WA WA - Erin MacGregor, 18, Redmond, 19 Sept 1990

I don't think my last message posted, so I'll try again:

Again, let me know if you need any help. This weekend I'll try to compile what "facts" and inconsistencies I'm aware of.

That would great! I have taken some mental notes along the way and I can jot them down and perhaps we can compare here. That way we can sort and sift the facts from the inconsistencies. That would be a tremendous help for when writing the "detail" main paragraph of the flyer. It can be tricky as the real estate of the page can be limited and differs from case to case–the more info a case has, the less real estate on the page.

I found a hi-res image of Erin's photo and would like to show a photo of her Honda CRX as well. I will search around.

Also, for the IDENTIFIABLE FEATURES section for the flyer... take notes on her clothing--colors, items she carried, facial body feature or marks. We can compare those too for sifting. I didn't find much, but in case you find something I missed along the way. :smile:

Not sure who entered her case information into NamUs, but there are some inconsistencies listed there and misinformation given about her car.

First, under "circumstances," it states she had "two" job interviews the day she vanished and didn't keep either appointments.

Second, under "transportation methods," it lists Erin's car as a Honda Civic Del Sol, which is totally incorrect. The photo of her car that was shown is a Honda Civic CRX. In 1992, I bought a '87 Honda Civic CRX and it looked just like Erin's minus the color.

All CRX's were model brands of the Civic. The Honda Civic Del Sol replaced all former CRX models in the U.S. starting in 1993-1998, long after she disappeared in 1990.

I have created a prelim web flyer design for Erin. Basically, it's all ready to go. I was going to list her on the "Cold Case" flyer design, but I decided to list her on the "Missing Person" design and referencing her as a cold case. My CC flyer is better reserved for unsolved homicides.

So with this prelim, I kept the main paragraph with just the simple facts known without mentioning any inconsistencies. It was a little tricky. Before it's finalized and posted for the web, I think we should still compare notes and discuss what should be mentioned in the main paragraph for the web flyer.

You're welcome, Sally Steeltoe. Yes, concerning her purse, that was the first time I had heard about it, too. So, if they say she left her purse at home the day of she vanished, was it an alternate purse/bag?

Yes, the attack on the boyfriend was very strange. How could he not give a description of the guy? Something is very peculiar about this entire case. And I wonder if the disappearance of the Redmond woman who went missing on September 30th is related to Erin's case?

I wasn't familiar with this case until tonight when I read that the DNA was a match.

I too wonder about the boyfriend. I haven't read through all of the links - is there one that gives his name? I wonder what he is up to these days??

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2

From the time posts listed, SheWhoMustNotBeNamed and I posted the same article and link one minute apart! Lol.

Anyway, I'm so glad that Erin's sister and dad are able to find some peace after all these years, especially losing Erin and her mother within a short time frame in 1990. Hopefully now, the police will release more detailed (and correct) information about the case with the hopes of shaking up her killer(s). If they feel they are close to solving it, then what better to release a little more details to the public!

I wasn't familiar with this case until tonight when I read that the DNA was a match.

I too wonder about the boyfriend. I haven't read through all of the links - is there one that gives his name? I wonder what he is up to these days??

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2

No, none of the old news articles mention the boyfriend's name, but I'm sure the police have all ready re-connected with him as this case is, "most likely a homicide."

No, none of the old news articles mention the boyfriend's name, but I'm sure the police have all ready re-connected with him as this case is, "most likely a homicide."

Yeah--I have a feeling that the boyfriend isn't happy that she was found. His story about the threats and attack seem really hinky to me--there are so many cases where the supposed perp leaves notes & it ends up that it was never a stranger, it's the person reporting the supposed "threats."

I hope they resolve it soon.

Yeah--I have a feeling that the boyfriend isn't happy that she was found. His story about the threats and attack seem really hinky to me--there are so many cases where the supposed perp leaves notes & it ends up that it was never a stranger, it's the person reporting the supposed "threats."

I hope they resolve it soon.

Yeah, something about those supposed threat incidents are just odd and don't make sense.

I looked at google maps last night and located mile marker 39 on I-90, the area where Erin's partial skull was located. I wasn't sure if I found the right location, but the KCPQ news article now has the evening news video segment of the story and it shows the same region I found on the map. The area is the mountainous Snoqualmie Valley region, southeast of and right outside the town of Snoqualmie and North Bend. I know this area well. Many truckers and travelers come to and from I-90 into North Bend and Snoqualmie for food, gas, lodging, etc. The Snoqualmie River runs in the direction and area where Erin's remains where found. I-90 also runs from Seattle. So her killer(s) could have traveled I-90 straight to mile marker 39 to dispose of her.

The news video stated the partial skull was found by hunters in the area in 2001. The area is so remote, vast with wilderness, and you can pretty much bet her remains were discarded and spread about by wild animals. So the location of her partial skull does not mean that it was the actual site where her body was initially placed after her death.

I just got back from vacation to this incredible news. I still can't quite believe it! I really hope the case is reopened and gets more attention than it did in the past.

Kodiak, I want to apologize for being absolutely no help with the flyer. Almost immediately after my last post, I got sick with a horrible cold. After being out for a week and it being the end of the fiscal year (I'm a budget analyst, and July is our busiest month), I'm afraid it slipped my mind. I would always remember it--guiltily, I might add--when I was away from the computer!

Like you folks, I'm also really hoping "the boyfriend" gets a visit. If he's innocent, he's innocent, but it doesn't seem his stories were investigated very thoroughly. I also hope Aimee (Erin's sister) and her father are feeling some small measure of peace now.

The news video stated the partial skull was found by hunters in the area in 2001. The area is so remote, vast with wilderness, and you can pretty much bet her remains were discarded and spread about by wild animals. So the location of her partial skull does not mean that it was the actual site where her body was initially placed after her death.

I agree. I have a feeling her body "self buried" somewhere and her bones were probably scattered about by animals. The rest of her could be almost anywhere, unfortunately.

I just got back from vacation to this incredible news. I still can't quite believe it! I really hope the case is reopened and gets more attention than it did in the past.

Kodiak, I want to apologize for being absolutely no help with the flyer. Almost immediately after my last post, I got sick with a horrible cold. After being out for a week and it being the end of the fiscal year (I'm a budget analyst, and July is our busiest month), I'm afraid it slipped my mind. I would always remember it--guiltily, I might add--when I was away from the computer!

Like you folks, I'm also really hoping "the boyfriend" gets a visit. If he's innocent, he's innocent, but it doesn't seem his stories were investigated very thoroughly. I also hope Aimee (Erin's sister) and her father are feeling some small measure of peace now.

No worries, Sally Steeltoe. I completely understand. Even I have been a little absent from the boards lately, too. As for the flyer, I updated the flyer for retirement on my BOLO site with a link to the news article. If the police confirm any time soon that the case is an official "homicide," I will then create a custom homicide BOLO Flyer as well.

Yes, it is incredible news. And I agree... like we have been saying all along, we need more facts and correct details released to the public to help the police in solving Erin's case. The more details, even if they are little ones–the better!

I've noticed that the news stories (the Q13 Fox article linked to above and this one from the Redmond Reporter: http://www.redmond-reporter.com/news/218554191.html) aren't getting many comments. Doesn't anyone remember this girl?!? Like I said in one of my initial posts, she vanished too quietly.

Yeah, I noticed that, too! I also noticed in a web search that the Q13 and Redmond Reporter articles are the only ones covering the story since it was announced.

Yeah, something about those supposed threat incidents are just odd and don't make sense.

I looked at google maps last night and located mile marker 39 on I-90, the area where Erin's partial skull was located. I wasn't sure if I found the right location, but the KCPQ news article now has the evening news video segment of the story and it shows the same region I found on the map. The area is the mountainous Snoqualmie Valley region, southeast of and right outside the town of Snoqualmie and North Bend. I know this area well. Many truckers and travelers come to and from I-90 into North Bend and Snoqualmie for food, gas, lodging, etc. The Snoqualmie River runs in the direction and area where Erin's remains where found. I-90 also runs from Seattle. So her killer(s) could have traveled I-90 straight to mile marker 39 to dispose of her.

I used to live in Seattle, this is not that far of a drive from Redmond, straight shot on I-90 as you posted. Used to go there all the time to the Snoqualmie River and Pass. Twin Peaks was filmed there.
If the boyfriend's name is released I'd love to know.

I used to live in Seattle, this is not that far of a drive from Redmond, straight shot on I-90 as you posted. Used to go there all the time to the Snoqualmie River and Pass. Twin Peaks was filmed there.
If the boyfriend's name is released I'd love to know.

Ah, yes. Nothing but fond memories of having some cherry pie and a nice cup of joe at the former Mar-T Cafe!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back