Found Deceased WA - Jose Sanchez Diaz, 20, Lynnwood, 29 Aug 2015

I want to say the last ferry leaves Mukilteo around 11:00 or 11:30 at night and the earliest they start up again is around 5:00 am. There are tons of people around working the dock and car decks when ferries are loading. I don't know how someone could have missed a car falling off the ferry into the water during a routine loading of cars, even in a wind storm. I wonder if they pulled video last year when he went missing? Ferry docks have cameras recording loading and unloading cars.

Yeah and that ferry dock, like all docks, have the red and white gates down when the ferry isn't docked. So it's not like his car plowed through the gate and went into the water. 50 under and 100 feet from the end of the dock is a long way out. Could currents have moved it that far within a year? There's something wrong with this entire story.

I wonder what time of day the phone signal was emitted. Jose was last seen "in the early hours" of August 29. I wonder how that jibes with the phone. If he headed to Mukilteo in the middle of the night, yeah, he would have had to ram the gates to sail off the (deserted at that hour) ferry dock. And yet there isn't really any other way to get into the water there, as far as I can remember. The beach is full of driftwood and the sand would be too soft to drive on anyway. And depending on tidal action, that might have left tire tracks, also. This all seems extremely mysterious.

I wonder what time of day the phone signal was emitted. Jose was last seen "in the early hours" of August 29. I wonder how that jibes with the phone. If he headed to Mukilteo in the middle of the night, yeah, he would have had to ram the gates to sail off the (deserted at that hour) ferry dock. And yet there isn't really any other way to get into the water there, as far as I can remember. The beach is full of driftwood and the sand would be too soft to drive on anyway. And depending on tidal action, that might have left tire tracks, also. This all seems extremely mysterious.

I concur. It is extremely mysterious. Yet, it leaves the possibility of a freakish incident that he was driving at a fast rate in the morning hours along the 525 Mukilteo Speedway and crossed front street, drove through the ungated ferry dock and sailed into the water. But still, 100 feet from the end of the ferry dock is still a ways out. It's stated that morning he left the friend's house in Lynnwood at 2 a.m. and he was last seen at 4 a.m. around the Lynnwood Park & Ride area. Could it be possible, he or someone else pushed the car off the ferry on the first 5 a.m. run?

And Aunt_Tulip is right, there are so many people and workers around there. Who wouldn't notice a car going into the water? But then again, a few years ago, a silver grey pickup truck was found underwater next to the ferry dock at the beach location in front of the white apartment building. No one witnessed the event, but it was caught on camera. As you notice in the photo below, the truck ended off to the side and away from the ferry dock. Jose's car is being reported as 100 feet from the end of the dock.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/komo...bmerged-truck-near-Mukilteo-ferry-3599254.php

t600-Pickup 1_straight.jpg

Can't you enter the water over the embankment right past the lighthouse roundabout? Kind of near the boat launch? Is that barricaded off at night? It's more bizarre that a body wasn't found. I have a hard time imaging how it could drop off the ferry with no one else noticing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't you enter the water over the embankment right past the lighthouse roundabout? Kind of near the boat launch? Is that barricaded off at night? It's more bizarre that a body wasn't found. I have a hard time imaging how it could drop off the ferry with no one else noticing.

Not sure if that is barricaded off at night, but I think that was part of the underwater search area done last year because it was done right at the boat launch. I think if a car sailed over the embankment, the rock retaining wall would have shown damage, too. Plus, to land on the beach and then drive into the water, it would have left tire marks.

Could it be happenstance that the gate to the ferry dock was left up, and unattended, and he drove through Front Street onto the Ferry dock at high rate of speed thinking it was a bridge, or an entranceway to a freeway? Also, too, I wonder if the storm was still strong at that time of the morning, too? Because during a storm, waves and currents can be extremely fierce on those waters. If they were strong enough, I guess it could have shifted the car tremendously once submerged.

Not sure if that is barricaded off at night, but I think that was part of the underwater search area done last year because it was done right at the boat launch. I think if a car sailed over the embankment, the rock retaining wall would have shown damage, too. Plus, to land on the beach and then drive into the water, it would have left tire marks.

Could it be happenstance that the gate to the ferry dock was left up, and unattended, and he drove through Front Street onto the Ferry dock at high rate of speed thinking it was a bridge, or an entranceway to a freeway? Also, too, I wonder if the storm was still strong at that time of the morning, too? Because during a storm, waves and currents can be extremely fierce on those waters. If they were strong enough, I guess it could have shifted the car tremendously once submerged.

People do drive off ferry docks accidentally more often than I ever realized, so that seems possible. Perhaps his body is in there and just wasn't visible? I'm having a hard time seeing how it could be an accident if he's not inside. Maybe he managed to escape the car in time? But then his body was never found? It will be interesting to see what they find when they have the car up.

The ME's office has ID'd his body, which was recovered by divers. At least his family will have him back now.

is there a link? thank you!

The ME's office has ID'd his body, which was recovered by divers. At least his family will have him back now.

Prayers to his foster family and his friends. Such a tragic loss.

I am so very sorry to see this news. What a sad ending. His loved ones must still have so many questions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back