Found Deceased WA - Haidie 'Mandy' Guest, 41, Tacoma, 23 Sept 2017

Another thing I find interesting is she was 41 when she went missing in 2017,but the death notice says she was 43. So....a typo? She was found 2 years to the day she went missing? So many questions.....
I’ve been watching for news on Haidie too.
My guess is she took her own life. If her family is as religious as she seems to have been, maybe they’re ashamed of that and that’s why there’s no obit. :(

My guess would be that she needed to be missing and unaccounted for two years to be declared legally dead. Godspeed.

I was Mandys stepsister but we weren’t involved in sort of contact or relationship prior to her disappearance. Her father and my mother married when I was 15 and Mandy 14. The last time I had any contact with her was when her father passed away 5 years ago. Due to distance and other issues my step dad and my mother never really got to know her husband and their two girls. Mandy and her dad spoke on the phone regularly prior to his death and I’m glad that this isn’t something he had to go through. Anyway, my mom has tried to reach out to her husband and daughters through Facebook but not much reply from them. Mandy’s mom did have some contact before and after her disappearance but it’s been quite a while since they last spoke.
I received a text today from my brother that Mandys remains were found and link to the death notice. Although we (my mom, brother and me) weren’t close to Mandy we have thought about her often just hoping she was okay and not being harmed but sort of knowing something bad happened to her. She would not have committed suicide because her daughters meant the world to her. Her wallet was found with her ID and everything else on a street where a jogger found it and brought to police station. I believe this was shortly after she went missing. That wallet found was a telling sign that this wasn’t a suicide or her running off to start over. She would not do that. Mandy was religious but her husband wasn’t.
From day one of my mother calling to tell me about her disappearance I’ve wondered why was her disappearance not on her family and friends social media or on the news. It’s still very bizarre and I can only speculate. If it were my mom or spouse or daughter missing I would be getting the details out to as many people as possible to hopefully get a break in the case.
That’s all I really have to say but I too and trying to find out more about her death and discovered remains and that’s how I ended up here.
One last thing, to be declared deceased the missing person has to be missing for at least 7 years.

This case always bothered me. I live in Washington. Was anybody ever looking for her? There's just about no information out there about her. Did her family know something about her disappearance that wasn't released to the public, which is why there wasn't any kind of media on her? It looks like her (who I presume to be)husband is engaged to someone else. The lack of information is frustrating. Rest in peace Haidie.

@Ktbirdx3 thank you for signing up to bring some info whatsoever into this case. This is one of the least covered current missing person cases on the site. It's alarming how some cases barely make a ripple and I'd honestly like to know why. I hope that her daughters are okay .

I didn't know the Washington law about the length of time for a person to be missing. I was just making a guess because of how coincidental the death notice being entered lined up at precisely two years after she went missing. That's quite a coincidence don't you think?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Champ86
Back