WA WA - Kimberley Kay Kersey, 17, Vancouver, 11 March 1987

Hi guys, I see there hasn't been posts in some time, but I wanted to let you know we will be covering Kim in an upcoming episode of our podcast Murder in the Rain. I've spoken with former detective Lindsay Schulz (now Lindsay Arnold) and we decided to keep Kim's name out there and hopefully get some new attention to her case.

As I researched, I found this Reddit thread really interesting and I'm definitely wondering if Alvin Brown was looked at for this case. Timeline and the abduction of convenience both fit, not to mention Portland is incredibly close to Vancouver, I do that drive every Sunday even.

What are your thoughts?

I went to the same high school that Kimberley went to(10 years after her), and spent my whole childhood in the area. I have never heard anything about this. Hopefully someone knows something.
I know the area was much less populated in 1987. There was the small airport, fields and woods nearby.

Hi guys, I see there hasn't been posts in some time, but I wanted to let you know we will be covering Kim in an upcoming episode of our podcast Murder in the Rain. I've spoken with former detective Lindsay Schulz (now Lindsay Arnold) and we decided to keep Kim's name out there and hopefully get some new attention to her case.

As I researched, I found this Reddit thread really interesting and I'm definitely wondering if Alvin Brown was looked at for this case. Timeline and the abduction of convenience both fit, not to mention Portland is incredibly close to Vancouver, I do that drive every Sunday even.

What are your thoughts?

I just listened to this episode. I’m glad you are bringing some attention to this case.

Welcome to Ws JustinW and Murder in the Rain!
Kimberley Kay Kersey – The Charley Project
Kimberley Kay Kersey
  • kimberley_kay_kersey_1.jpg
  • kimberley_kay_kersey_2.jpg
  • kersey_kimberly3.jpg
  • kimberley_kay_kersey_3.jpg
Kersey, circa 1987; Age-progression to age 44 (circa 2012)

• Missing Since 03/11/1987
  • Missing From Vancouver, Washington
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 12/15/1968 (51)
  • Age 18 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'2, 105 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A white sweatshirt with the words "University of Paris" in blue, pink and yellow print, a pink turtleneck, light blue jeans and white Keds sneakers.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Kersey's ears are pierced. Some agencies spell her name "Kimberly." She wore an upper dental retainer at the time of her disappearance.
Details of Disappearance
Kersey was last seen walking in the Hearthwood Boulevard area of Vancouver, Washington on March 11, 1987, while on her way home from Mountain View High School, where she was a senior.

Her residence was two miles away in the 13600 block of northeast 18th Street, and her typical route was to walk north across Mill Plain Boulevard, just east of Evergreen Airport. She did not always walk home; sometimes she caught a ride with her father or with a friend.

Kersey had plans attend a basketball tournament in Tacoma, Washington with her boyfriend after school. She never arrived home. The day after her disappearance, Kersey's schoolbooks and papers were found in a wooded area not far from her home. She has never been heard from again.

Authorities have two main suspects in Kersey's disappearance: Russell Francis Stenger, who is currently serving a life sentence for the murder of a woman who disappeared while on a walk not far from where Kersey was last seen, and an unidentified man who used to live two blocks from Kersey's home and who has a record for child molestation. The man has since left the state.

Investigators continue to pursue leads in Kersey's case; they strongly suspect foul play precipitated her disappearance. Kersey lived with her mother and two siblings in 1987; her parents were divorced, and her father lived nearby.

Kersey's case is unsolved. Her mother died in 1996, but her father and younger sister are still alive and hope for answers in her disappearance.

Kimberely's NamUs profile was modified on 6/1/22.

She currently has 15 rule outs/exclusions (Lucas OH listed twice)
UP2224
09/19/1990
Orange
NC

UP9970
04/13/1992
Sheridan
WY

UP8419
01/16/2001
Isle of Wight
VA

UP10799
02/24/1980
Clark
WA

UP12683
06/06/2014
Newport News
VA

UP6661
02/03/1991
Stafford
VA

UP9978
10/13/2010
Pierce
WA

UP10671
06/01/2003
Hood River
OR

UP4778
06/16/1987
Lucas
OH

UP4778
06/16/1987
Lucas
OH

UP7660
08/30/1987
Orange
CA

UP6629
02/03/1991
Frederick
VA

UP8493
12/06/1993
Fairfax
VA

UP1567
06/01/1987
Knox
TN

UP8642
03/30/2011
Fulton
GA

Kimberly's NamUs profile was modified on 8/19/22
Another rule out/exclusion was added. (pictured and listed below)
She currently has 16 rule outs
1661167077989.png
Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP11087
Date Body Found May 15, 1989
State AZ
County Moha

Kimberly's NamUs profile was modified today, 9/13/22
Another exlusion/ruleout was added
Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP88637
Date Body Found January 07, 2022
State WA
County Pierce

She currently has 17 ruleouts listed

Bumping for Kim.
I am a new poster. Long time lurker. Kim babysat me as a child and I was friends with her sister.

I still think about her all the time. She walked by my house the day she vanished.
That makes me sad that she babysat you. Do you hear of any updates in your area about her disappearance?

1677591136918.png

''Disappeared​

March 11, 1987

Missing for​

35 years

Location​

Vancouver, Washington

Age​

Age now​

Race​

White

Sex​

Female

Height​

5'2

Weight​

105 pounds

Classification​

Suspected homicide

''Kimberley Kay Kersey was a young woman believed to have been murdered in 1987 in Washington. Two suspects have since been named, although no conviction has been made. She was a senior in high school at the time she disappeared.

Characteristics​

• Blonde hair.
  • Blue eyes.
  • Pierced ears.
  • Wore an upper dental retainer.

Clothing and accessories​

• A white sweatshirt with "University of Paris" written in pink, blue and yellow print.
  • A pink turtleneck.
  • Light blue jeans.
  • White "Keds" sneakers''

Unfortunately something like this will never be solved. If it was those two guys, they have no reason to confess, and without a body, the police have no real evidence... As unlikely as it was, he could have gotten away. She may have gone missing and there may have been no foul play... She may have been taken by someone who had no relation to the two suspects...
the woods where his items were found were very small...impossible to get lost in them for more than 20 minutes, even if you walked in circles... It was near a well-known place where people "hang out" for a while. I believe that area was completely cleared for housing and commercial properties in the years since and nothing was found. Without a doubt they kidnapped her. There were 2 suspects in the area but no evidence has ever been found...
either way
rest in peace

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA