WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow... that just gives me the chills. I am really starting to think some really horrific things happened there. Most likely post-mortem. I really hope they were able to find something there.

That's what I strongly suspect, in light of what I saw of the clearing and what one LE said the day they discovered MC's body: we must find the "monster" who did this. Everytime I think about the clearing, the quoted also comes to mind.

And, yes, I think LE found a lot of stuff there.

I mean, the clearing is so concealed and private the perps could have done whatever they did during the day.

I was actually wondering that...

That would certainly make sense as they would not need any sort of lighting at all if it were done during daylight hours. Wow... This disgusting excuse for a human being needs to be punished for what he has done...

Maybe... it could mean nothing but the fact that it related to crime scenes kinda caught my eye a bit.

My gut tells me you are spot on! Great sleuthing, Intrigued! :detective:

Would be great if someone would draw a sketch and then upload it to this thread, because I've yet to make sense of where everything is, in regards to this new clearing, the stream, the shore, etc.

Hey del welcome back! Sorry you are getting so many questions but I have to ask. You mentioned that the fluorescent red line starts at the old fire pit. I didn't know there was a fire pit there. I wonder if something of significance happened at that fire pit. What do you think?

I think the fluorescent red line ends at that old fire pit. I think it ended there simply because that's where the gravel/dirt also ended and the grass began (i.e., the fire pit is where the drag marks / foot prints / tire markings / or whatever). But, that's just my opinion. The fire pit could mean something else, I don't know. I don't think it's been used in a long time.

Would be great if someone would draw a sketch and then upload it to this thread, because I've yet to make sense of where everything is, in regards to this new clearing, the stream, the shore, etc.

That would be very helpful. Maybe an aerial/birdseye view...

so what time does it get dusky/dark there? Are we assuming that the murder (wherever that might have happened) and the transfer to CB, the clearing of the thicket, the body mutilation and placement all happened before dark? Or does this point to an extra day of preparation?

That's a really good question. I didn't even think about that!

Well, the reason I wonder if because if the clearing was the place where she was killed and/or mutilated, and there is no water within body distance, this would indicate she had been moved after whatever happened there happened.

So is there any water right there or do you not know?

FWIW, I found an article at the Crime Scene Investigators Network website titled "Evidence Collection Guidelines" which details the proper procedures for collecting many different kinds of evidence.

May or may not be helpful in this discussion right now, but it might be interesting information for the sleuthers out there and does provide much insight into how evidence is gathered.

ETA - Just poking around the Crime Scene Investigators Network website one can find much useful information.

so what time does it get dusky/dark there? Are we assuming that the murder (wherever that might have happened) and the transfer to CB, the clearing of the thicket, the body mutilation and placement all happened before dark? Or does this point to an extra day of preparation?

at that time it was getting well into dusk by 6 and dark by 7.

De, how far would you estimate this clearing to be from the nearest water where her feet could have been submerged?

I don't think that I was able to see the entire clearing from the trail head. But from what I did see, the clearing seemed to extend quite a distance to the left (i.e., east). Where the clearing ended on the left (as far as I could see), that would have been very, very close (2 feet or less) to the stream that runs out of the pond. So, it's very possible that the clearing extended all the way to that stream without me being able to see it.

Does anybody want to go for a very short walk?

I'll work on that, but it's going to take me a while because I'm going to have to review arial photos of the property in order to make sure that the layout of the property (not the evidence markers and etc) are fairly accurate. Plus, the layout and design of that property is very complicated.

So, it's going to take me a while to do that--if you want it to be accurate.

I am still not convinced the actual murder took place at CB. I am also not convinced that her body was taken there the day she was killed. I personally do not think this was premeditated murder. I think it was an argument that turned violent. The reason I don’t think all the (rumored) mutilation occurred the same day of her death is because this took some thought. I think the perp "slept on it" so to speak and came up with his best plan of action. If this was premeditated I don’t believe she would have ever been found. However he didn't have a lot of time. I think he did what he did to the body after the fact and had a somewhat good excuse for being away/gone for a few hours. Like Del said, this clearing couldn't be seen from the road. I would imagine he knew this property was his best shot at doing what he had to do and not being seen (CB is dead this time of year and he knew it). Again, all just MO...

I don't think that I was able to see the entire clearing from the trail head. But from what I did see, the clearing seemed to extend quite a distance to the left (i.e., east). Where the clearing ended on the left (as far as I could see), that would have been very, very close (2 feet or less) to the stream that runs out of the pond. So, it's very possible that the clearing extended all the way to that stream without me being able to see it.

Does anybody want to go for a very short walk?

Actually I have wanted to go out to the property however due to some comments I have decided not to. I would like to understand better what is so eerie about the property, other than this horrible crime. I would love to be able to understand all the different locations locals have talked about on here...

I am still not convinced the actual murder took place at CB. I am also not convinced that her body was taken there the day she was killed. I personally do not think this was premeditated murder. I think it was an argument that turned violent. The reason I don’t think all the (rumored) mutilation occurred the same day of her death is because this took some thought. I think the perp "slept on it" so to speak and came up with his best plan of action. If this was premeditated I don’t believe she would have ever been found. However he didn't have a lot of time. I think he did what he did to the body after the fact and had a somewhat good excuse for being away/gone for a few hours. Like Del said, this clearing couldn't be seen from the road. I would imagine he knew this property was his best shot at doing what he had to do and not being seen (CB is dead this time of year and he knew it). Again, all just MO...

I agree with every word you typed.

I also like girlfawkes' idea regarding the tarp. LE could have cut down the brush afterwards in an effort to make sure that no evidence was missed.

Actually I have wanted to go out to the property however due to some comments I have decided not to. I would like to understand better what is so eerie about the property, other than this horrible crime. I would love to be able to understand all the different locations locals have talked about on here...

I'll talk about anything but that.

Del, are we starting to think the body was left in this area, (in the middle of the brush), rather than down by the duck blind and shore? If the stream was nearby to this clearing in the middle of the brush, that could explain "feet in water".

Since this brush is the sticker-kind, the trail was likely made wider and maybe the entire clearing because LE took everything that could have stuck the suspects and left behind DNA.

Del Rio, wonder when they are gonna ask you for a cheek swab??? ;)

I'll talk about anything but that.

but Del if there is something you find so eerie on the property, why choose that location to duck hunt in the first place? Also, why go through all the trouble of building such an awesome duck blind but only go out and use it one time??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member