MISTRIAL WA - Four Parkland PD officers shot to death, 29 Nov 2009 *shooter killed, Driver 3rd hung jury*

Ugh, what a horrible massacre of people who risk their lives to protect ours. 4 dead and gone, just like that. And during the holiday season, their families will remember this every year. May they RIP and may the Lord give the families, and community, strength and peace, in Jesus' Name, amen.
Amen. :prayer:

Good God :( :( :( I lived in Parkland fifteen years ago, went to college there, it used to be a middle class extension/burb of Tacoma. Tacoma always had trouble in the Hilltop region. God help the families of these officers :(

Per Komo radio - SWAT team is moving into an area, residential, not far from the shooting scene.

Previously some nitwit called 911 and said they were the shooter - proved to not be true.

KOMO radio states they are looking for ONE suspect. States that if anyone knows who did this, not to trust them, as they have already killed 4 people.

They are also stating that through this massacre Lakewood City PD has lost 10-15% of their force through this.

So sad, God Bless these families and help them through their grief.

Pierce County Sheriff does have a live feed scanner at the Radio Reference website but it is basically silent with all this activity going on. Probably will remain such until there is a stand down of forces.

Per Komo radio - SWAT team is moving into an area, residential, not far from the shooting scene.

Previously some nitwit called 911 and said they were the shooter - proved to not be true.
What a sick joke! Who in their right mind would do that. :furious: I hope SWAT has located the perp and takes him out. MOO

This is too much. When is it going to stop?

The man who killed his sisters and another little girl on Thursday, now this.

Don't know about you all but I am numb. Just numb

This is too much. When is it going to stop?

The man who killed his sisters and another little girl on Thursday, now this.

Don't know about you all but I am numb. Just numb
I know, Tricia. And this is supposed to be a "happy" holiday weekend. :cry:

There's going to be a candle light vigil tonight at 6:00 p.m. I can't recall the location. I'll bring it here when I find it.

fran

PS........From what I've seen so far, they're still not releasing the officers names. Apparently all their families haven't been notified. :(

There's going to be a candle light vigil tonight at 6:00 p.m. I can't recall the location. I'll bring it here when I find it.

fran

PS........From what I've seen so far, they're still not releasing the officers names. Apparently all their families haven't been notified. :(
Maybe an abundance of caution so as not to put the families in danger with the suspect still at large?

:furious:
About 2 1/2 hours after the deadly ambush, officers identified a white Chevy pickup truck abandoned at 134th Street and Pacific Avenue South that is believed to be the one that the suspects fled in.

Soon after, there was a standoff reported about two blocks away between officers and one or more people barricaded inside a residence at C Street and 133rd Street South.

It was not immediately known if the standoff is related to the police shootings.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/78088192.html

Any more info on this truck, were they able to get fingerprints and run them through the system? Was the truck stolen?

Who in this world gets up, goes out at 8:15 on a Sunday morning and shoots 4 innocent police officers dead as they sit having coffee? There was NO provocation, not that there ever would be justification for shooting public safety officers.

They're still looking for the perp in the area. One officer was able to wrestle with the suspect. He died outside the door. It's also believed there may have been shots fired by one of the officers.

They're asking locals if they know anyone, black male age 25 to 35 with an unexplained injury, to call LE.

They did have one person in for questioning, they believe he was obstructing. He was bs'ing his friends and one thing led to the other. They don't know if they'll charge him with 'obstructing.'

Evidence is telling them right now a Lakewood officer may have gotten a shot off. It was one of the male officers who was fighting with the suspect. They HOPE he was able to injur the suspect.

They do have multiple videos available from around the area. If any is useful, they'll release it.

They believe the suspect fled on foot.

Sorry, this is from a radio broadcast. He's just trying to get info out to the public.

fran

new info from CNN, they believe their was a struggle with one officer and suspect may be wounded by evidence found at the scene.

They said that the suspect may be either shot or injurred from the fight. They're asking anyone that knows someone that even looks injurred, matching the suspects description to call the tip number.

Oh, fwiw, they believe they'll be able to remove the officer's bodies in the next 1 or two hours. :(

This coffee shop was a 'safe spot' for officers from surrounding jurisdicitions to meet up and swap info, etc. Apparently, that's why there was confusion at the beginning on which agency was involved.

Gosh, just imagine being a family member right now, knowing your loved one has been laying their dead all day and you can't do anything about it.

:(
fran

I'm sorry. I get upset when a LE officer is killed. I was friends with a couple and the husband, police officer was killed in a gun battle following a hold up.

:(
fran

If there is any justice in the world, today give us proof and find this suspect ( with undeniable evidence on him) dead before sunset today. God forgive me. For the personal and professional families of these 4 officers, let them have closure tonight.

I wonder, since they have witnesses, why there isn't a composite drawing ? Maybe there will be soon...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keziah16
Back