Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeking tips on missing girl, police say: Don’t judge parents
Originally published August 6, 2014 at 8:06 PM - Page modified August 7, 2014 at 1:14 PM
By Christine Clarridge, Seattle Times staff reporter

[...]

“We would ask people to set aside issues about criminal history and parenting choices right now,” Kitsap County sheriff’s spokesman Scott Wilson said. “Let’s find Jenise first and sort the rest later."

[...]

Wilson acknowledged that it sounded strange initially to learn Jenise was missing a full day before police were called. “You have to understand, it’s a different mentality, almost like a tribal community, here,” he said. “She was, literally, a child of the park and everyone knew her. Because she was so friendly, she would have breakfast with some neighbors here and lunch with others over there.”

Wilson also said that investigators are fully aware of the girl’s father’s criminal history, but do not believe it is connected with the girl’s disappearance.

Except, this is not a tribe community. I think LE was also trying to keep the parent's co-operation flowing. LE knew quickly what people thought if you read between the lines in some of the interviews.

(((Makaroni)))....I guess I just my panties in a bundle when I sense some judgement was being made on the community.

Not one family here refused to have their homes searched and as far as I know, everyone even freely gave their DNA to FBI.

Thoughts and prayers to the community as well. The must be absolutely reeling right now.

Originally published August 6, 2014 at 8:06 PM - Page modified August 7, 2014 at 1:14 PM

[...]

“We would ask people to set aside issues about criminal history and parenting choices right now,” Kitsap County sheriff’s spokesman Scott Wilson said. “Let’s find Jenise first and sort the rest later."

[...]

Wilson acknowledged that it sounded strange initially to learn Jenise was missing a full day before police were called. “You have to understand, it’s a different mentality, almost like a tribal community, here,” he said. “She was, literally, a child of the park and everyone knew her. Because she was so friendly, she would have breakfast with some neighbors here and lunch with others over there.”

Wilson also said that investigators are fully aware of the girl’s father’s criminal history, but do not believe it is connected with the girl’s disappearance.

Thanks bessie. I had never seen that article.

I was so relieved to refresh the page and not see "found deceased" at the top of the page. But then I clicked on the thread and saw the bad news.

Oh, Jenise. I am so sorry this happened to you. Rest in peace, sweet girl.
I think mods will change that tomorrow when she is formally identified. I wondered the same thing.

[...]

[...]

Thanks for posting this....I looked for it earlier but didn't find it. Now, I'm angry all over again! I refuse to accept that LE thinks this is ok parenting! Different mentality? What?

(((Makaroni)))....I guess I just my panties in a bundle when I sense some judgement was being made on the community.

Not one family here refused to have their homes searched and as far as I know, everyone even freely gave their DNA to FBI.

Do you know if there are trails between the Hwy and the neighborhood? I imagine with those hwys intersecting right there, that is a drop off/pick up location for some transient individuals.

if you zoom Hollye's map, there is definitely a trail wide enough for a car to back into, that seems to go off into the woods; east side of Steel Creek Loop NE right before the play area which is further up on the left.

https://www.google.com/maps/u/0/ms?...9,-122.629395&spn=0.00206,0.009817&dg=feature

And that last sentence stands out to me more than anything about that community .. Willing to have homes searched and DNA taken to save Jenise!! They are good people who want justice for a precious little girl ... Just like all of us!! I had to remove my contacts and cry earlier for Jenise ... Now I'm mad and want justice for her!! We should all hope to be as blessed to have neighbors looking out for our kids like they did for Jenise! Hugs for all the neighbors who loved this baby and looked out for her.

Mobile home parks vs. trailer parks - terminology

Please scroll on by if someone calls a "mobile home park" a "trailer park" instead. I've lived in different communities and not all areas consider the term "trailer park" as derogatory. In fact, there is a nice mobile home park nearby and the managers of the park call it a "trailer park" and don't think a thing about it. For Websleuths intents and purposes, both descriptions are okay and not meant as derogatory. If someone says "trailer trash", that is NOT acceptable and please alert the post if you ever see that posted.

:tyou:

Yes, and the moment I saw the video, I made up my mind about this case - before Jenise was found, before I found out about CPS' recent actions, before I heard about the dad's past criminal charges and actually, before the dad called her a spoiled little brat, in the video. Perhaps I'm wrong - another video made me waffle a bit - but that's sadly where I stand as of now. My concerns came about 43 seconds in: http://www.kirotv.com/videos/news/video-search-grows-for-missing-6-year-old/vCmSgH/

Here's another video of the dad: http://www.komonews.com/news/local/...-6-year-old-girl-269833771.html?tab=video&c=y

I dunno gitana1, I kind of had the opposite reaction. I'm not sure why those unflattering things came out of his mouth, but I didn't get guilt. From almost the beginning, I felt it was a male teen.

Prob wrong, been so many, many times.

why is attacking the parents being allowed? have they been named suspects or POI's?

I'm heartbroken about the death of Jenise. I don't know if its because I have a 6 year old girl or I live in the same state... all of these cases hurt, but this one hurts so badly. How could somebody steal her life and then throw her away like she's garbage? How can humans treat others this way? :(

“She is a social butterfly, she’s the youngest, she's a spoiled little brat, and she’s the princess of the household and she gets her way most times than the others and the older ones can’t stand it," said the girl's father, Jim Wright.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/6-year-old-girl-missing-bremerton/ngtWG/
It's unfortunate that we get only a snip of that interview. That always bugs the heck out of me. As usual, we don't know what question he was responding to, and the statement is out of context.

It looks like a vehicle could get through/into part of that area from the Hwy. The red pin seems to be closer to the Hwy than the neighborhood.

eta: I wonder if there are any fresh tire tracks in that open dirt/brown grass area?

and... when zooming it in, it looks like paths where walkers, bikers, and maybe ATVs could travel.

with transients/homeless near there... I bet there are some pretty fair trails throughout those woods, and clumps of bushes surround them.

The direction her body was facing should provide some idea of which way she was brought into that thicket.

There was a video I watched, a young man was on a motorcycle riding around searching for Jenise. It showed an abandoned house that he said the kids played in. I'm curious now how close that was to the area her body was found.

Do you know if there are trails between the Hwy and the neighborhood? I imagine with those hwys interesecting right there, that is a drop off/pick up location for some.

There is a small homeless camp there. So there must be some kind of trail. I suspect she was not near the trail if someone was trying to hide her. They must have ended up with scratch on themselves...from the bushes.

I think mods will change that tomorrow when she is formally identified. I wondered the same thing.

Oooohhhh... that makes sense. I had a bad feeling when I opened my browser and I saw 35 pages had been added from last I looked late this morning. But it didn't say deceased so I was like, "great! still hope!" :( Not this time. Poor Jenise. :(

There is a small homeless camp there. So there must be some kind of trail. I suspect she was not near the trail if someone was trying to hide her. They must have ended up with scratch on themselves...from the bushes.

I am thinking whomever may have tossed her into a thicket of bushes off of the trail and any scratches may be from Jenise herself...:(

I read somewhere that a homeless camp is nearby the trailer park?

Not trying to accuse any people *because* they are homeless, but just curious if that's been confirmed or investigated or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA