries to talk to my daughter again, I'LL be jail for murder!

You are right, of course, but even at the beginning of the case, the newspaper always referred to James as "frail and afraid". Plus, the kid asked my daughter for a date once. Now it won't be long and he will be back out. Elaine's mom is so gracious. She even hugged James' mom after the sentencing. James claimed she died of a head wound but there was no sign of one. Just makes me mad! Even time I think of it, I think about how the neighbors said he was always out stirring that compost pile. One thing for sure, if he ever tries to talk to my daughter again, I'LL be jail for murder!

Yep, he has been out for a year and has many FB friends; most of them girls. Out at 2:00 am stirring the compost.......wish they had put him down!

I knew Elaine as a kid and we both had a thing for each other. When she moved, I had no idea I'd never get a chance to see her again. I remember being asked about this but was told she had runaway. I saw this website in a video in documentary and the first case I came across on here was this one. She was an amazing person and I hope her family finds peace and comfort.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back