GUILTY WA - Ingrid Lyne, 40, Seattle, 8 April 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said, I'm just catching up, but is there any evidence that she was ever at the baseball game? Thanks in advance for any info I missed.

If so, that's a very small window of time for him to kill her, dismember her, prepare her remains (did I read they were wrapped up?), and then put her in the bin before it was discovered Saturday afternoon.

Weirder and weirder.

If there is evidence they were at the game, it hasn't been released. But seeing as they'd been dating since last month, I think it's definitely a possibility.
As far as the remains being packaged, they were simply put into white kitchen garbage bags.

Is there a link for the dating-since-last-month info?

Is there a link for the dating-since-last-month info?

Thanks to all for the thread.I am in personal denial this horrible crime happened just on the other side of Lake Washington from me & this beautiful moms life was snatched by a deviant .

QFox 13 Seattle.com has a photo of John Robert Carlton from Montana DOC and a Facebook photo of him. Like Ted Bundy he wears a mask disguising the psychopath personality underneath.

When I read her remains were found in the vincinity of Central Area. I immediately thought of the Rainer Ave. He could use Rainer Ave both to and from Safeco. Rainer Ave is in the vicinity of Safeco and a viable route to and from Renton.

http://q13fox.com/2016/04/11/police...-of-missing-renton-mom-of-3-suspect-arrested/

:cow:

Hi,it is in the QFox 13 link in my post.:discuss:

Maybe someone dropped him off at her house and they never made it to the game.I wonder if he even had tickets to begin with.That would give him lots of time and explain why everything of hers was still at the house.

If there is evidence they were at the game, it hasn't been released. But seeing as they'd been dating since last month, I think it's definitely a possibility.
As far as the remains being packaged, they were simply put into white kitchen garbage bags.

Thank you.

OK, so just what I've read so far--they already knew each other to the extent that her friends and family knew his name.

And he didn't have a car so presumably she had to drive to this date.

Yet in less than a 24-hour period he found himself in possession of weapon, motive, opportunity, undisturbed murder location, clean-up (wrapping/bagging) materials, and dump site.

All going undetected as far as has been reported.

And her purse and phone left at home.

Does. Not. Compute.

Good night all my WS friends, and thanks for the sleuthing. Hoping for more clarification as more facts are revealed.

Maybe someone dropped him off at her house and they never made it to the game.I wonder if he even had tickets to begin with.That would give him lots of time and explain why everything of hers was still at the house.

But where did he kill and dismember her then, and wasn't her body dumped pretty far from the house? If he didn't have a car how did he transport it there?

I may have my facts wrong. I haven't caught up yet on the case.

ETA: I just realized he could have transported the body in her own car which is why LE is looking for it. DUH. Goodnight all.

If he did post that CL ad... it makes it sound as if the OP had it together. The writer says something about having it together with a house, job, etc and looking for the same. But I don't know if that's where she met him.

That CL ad was terrible. Disjointed, full of ellipses and awful grammar and spelling. Not to mention a few curse words. Can't imagine an educated woman would find that ad attractive in the least. We still don't know if he's the one that placed it.

His POF ad isn't much better. He certainly doesn't sound like a catch, or decent dating material on either one. Yuck.

Now that we've established they began dating last month, we can say with certainty that the Craigslist Ad was not his.

I would hope that, with all they can do with phone pings etc these days, LE are able to trace this guy's movements. Perhaps put him at the game with her, possibly accompanying/following her home, and then to another location where the horrors took place?
Was the motive initially robbery/theft of car and things went south?
Where is her car? In a chop shop? (ETA: absolutely no pun or reference to crime intended here :( ), Perhaps at the bottom of a lake by now?

All just musing. But, with the "real name dating" followed by putting the body pieces in a recently emptied recycling bin, he doesn't seem to be the sharpest crayon in the box, so hopefully the police will have plenty of dots to connect.

Why not? I wouldn't rule it out quite yet.
Well, I guess it could be his. As much as any other craigslist post could be his.
It would not make any sense for him to try to get a date to the Mariners on Craigslist, when he already had one lined up with Ingrid.

Because men meet a women and stop talking to all other women or potential women...

Because men meet a women and stop talking to all other women or potential women...

Right, but this was a planned date he had with Ingrid. Why would he make a post on Craigslist looking for a date to the game, when he and Ingrid were already planning to go together?
Again, it COULD be him, but I don't see any reason at all to suspect that it was. There were tens of thousands of people at that game. The fact that the Mariners game was mentioned just doesn't seem like enough cause to suspect he posted it. Not to mention the fact that the age is off by 6 years.

Hi I'm back. Not in bed yet because my mind won't shut up.

It's been reported that the guy had a non-felony criminal history.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/crime/article/Police-Body-found-in-recycling-bin-may-be-7242270.php

So how does a person escalate from that, not only to murder but also dismemberment--in zero to 60?

If he was living in a drug den as reported, that could account for some of it. We know he has a history of substance abuse based on the DUI record. Drugs can obviously influence a person in really terrible ways.
That said, I really just can't imagine Ingrid going out on multiple dates with someone who is actively using. As a nurse, she would almost surely be able to see the signs. And as a mother of three young girls, even one sign would probably have been enough for her to cut him off. So many questions.

But that said, he also has priors for assault and battery. So this may just be a horrifically pronounced escalation of his already present violent tendencies.

Why not? I wouldn't rule it out quite yet.

Can't rule out anything till the police investigate. There is another ad on CL mentioning the Mariners, but age is 36. Not to say I think that's him, but interesting/creepy.

If he was living in a drug den as reported, that could account for some of it. We know he has a history of substance abuse based on the DUI record. Drugs can obviously influence a person in really terrible ways.
That said, I really just can't imagine Ingrid going out on multiple dates with someone who is actively using. As a nurse, she would almost surely be able to see the signs. And as a mother of three young girls, even one sign would probably have been enough for her to cut him off. So many questions.

But that said, he also has priors for assault and battery. So this may just be a horrifically pronounced escalation of his already present violent tendencies.

Thanks, would you post the link for assault and battery priors? I'm not doubting you, just trying to get caught up.

ETA: Also the drug den. Hadn't seen that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueCrimeTarot