WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
puf, you didn't include the stuff I sent you about LE. Should I re-send it?

I must have missed this, too! Chief Jerry Moore (CCSO) did an interview on Feb 13th, the day she was found, and stated the body was Mackenzie Cowell.
I remember reading in the WW that it would be a couple days before the body was positively identified. Looks like the WW was scooped by GLC, in this instance, too!

Sat Feb 13th 2010
Seventeen Year Old MacKenzie Cowell Found Dead Saturday.
How and Why Remains a Mystery.
Exhausitve Searches Over - Investigations Begin
MacKenzie Cowell death now considered a Homicide.

The body of 17 Year Old MacKenize Cowell of Orondo has been found near Crescent Bar in Douglas County. Early information is absent any indication of where or how she was found, other than to say she was found fully clothed on the edge of the Columbia River near Crescent Bar, with her feet in the water.

There is a podcast, too:
http://www.golakechelan.com/?name=News&file=print&sid=10277

Actually the WW had it up in red breaking news that it was MC on the day she went missing. It was changed within an hour to say they did not know and would need a couple of days to see. They changed many things they were printing quite quickly. I believe this was due to Chelan County vs. Douglas Co all working together but not together at that time.

What's NBKS, puf?

Actually the WW had it up in red breaking news that it was MC on the day she went missing. It was changed within an hour to say they did not know and would need a couple of days to see. They changed many things they were printing quite quickly. I believe this was due to Chelan County vs. Douglas Co all working together but not together at that time.

Thanks, greencross. Missed that. I was probably preoccupied reading right here at WS!

Puf- maybe this will be easier:

According to JV:
MC texted JV at 2:45 "hey."
JV texted MC when off work at 4:15, "hey, wassup." It wasn't received. He also called and it went straight to voicemail, indicating to him that her phone was turned off at this time, which was very unusual for her to do.

Hey Puf, we missed you! Please edit the part next to JV's name that says they broke up recently since you specifically say confirmed info, no rumors. The Tacoma guy was a pretty loose rumor and I heard first-hand from JV that they broke up & got back together 8 months ago, not recently.

Also, if you could please somehow add the communication timeline I posted about JV & MC on the day she went missing, that would be very helpful. There has been a lot of questions and confusion about who texted who and when. Maybe you could italicize it and put it right under what you have already? Then people could access it easily.

Thanks and Happy Easter to you as well!

ETA: Here is that timeline:

The last time JV heard from MC the day of her disappearance was 2:45 and that was when she texted "hey."

He was at work still so when he got off, he texted her back "hey, wassup" at around 4:15. This is when he got it sent back saying it wasn't received, or however that message words it. I have Verizon too and I've had this kind of thing happen once in awhile if I was in an area with no service & the message wouldn't go out, or if the person I was texting was in a no-service area.

He said he tried calling her multiple times after that and it went straight to voicemail, which made him think the phone was turned off.

IDK if those times on 2/9 should be added to the timeline. The ones there now are only the ones reported by LE in the WW. We could also list what another WS'er said, that she was at the car wash at 4 with another guy. JMO.

puf or anyone?

Maybe the date and time of this could be added to the timeline: BC - guy from Tacoma on whose FB page MC posted "mmmm u look good! sorry for everything."

What date and time was that put on her FB page?

IDK if those times on 2/9 should be added to the timeline. The ones there now are only the ones reported by LE in the WW. [respectfully snipped] JMO.

I have to say, I tend to agree with you, No More.

After all, according to Melissa's convos with JV, he has been interviewed and poly'd but LE has not come out and made changes regarding significant "times" previously reported by them. Even though I think LE "might" be doing some misleading, with regards to this case - I think we need to keep 'facts' as 'facts' and not go on heresay, even from someone involved.

Melissa, maybe you could post an 'alternate timeline' based on facts reported by JV? Just a thought ...

They never said who's they were. Just that their was one set leading from the car.

Yes. From the car to the asphalt. I can't remember: were k9s deployed at her car location?

puf or anyone?

Maybe the date and time of this could be added to the timeline: BC - guy from Tacoma on whose FB page MC posted "mmmm u look good! sorry for everything."

What date and time was that put on her FB page?

Jan 26, IIRC.

Yes. From the car to the asphalt. I can't remember: were k9s deployed at her car location?

I'm pretty sure they were.
Found nothing, IIRC.

puf, you didn't include the stuff I sent you about LE. Should I re-send it?

Liz, no... you don't have to resend. I've just been crazy busy. This whole week has flown by. Will go do it right now.

Thank goodness I didn't lose this post that I tried to submit on the last thread. That would've made me :mad: !!

I'm jumping in here and hope I'm not interrupting any great ongoing convos. Forget that... new thread. :)

I haven't been following much today, but something I read (and posted) yesterday has really gotten my curiosity piqued. I know there are some great minds amongst us and I'm hoping one of you can answer this for me.

Paragraph snipped from article at GLC.com:

Since the discovery of the body on Saturday afternoon, the lead role in the investigation moved from the Chelan County Sheriff's Office to Douglas County Sheriff's Office although the efforts of many agencies of law enforcement continues as the story began with an abandoned vehicle in Pitcher Canyon in Chelan County, and a nearly instant decision by Chelan County Sheriff Mike Harum to organize a high power task force to orchestrate an all out search and investigation in the circumstances of MacKenzie Cowell's disappearance.

Can anyone tell me *why* you think the sheriff made such an instantaneous decision to form this "high power task force"? What was it about an "abandoned vehicle" and "a missing teen", that caused the sheriff to make such a decision, almost instantly?

Am I missing something? :waitasec:

Locals ... is this normal procedure for the Chelan County Sheriff?

I am beginning to think that there was evidence of a struggle in the car either in the carwash or the spec house garage or somewhere out of sight to get MC's phone and to gain control of her either through threat with a weapon or by hitting her on the head. I think that is what would make the sheriff move move move. Either that or he is up for re-election.......:waitasec:

Oops... sorry. Natural Born Killers. Yeah, I'm a gore flick fanatic. :/

Then you should google the oldest cold case in Iowa. I ran across it today while sleuthing some tangent in Iowa. Scary!

IDK if those times on 2/9 should be added to the timeline. The ones there now are only the ones reported by LE in the WW. We could also list what another WS'er said, that she was at the car wash at 4 with another guy. JMO.

I have to say, I tend to agree with you, No More.

After all, according to Melissa's convos with JV, he has been interviewed and poly'd but LE has not come out and made changes regarding significant "times" previously reported by them. Even though I think LE "might" be doing some misleading, with regards to this case - I think we need to keep 'facts' as 'facts' and not go on heresay, even from someone involved.

Melissa, maybe you could post an 'alternate timeline' based on facts reported by JV? Just a thought ...

Okay, I think I'm going to say goodnight now. :confused:

Yes, thanks, I can only imagine. But in Wenatchee---surely not that many people were claiming to have had MC visit their place of business that afternoon...? Maybe the power of suggestion would result in lots of calls, though, IDK.

Gosh, Wow, That being said..... I have struggled so much with this.. The very day MC went missing, I thought she could have been standing right in front of me where I work....the afternoon, on that day....the looks, the height (someone, what was her exact height please!), the smile. I still see today, and wonder... The weight, and no obvious hair tint other than brown, was why I pass it off.., also This gal seemed to be at the very least, 135lbs. I still can see this gal vividly standing in front of me.. Had to share, been buggen me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonleblanc061975@gmail.