WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt that.... Honestly. There is a tendency to believe that LE has access to everything and believe me that is not a true statement. LE has one arm tied behind there back on all these investigations.

Yes, 'knows everyone here' is a stretch, but not entirely impossible.

Depending on what is being posted (knowledge beyond public dissemination) and by whom, LE can submit for a warrant to ping trace to a source, whether that be through to a proxy (typically off-shore, out of jurisdiction, anonymous) or through to the originating ISP / customer's modem / then-assigned DHCP (or in some cases, static) address.

Of course, such procedures are very tedious and time consuming. If LE does not use adequate software and expertise, perusing I.P. addresses in web server and router logs eats up many hours. LE also would have to submit for a warrant to the suspect's ISP, and possibly for intermediate carriers or servers, depending on routing. In some cases a warrant is immediately useless if the targeted communications route through particular off-shore servers.

Someone asked me for a list of all the initials for people in this case... anyone care to repost that? I don't have it. TIA!

The following is a repost of what I put together all the way back on the first page of thread #10. Is this what you mean? Also, it may be incomplete, but it's a start.

---------------------- (snipped from Thread #10)

List of initials commonly used in these threads (so far). Just thought I'd compile this information in one place to make it easier on people new to these threads or just catching up.

MC = Mackenzie
WC = MC's mom
RC = MC's dad
JF - Mom bf/ex?
JV - MC's bf/ex bf?

PC (PCR) = Pitcher Canyon Road - where MC's car was found
CB = Crescent Bar - where MC's body was found

LE = law enforcement
POI = person of interest
WW = Wenatchee World newspaper
COD = cause of death

Other initials/acronyms:
bf = boyfriend
ETA = edited to add
BBM = bolded by me
S&BBM = snipped and bolded by me
IIRC = if I recall correctly
FWIW = for what it's worth
KWIM = know what I mean?

MOO = my opinion only
IMO = in my opinion
IMHO = in my humble opinion
JMHO = just my humble opinion

Here's a link to a thread that may help with other acronymns used at Websleuths.

I would think it might also be desirable to polygraph potential witnesses for the sake of credibility, but I do not know if that is something that is actually done.

FWIW a few weeks ago I spoke with a young man, whom stated that he had worked for JF in the past, for quite awhile actually, and he stated that he took a poly to confirm his statements....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname