WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh I know the areas where it was felt- I think because I lived in CA i just don't notice these small quakes even when they are only a few miles away- (yesterdays bump was not felt as far north as others have) so it is a running family joke- heck when we had the Nisqually quake I called my mom saying we were having a quake "for Real" (I confess even with quakes i was use to in CA paled in compairison to that one- scared the dickens out of me)

I always find it intriguing and a bit amazing that in most of these sad case the remains are found due to changes in the elements- floods,tides,heat all have led to discoveries- got me thinking when they were talking about the quake fairly close to McCleary that make Mother Nature/God are getting ready to reveal the secret.

(i am on Flexeril so if i make no sense at all I claim that as the reason.)

Originally Posted by kageykaren
"Sand Creek Pond"??? Sat. posters were discussing Foreman Rd. & Old Sandy Creek Rd. as being near the home that was being searched. This home is right at or so near the bend in the rd. that connects to Old Sandy Creek Rd. which takes you about 3/4 quarters of a mile to a mile to SANDY CREEK ROAD! (not yelling)!!! This reminded me of JVK's post above from around 10 days after Lindsey went missing. Sure wish we knew then to look at this pond! I don't like that site but went and saw the psychic reading saying the amount of yards into miles where Lindsey would be found. So JVK do you remember who passed this URL to you? I went and read the Lindsey site but could not find where they told you in a round about way if Sandy Creek has been searched. It is hard to navigate so I probably missed. Thanks if you can link the question asked of you. This area at this point seems to be important to many including Brians dreams thread. It has been reported that someone set fire to a car at Sandy Creek Pond last night which prompted me to look at this Sandy creek Pond alittle closer. Just wished I would have sooner. I wonder if there is other information from that site that would state why this area need to be searchhed so early on. JVK, were you able to get pics of Sandy Creek Pond as I could use a visual. My eyes are crosseyed LOL! Thanks for the help. Don't want to send out the mounty to drain a pond if not necessary. Not that I have any authority in that! If I did I'd have every water hole, pumped.

i want to know this as well......what crime scene???

I think that was a generic-covering-all-bases kind of thing.

Meaning if (when) they come across a crime scene they can test tire tracks without having to get another search warrant for the car or risking the chance of the car being sold, tires being replaced.. etc. MOO

This is why I want to see the SW. Most judges won't sign off on a broad search warrant, too much room for a defense attorney to argue the items weren't covered constitutionally or that there was too much leeway. If they successfully argue that there was too much leeway, every single piece of tangible evidence can thrown out and there would be no case...if we ever get to that point.

This is why I want to see the SW. Most judges won't sign off on a broad search warrant, too much room for a defense attorney to argue the items weren't covered constitutionally or that there was too much leeway. If they successfully argue that there was too much leeway, every single piece of tangible evidence can thrown out and there would be no case...if we ever get to that point.

Hi NMK - My take on the warrant is that it was vague and written so if LE needed to take the very wood that held the house together, they could. Just my reading. IMO, it was very broad spectrum.

Hey cyber.. long time no see.

I was thinking about you yesterday wondering if you were working hard. Glad to see you here :)

Oh, he was working hard OK..I saw a lot of lying around, even took a pic.:Banane39:

...but they did put a nice roof on the garage....

DD

I'm so happy to see more locals checking in with us! :grouphug:

Be sure to visit the new thread dedicated to all of you! :blowkiss:

"Sand Creek Pond"??? Sat. posters were discussing Foreman Rd. & Old Sandy Creek Rd. as being near the home that was being searched. This home is right at or so near the bend in the rd. that connects to Old Sandy Creek Rd. which takes you about 3/4 quarters of a mile to a mile to SANDY CREEK ROAD! (not yelling)!!! This reminded me of JVK's post above from around 10 days after Lindsey went missing. Sure wish we knew then to look at this pond! I don't like that site but went and saw the psychic reading saying the amount of yards into miles where Lindsey would be found. So JVK do you remember who passed this URL to you? I went and read the Lindsey site but could not find where they told you in a round about way if Sandy Creek has been searched. It is hard to navigate so I probably missed. Thanks if you can link the question asked of you. This area at this point seems to be important to many including Brians dreams thread. It has been reported that someone set fire to a car at Sandy Creek Pond last night which prompted me to look at this Sandy creek Pond alittle closer. Just wished I would have sooner. I wonder if there is other information from that site that would state why this area need to be searchhed so early on. JVK, were you able to get pics of Sandy Creek Pond as I could use a visual. My eyes are crosseyed LOL! Thanks for the help. Don't want to send out the mounty to drain a pond if not necessary. Not that I have any authority in that! If I did I'd have every water hole, pumped.

I wouldn't know as the chief only said smoke to me. Jen O called as well. The car that waas taken in the search & seizure & returned home didn't seem to match the account the girls gave to KayKay and KayKay passed to JVK when he was investigating on foot. According to post the car seemed to be described as a station wagon with round headlights. The post describing the car and theories can be found on thread 8 of the Lindsey missing forum. My notes are scattered but give this a go and I think the car with the men in it (girls were afraid) was described as a Ford Tauras type station wagon. Post 135, #181 is "DogMom2Joe&Willie" poster asking about this car, #186, and possibly #77. These are all the post concerning the car that I have. ~<3~

Hi Jen!

Thanks. My summer has flown by. I wasted it on a programming project and I had a lot of outside stuff I was supposed to do (honey do list). The project went into overtime and pushed back my list of stuff. Then my daughter got sick and I caught her bug. We also have some friends that had a new baby, so we went to visit them one weekend.

My brother grabbed me last week to help him with his roof, which we worked 2 days on and didn't get finished. So I got it from the wife. She says, you have your own things to do and you are helping with his roof? So I explained it was a weather related thing and needed to be done asap. I haven't told her I need to go back and help with the flashing this weekend. I may be headed for divorce court soon. :croc: How's it going with you? :)

Your wife is blessed to have a husband like you. There are many women out there who have a spouse who refuses to anything around the house because they "bring in a paycheck"--then there are women who are beaten, abandoned, etc. I can tell you love your wife a lot and not only that, you have a tremendous capacity to care for other people, i.e. Lindsey and your neighbor who needed the roof done.

Does anyone know what kind of a car was burned? Kind of a suspicious time to be burning a car I would think.

I'v been asking if there were photos of Sandy Creek Pond but I don't think any exist. When I heard of a possible car being burned it seemed like the only info released was the smoke. Time for a walkabout!

Warrants are tricky things.
For instance: I have been privy to two different warrants that were served on two different meth labs. One was so specific, they could have found a dismembered body and I'm not sure that they could have done anything about it. it named off the chemicals, such as benzene, phylene, alternative heat sources, such as Bunsen burners...so on. The other simply stated "any chemicals or hardware known to be used in the manufacture of methamphetamine."
Different judges.
Although I wouldn't be surprised to see broad search warrants in this one. The warrant when they were searching for my niece a few years ago was very broad, (served on her father.) it called for any evidence that a child under the age of 13 was living in the residence, clothing of hers, DVD's, CD's. video tapes, cameras, film, day planners/calendars, computers, computer printouts, and any further items of potential evidentiary value, at the officer's discretion.
I think it all depends on the type of case, the officer writing it and the judge signing on it.

IIRC, Sand Creek Pond was searched mostly from the air because it's an extremely shallow pond area, and you can see to the bottom. There were pictures of it from the air (I believe) on the picture page by...MikeB I believe? You'll have to forgive my uncertain beliefs as I just returned from a 2 day camping field trip in the Olympics and haven't even taken time to dry off before I logged on here to see if there was anything new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CAGmommy