WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Child luring attempt reported from Aberdeen, WA, I don't yet see exact date this incident happened:

http://kbkw.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=2653

Aberdeen, WA - Police are investigating a reported child luring incident that occurred near Robert Gray Elementary in Aberdeen. Police Captain John Green tells us an 8 year old reported that she was approached by a man who asked her if she would like to go with him somewhere. When the girl refused the man reportedly tried to grab the girl's arm, the child then ran away and caught up with her older sister, both ran the remaining five blocks to school and reported the incident to the school principal. Aberdeen police are looking for a suspect described as having a gray beard and facial hair, wearing a black stocking cap and black sweater and blue jeans.

If anyone has information on this incident they are asked to call the Aberdeen Police Department at 360-533-3180 or the tip line at 360-538-4450.

Edit:
happened 9 a.m. today near First and B streets. Any info call: 533-3180. From The Daily World

Just celebrating my daughters 13th birthday today...

Thinking of you little one...

In the weeks prior to her dissappearence did Lindsey take an interest in any music groups or figures that would have been popular before her time? Just an off the wall thought.

In the weeks prior to her dissappearence did Lindsey take an interest in any music groups or figures that would have been popular before her time? Just an off the wall thought.

Why do you ask?

Just curious.Was she socializing recently with any older than her peer age person/people?Trying to impress or fit in with.The fight with her brother and bicycle problem could have been a delaying tactic to get rid of brother.Planning to meet someone? Just brainstorming.

Just curious.Was she socializing recently with any older than her peer age person/people?Trying to impress or fit in with.The fight with her brother and bicycle problem could have been a delaying tactic to get rid of brother.Planning to meet someone? Just brainstorming.
Hi there, I always wondered if Lindsey had a crush on Dale Golder who she most likely knew from the Bumble Bee retirement home. He worked there, she spent some time there as her good friend's mom worked there. I think she turned right onto the street that runs by the BB in cutting over to walk by her friend's house on her way home and wasn't he working that night? I think he saw her and took off driving and pulled her into the car.

There is a rumor that allot of the locals believe he was involved together with a friend of his who had recently moved down from the Centralia/Chehalis area to McCleary. That is just a rumor right now but gosh, I hope we get some news someday soon !!!

Lots of Love to all of you here and always have dear Lindsey on my mind. xox

Of course the spectre of meat delivery man Keith Howell looms large too.
I've heard unconfirmed,he had a route in Mc Cleary.

Is this the suspect/POI in Nancy Moyer's disappearance?

Yep..

I don't think he's involved in Lindseys disappearance. IF he is involved in Nancys disappearance it seems to me that he targeted adult women, not children.

Because this man was last seen in McCleary, and since McCleary population wise is a small place, I want to tuck in his info here too:

Michael C Mitchell has been missing since May 12th. He is 32 yrs old. Born Nov 27 1978. He is 6ft 3 1/2inches, 190lbs, Brown hair, Hazel eyes. Was last seen in McCleary Wa in a truck,the truck is a 1993 Dodge 1 ton dually with a ladder rack and hefty looking front grill with a tow hitch there as well. Greyish blue with a tan color down the middle on the sides.

Please spread the news, and if anyone has seen him please let us know. Also the Pacific County Sheriff's Office (360) 875-9397 or (360) 642-9397 They are handling his case!!!Thank you.

Mitchael%2BC%2BMitchell.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michael-C-Mitchell-missing-person-since-May-12th/176194012434626

http://www.waspc.org/mp/missing.php?wac=11M0008663

On the KXRO Friday radio show Cop Talk May 13 Grays Harbor County Undersheriff Rick Scott said that the TV show Vanished with Beth Holloway would be back in the area soon preparing a future show on Lindsey.

He also said the task force is working as hard as ever to find Lindsey.

Re: Howell, I suspect they have run a time line on him as to if he was in Mc Cleary at that time.Some one in Tenino told me they were looking at him as a potential suspect.
Ted Bundy and others went after adults and children.
It's difficult for me to believe the local yahoo who was/is an early person of interest could foil the FBI and local authorities this long. And Nancy Moyer remains missing as well with no leads since 2009. If Howell would have been successful diposing of Vonda Boone she would be yet another disappeared without a trace female.
Also the young woman from Chehalis Kayla Krofft (I think thats her name) remains missing without a trace since April 2010.

Almost two years now.

Looks like a task force meeting happens again this morning, LE meeting for breakfast prior at restaurant across the street.

Where is Lindsey?

Almost two years now.

Looks like a task force meeting happens again this morning, LE meeting for breakfast prior at restaurant across the street.

Where is Lindsey?

Drat! I was in town yesterday (meet with Mikes brother and mother) and there was nothing going on. Why couldn't they have met yesterday so I could snoop. lol

Yep..

I don't think he's involved in Lindseys disappearance. IF he is involved in Nancys disappearance it seems to me that he targeted adult women, not children.

I almost always agree with this... but I have also been enlightened that many kids are larger than I am now. Even as an adult with children almost Lindsey's age, I am barely larger than her. :innocent:

Nancy is 4'11 and has brown hair and brown eyes.

Lindsey is 4'9 and has brown hair and brown eyes.

That isn't much of a difference in size and then you have the hair/eyes that are close to the same.

I have no idea if they are connected and I doubt they are.

But, in THIS case... one being a child and one being an adult definitely wouldn't be compelling for me to discredit a connection.

On the KXRO Friday radio show Cop Talk May 13 Grays Harbor County Undersheriff Rick Scott said that the TV show Vanished with Beth Holloway would be back in the area soon preparing a future show on Lindsey.

He also said the task force is working as hard as ever to find Lindsey.

I've been away for awhile, but always thinking of Lindsey. Glad to see more publicity is coming on "Vanished". Lindsey's case was the first I followed and though I don't post much, this case was the one that made me start .

Prayers that somthing breaks for Lindsey!:angel:

thinking of you :blowkiss:

Imoho
amaaazing we live in a world where a child can just seemingly drop off the face of the earth

lindsey, honey, where are you?

:>)

One of those feeling like everything's broken days..........:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads