WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm confused Kimster - but unless the person actually told us he/she was a POI, how would we know who that person really is? People can be whomever they wish on a blog - a POI or an uncle of the POI...What am I missing? How does anyone know someone in the family is posting? Did they say so? TIA

We' re just saying that in case when the info comes out, someone might think they were a member here.

A person on another blog posted the person's first and last name (with their permission) and the name this person goes by on crime boards. They stated this family is being framed.

A person on another blog posted the person's first and last name (with their permission) and the name this person goes by on crime boards. They stated this family is being framed.

If they wanted to do that here, it must go through Tricia so she can verify they are who they say they are.

I think we can drop this now before Animal tells us to cut it out. :crazy:

Hmmmm That must be a new rule as PM's are private and not even accessible by Admin! But yes, we need to abide with the rules.
I was even thrown by this one. :waitasec: I guess it makes sense not to rip other posters to shreds behind their backs.

Hi ckwoo32: I thought the person came under suspicion when he answered a question with two different answers. The one thing LE looks for is inconsistencies in answers, and if that's what happened, that's isn't framing - that's LE land..that's what LE does. They ask the same questions with different wording so as to elicit contradictory statements. Wonder if the other site has an explanation for that. mho

Hmmmm That must be a new rule as PM's are private and not even accessible by Admin! But yes, we need to abide with the rules.

It's not a new rule. (Believe me, if you out a poster in a PM, and the person you PM'd forwards that to a mod, all hell will break loose!)
However, the PM's aren't moderated and are private. So, I'm sure we're all in our best behavior there. :angel:

From the Rules and Etiquette thread -- "ALL of the general rules listed in this forum apply to the Private Messaging system, especially soliciting, advertising and sexually related PM’s. Violating any of these rules in the PM system will result in immediate removal from the community."http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2959057#post2959057

Hi ckwoo32: I thought the person came under suspicion when he answered a question with two different answers. The one thing LE looks for is inconsistencies in answers, and if that's what happened, that's isn't framing - that's LE land..that's what LE does. They ask the same questions with different wording so as to elicit contradictory statements. Wonder if the other site has an explanation for that. mho
Oh I totally agree with you! This is just what another owner of a crime site stated.

Scandi "Good Morning Animal, A quick question besides it is good to see you.

Now that a link has stated the 23 yr from the family whose homes were searched over the weekend is a POI in Lindsey's case, is it appropriate or within TOS to start sleuthing him? He just hasn't been mentioned by name in the media, and that is my concern. The SW's are suppose to be released on Thursday where his name will most lilkely be included.

It seems in any other case he would be fair game at this point. xox"

Had to copy and paste as I did not see this before other thread was closed. I really think we need to wait until he is named to post info. However I know how good you guys are at finding info, so I'm sure you will be sleuthing away even if you cannot post it yet.

One thing I find odd already is the immediate public defensiveness of the family whos home was searched. Statements of suing and so forth are a little hinky to me as testing has not been completed yet on the items taken. I just find this odd...
MOO of course

One thing I find odd already is the immediate public defensiveness of the family whos home was searched. Statements of suing and so forth are a little hinky to me as testing has not been completed yet on the items taken. I just find this odd...
MOO of course

Me too. I asked yesterday if anyone ever heard of this before and no one had. I think it is odd as well!

O/T Newsbreak!

Man Who Buried Jessica Lunsford Alive Has Died
Official say John Couey, who buried 9-year-old Jessica Lunsford alive, has died.

Oh I totally agree with you! This is just what another owner of a crime site stated.

I'll have to go and look at the other crime site. Maybe it is framing, however the contradictory statements is what started this (according to the family). mho. Somehow I get the feeling the Baum family isn't liked very much either.

There is only one other case I recall where the defense started immediately before things were really released and it starts with an A and ends with a Y. We can see how well things are working out for them in that case, huh?

It would have been advisable for the family to do what LE asked and let them do the search without complaints to the public. "Thou doth protest too much" comes to mind. ;)

I can't help but ask: How does a 23yo son, who has one misdemeanor in 2006 for possession/consumption...jump to a crime scene of kidnapping/possible murder..with no witneses or evidence? And what and the heck would the motive be? Something doesn't fit for me...if this young person is the perp - I don't get it! mho

I can't help but ask: How does a 23yo son, who has one misdemeanor in 2006 for possession/consumption...jump to a crime scene of kidnapping/possible murder..with no witneses or evidence? And what would and the heck would the motive be? Something doesn't fit for me...if this young person is the perp - I don't get it! mho

How do you know there is no evidence?

How do you know there is no evidence?

Hi Recovering-Lurker: Sorry, I wasn't very clear. No evidence at the crime scene and no witneses. Or, maybe there was evidence and it was overlooked. For three months there has been nothing on this case. He may very well be the perp but either he has gone undetected prior to this, has sealed juvi records, or escalated quickly to perpetrate a very serious crime. mho

I can't help but ask: How does a 23yo son, who has one misdemeanor in 2006 for possession/consumption...jump to a crime scene of kidnapping/possible murder..with no witneses or evidence? And what would and the heck would the motive be? Something doesn't fit for me...if this young person is the perp - I don't get it! mho

I don't know if this POI is guilty or not. That's up to the judge and jury if it's ever taken that far.

But they have to start somewhere, right? I mean every SO, bank robber, murderer, criminal in general has to have a first offense.

Or it was not unusal for this person to be in that area at that time, so nobody thought anything about seeing this person or car...
Thinking out loud here...lol (You may not want to listen :crazy:)

I can't help but ask: How does a 23yo son, who has one misdemeanor in 2006 for possession/consumption...jump to a crime scene of kidnapping/possible murder..with no witneses or evidence? And what and the heck would the motive be? Something doesn't fit for me...if this young person is the perp - I don't get it! mho

There are all kinds of murderers/rapists/kidnappers that hadn't been in trouble with the law before and who leave little evidence -- especially during the time when no one knows where the crime scene exactly is. Like SS, I think that in this case there was probably a murder to cover up a sexual assault. It really isn't unusual at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg