WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am kind of confused. If you have information or have heard rumors that you cannot or will not reveal, why bring them up? I don't understand. Do you want us to try to guess or perhaps you are saying we are on the right track?

Ok, just to clear something up in my mind... the RUMOR is that police HAVE the actual tools they believe to have caused the injuries? Or the police have identified exactly what kind of tools were used, but do not have the actual murder weapons?

Rumor was, they actually have the weapons... which my thought would be ..(previous rumored) checked stores if they recently carried/sold items, maybe they were newer and not previously well used tools ????

Question, I know what a ball peen hammer looks like but what is it commonly used for!

Not much, these days. Used to be mostly for metalwork.

It's used in automotive shops the most, I'd guess. We use ours when working on vehicles.

Also used in carpentry for chiselwork, but second to the ordinary clawhammer.

Pufnstuf

Your pictures of the home at CB and the children in the water do indeed look like they could be the same place. It is not true that there are no trees at CB, the direction the picture is taken in both pics is toward the golf course, the river side of which is heavily forested with poplar trees.

Question, I know what a ball peen hammer looks like but what is it commonly used for!

A ball peen hammer is not commonly used. It might be used by a machinist or mechanic. It is not typical of a construction sight IMO.

ball peen hammer

roofing hammer

These are totally different hammers. The ball peen hammer head has a flat end and a rounded end. The roofing hammer head has a flat end (usually with a waffle-like pattern on it) and an end strongly resembling a hatchet.

The ball peen hammer is frequently used for metal work or autobody work and the roofing hammer is used for both pounding roofing nails and cutting/trimming shingles.

Pufnstuf

Your pictures of the home at CB and the children in the water do indeed look like they could be the same place. It is not true that there are no trees at CB, the direction the picture is taken in both pics is toward the golf course, the river side of which is heavily forested with poplar trees.

Thanks, Imamom...

I don't know what to do with the photos... I have read that LE regularly monitors comments at WW and even here at WS. If it's the same place, then let's just hope that LE saw the photos and the notation of where the photo was found.

Anyone who feels that the photos are similar enough to send to the task force has my blessing to send them.

I am kind of confused. If you have information or have heard rumors that you cannot or will not reveal, why bring them up? I don't understand. Do you want us to try to guess or perhaps you are saying we are on the right track?

So sorry I am new to posting and have always just been here to read, but getting just as frustrated as everyone, I wanted to bring up something that I
had heard wishing it was mentioned before...No not a guessing game, just do not want to hurt the case, just wanted to know if was a well known rumor..I also have another question, does anyone know if MC wore any rings??? IF so what hand?? NOT a guessing game, just a question

It seems it's been hinted that LE has the actual tools. If we assume this RUMOR is correct, how would LE know they had been used in the murder -- DNA/blood residue from MC, right?

Unless these tools were purchased new just for this crime, and the suspect made sure to never leave his prints or DNA on them, they must have been taken out of someone's tool box/job box? Whose? From what location had they been stored before the murder? And did this person always leave his tools available to others, or is that just what he is now claiming, (i.e. anyone could have picked them up)?

So sorry I am new to posting and have always just been here to read, but getting just as frustrated as everyone, I wanted to bring up something that I
had heard wishing it was mentioned before...No not a guessing game, just do not want to hurt the case, just wanted to know if was a well known rumor..I also have another question, does anyone know if MC wore any rings??? IF so what hand?? NOT a guessing game, just a question

Well, she is shown in her Senior pictures wearing rings on her hands -- so anyone could make a fairly accurate statement about what hand(s) she wore rings on.

I don't believe this question is really unique, based on photos that are widely available. KWIM? (Know What I Mean ;) )

Thanks, Imamom...

I don't know what to do with the photos... I have read that LE regularly monitors comments at WW and even here at WS. If it's the same place, then let's just hope that LE saw the photos and the notation of where the photo was found.

Anyone who feels that the photos are similar enough to send to the task force has my blessing to send them.

Respectfully, I have spent many, many, many years on that body of water. And have had business dealings at CB for the past 3 years. I am positive that is not a photo of CB or anywhere up or down the Columbia River for at least 50 miles.

My thoughts and MOO.

If a hammer of any sort were used for the blunt force trauma, then strangulation came second. My reason is, because if you grabbed someones neck in a rage, you would not likely have a hammer laying in reach. Unless you were wearing a tool belt or were in a work shop.

BBM

I'm confused, Miss Maple, all records available -- that I have found, from several sources -- indicate that TMS is the FIRST wife of JF, not second?

Can you clarify my confusion?

I can only clarify so far that I know that he is currently on his third marriage. I don't know what records you are looking at, nor do I know where to find any that would confirm this but I can tell you that I am a relative of his current wife. So it's up to you whether you'd like to take my word for it :)

waitin....#66 quote this thread does not seem to show up???
yes you are right, so frustrating!!!

I know several "rumors" that I feel I just can't share, yet, either. maybe they are the same youguys have heard?

I, too, have heard several from various sources. And as before, about half prove out thru time when LE or media releases info.

RUMORS

I've heard the same rumors about tool types. Had not heard about anyone finding evidence. But if this is so- great! It will likely be one more piece of the puzzle LE has to nail the person who did this.

My thoughts and MOO.

If a hammer of any sort were used for the blunt force trauma, then strangulation came second. My reason is, because if you grabbed someones neck in a rage, you would not likely have a hammer laying in reach. Unless you were wearing a tool belt or were in a work shop.

Or...in your truck, where many people keep their tools.

I know many people who have common tools in their trucks.

Depending on the organizational inclinations of the individual, they could be on seat/floorboards, behind seat in a tool box, or in a tool box in the bed.

ball peen hammer

roofing hammer

These are totally different hammers. The ball peen hammer head has a flat end and a rounded end. The roofing hammer head has a flat end (usually with a waffle-like pattern on it) and an end strongly resembling a hatchet.

The ball peen hammer is frequently used for metal work or autobody work and the roofing hammer is used for both pounding roofing nails and cutting/trimming shingles.

What about a hammer used by framers - isn't it distinctive and rather large?

Perhaps this is obvious, but it seems to me that the stabbing would likely occur last in the process. Killer likely would not manually strangle a neck that had already been severely wounded. Maybe?

Possibly a Ripping hamer?
It looks like a framing hammer. I tried to copy/paste a photo, but could not close the deal... sorry

Perhaps this is obvious, but it seems to me that the stabbing would likely occur last in the process. Killer likely would not manually strangle a neck that had already been severely wounded. Maybe?

Yup, neck wound I would think last too... but which came first... I don't see ball peen as a first strike weapon, (I would want something much larger), but than if the only other choice was manual strangulation*** I might think a ball peen was used first.

*** Knowing what I know of a victim's response to being strangled, which can create an amazing adrenalin dump, making victim 10+ times stronger than normal, no sane person would do manual strangulation as a first strike. Maybe suspect didn't expect this reaction and that was why hammer had to be used... but if victim is fighting back how do you get close enough to use hammer - so maybe it was used first?

Either this was badly planned and poorly executed, or this is back to a heat of the moment type attack. Going to ponder for awhile...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid