WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. Thank you. So, could you ask if anyone else could have had access to his vehicle while he was at work? Is where he parks while working a place that Target security cameras would cover? Did MC have keys for it or ever like to borrow it? (Just thinking if she was trying to impress someone for a first-time meet at Sharis, she might not want to be driving her ).

Yes, I realize this is a stretch -- the vehicle has to get back to Target within an hour so as not to be noticed when JV gets off work and if something happened to MC how did the vehicle make it back??? Just grasping...

If no one could have had access to JV's vehicle, does he know of anyone that has the same, (almost exact), vehicle as his? Maybe just something he noticed around town, (or sometimes owners even like to meet?).

Someone stated earlier about a friend of JF having one that was same, even with a spoiler, but different color. The color difference was such that it might not be notice if LE were looking at black and white security camera images from Sharis. More ponderings...

Thanks again Melissa for whatever you come back with...

And yes, IIRC, there was an article somewhere quoting I believe RC that LE had asked him not to talk about the case.

Well JV said that the LE asked about him going to Shari's late that night, after he left PC at 12:45 a.m. They thought he left the scene at PC, where everyone was worried about MC, and then casually went to Shari's afterward and met up with another girl. So, I guess they were worried about him not being concerned for MC or something. It must have been a rumor that the cops were tipped on. But, like I said, they figured out that it wasn't him or his car. Perhaps another hispanic guy driving a sporty little black car went to Shari's?

Someone else asked me to ask if CC had the same car and he said no, but he thinks his car is black also. IMO, if JV is as particular and proud of his car as it seems, he wouldn't let anyone else drive it at all.

Hope that helps.

Man, I highly doubt it. I don't even know my own birth time, LOL! I wonder if birth certificates can be pulled from a record database?

Perhaps JV would be willing to ask RC for that. I think you have to order Birth certificates and you have to sign a statement that you have a need to know, such as you are related and what your relationship is. I just did that a few months ago for all my kids.........again!

Ummm, well JV said that the LE asked about him going to Shari's late that night, after he left PC at 12:45 a.m. They thought he left the scene at PC, where everyone was worried about MC, and then casually went to Shari's afterward and met up with another girl. So, I guess they were worried about him not being concerned for MC or something. It must have been a rumor that the cops were tipped on. But, like I said, they figured out that it wasn't him or his car. Perhaps another hispanic guy driving a sporty little black car went to Shari's?

Someone else asked me to ask if CC had the same car and he said no, but he thinks his car is black also. IMO, if JV is as particular and proud of his car as it seems, he wouldn't let anyone else drive it at all.

Hope that helps.

Melissa, I apologize if this has been covered, but on the website that JV has his car, he has a couple of friends. One of the "friends" he has listed has a similar car. She is also a local Wenatchee resident. They both comment on each others car and say "Hey I've seen that car around town!" It doesn't have a spoiler. Can you ask JV if this "friend" from his car website does indeed have a similar car, and does she work anywhere around Shari's where maybe it was noticed, or perhaps she went to Shari's that night?

Someone stated earlier about a friend of JF having one that was same, even with a spoiler, but different color. The color difference was such that it might not be notice if LE were looking at black and white security camera images from Sharis. More ponderings... Respectfully snipped. I haven't figured out all the ways to shorten the quotes, yet!

That was me..........but it wasn't JV's friend.........it was CC......MC's brother.

Ummm, well JV said that the LE asked about him going to Shari's late that night, after he left PC at 12:45 a.m. They thought he left the scene at PC, where everyone was worried about MC, and then casually went to Shari's afterward and met up with another girl. So, I guess they were worried about him not being concerned for MC or something. It must have been a rumor that the cops were tipped on. But, like I said, they figured out that it wasn't him or his car. Perhaps another hispanic guy driving a sporty little black car went to Shari's?

Hope that helps.

Yes, that does help... although, now I am really beginning to wonder about LE in this case. How long into the investigation did the questioning occur? Was it after MC's body was found? When did the apology finally arrive? This is discouraging that LE would have done this over something which clearly happened AFTER MC went missing. He didn't deserve being repeatedly accused based on the obviously false information they were working with. Victims should be treated better.

ETA: Deleted - I was confused. Still wonder how long into investigation they were asking JV these questions. If it was in the week following the body found, it would make me think they didn't have a primary "suspect" and were really grasping. That would be discouraging.

We have covered the inconsistencies of the “hey” text numerous times and also last phone activity, thought it might be useful to put the following four reports into the same post as a refresher:

2/13/10 - GLC verbal interview: Moore states last time we heard from MC was 3:15pm

http://www.golakechelan.com/?name=News&file=article&sid=10276

2/14/10 – Below info located in side bar of WW article linked below:

Records from Cowell’s cell phone last week show “just normal cell phone activity for Mackenzie,” Moore said. “There were no numbers that were different or unique from who she was normally calling.”

At 3:30 p.m., Cowell made her last text message. “She texted her boyfriend, ‘Hey.’ He responded with the same text, ‘Hey,’ ” Moore said.

At 5:42 p.m. Tuesday, a cell tower bounced a signal off her phone, and that was the last activity, Moore said. He declined to say where the cell tower was located.

Investigators assume that the phone was turned off from then on, which would have been unusual for Cowell, he said. “This is a gal who used her cell phone to text nearly 200 times a day,” Moore said.

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/14/investigators-say-body-is-mackenzie-cowell/?online

2/26/10 - This is the 3:40 text time currently in the timeline:

Doug Jones, spokesman for the task force investigating Cowell’s death, said the last activities on the cell phone were two text messages. They were between Cowell and her boyfriend at about 3:40 p.m. and each was, "Hey."The texts were made when the phone was at the boat launch.

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/26/cowell-boat-launch-day-she-disappeared-investigato/

3/??/10 - JV communicates with WS member MelissaW:

JV reports that MC texted him (JV) at 2:45pm saying “hey” – he texts her back at around 4:15pm, with no reply from MC.

Yes, that does help... although, now I am really beginning to wonder about LE in this case. How long into the investigation did the questioning occur? Was it after MC's body was found? When did the apology finally arrive? This is discouraging that LE would have done this over something which clearly happened AFTER MC went missing. He didn't deserve being repeatedly accused based on the obviously false information they were working with. Victims should be treated better.

How does JV know CC? Or, that is, how does JV know about CC's car? Also to clarify, which "CC" was he referring too? It sounds like we've got a "CC" that is a friend of JF, and this would be the one I was referring too.

Alt.........I saw a picture of CC's (MC's brother) car. Georockgirl posted it but I think she took it down. She didn't want to leave it up since it was the family.
I believe CC just bought it not too long ago, and it is remarkably similar to JV's. Not black, tho. Kindof like a charcoal gray color. It's plausible that CC came over that night upon word of MC's disappearance and that he was at Shari's? IDK. Just speculation. Since he hasn't had it that long, JV might not have seen it.

Someone stated earlier about a friend of JF having one that was same, even with a spoiler, but different color. The color difference was such that it might not be notice if LE were looking at black and white security camera images from Sharis. More ponderings... Respectfully snipped. I haven't figured out all the ways to shorten the quotes, yet!

That was me..........but it wasn't JV's friend.........it was CC......MC's brother.

Here is the car that LOOKS like JV's. This person (female) is a "friend" of his on his car domain website. She is local. Maybe her car was parked at Shari's. Maybe she works at Shari's?
jv car.jpg

Not you, sorry IF I implied that, but another poster told us to look at the person sitting "8 rows down behind WC" who was very distraught..They said it was "CC"..The one we know is not her son but a friend of JF.

Please explain that last part? There is a "CC" who is friends with JF??? Where's this come from?

Who witnessed MC and anyone with her at carwash?

Alt.........I saw a picture of CC's (MC's brother) car. Georockgirl posted it but I think she took it down. She didn't want to leave it up since it was the family.
I believe CC just bought it not too long ago, and it is remarkably similar to JV's. Not black, tho. Kindof like a charcoal gray color. It's plausible that CC came over that night upon word of MC's disappearance and that he was at Shari's? IDK. Just speculation. Since he hasn't had it that long, JV might not have seen it.

Yeah, I'm not too excited about the car issue anymore, (now that we know {RUMOR via Melissa via JV} that the car issue only came up because of something that happened well after MC went missing - someone's? early morning stop at Sharis). Thanks!

That came from Sillyputty. I haven't seen him/her today. Perhaps a PM?

They seemed pretty connected to the car wash attendant. But they only posted 5 times. Hopefully, they will come back...if not, I would be suspicious and hold it at arms length until it can be verified by another source.

They seemed pretty connected to the car wash attendant. But they only posted 5 times. Hopefully, they will come back...it not, I would be suspicious and hold it at arms length until it can be verified by another source.

I agree. I feel it is important to stick around and answer people's questions about pertinent information that you post. So, hopefully they'll come back to give us more info!

HAPPY EASTER Everyone :blowkiss:

Does anyone know if LE has discovered the scene of the crime where Mackenzie died? If she was bleeding in the house and it is not where she died, it means she was taken out of the house while still alive. This might sound dumb, but how would they know she didn't die in that house?

Her body was found not far from the house. That would mean the Primary scene of death should be close by and I would think easy to find. Or else she was driven somewhere else and brought back to be disposed of :banghead: Since nothing was said about blood being found in her car, just some evidence, that would mean another car was used to transport her ???

For those of you asking about JV going to Shari's, I asked him about it and here's his answer:

He said that he went straight home after leaving PC at 12:45 the evening MC went missing (or, I guess it would be considered the following morning.) He said that LE asked him if he went to Shari's afterward, and they asked this multiple times even though he already told them no. Apparently, they were able to confirm he wasn't there, through questing employees, looking at surveillance, etc. They then actually apologized to him for the repetitive questioning.

I believe everyone is focusing too much on 'JV supposedly spotted at Shari's' restaurant'.

I suspect LE questioned JV in that manner simply to observe reaction and demeanor ... nothing to do if he were actually out and about after leaving the PCR site.

LE knew where JV went that evening ... surveillance. Since LE knew the 'truth' they could ask him about a scenario they knew wasn't true ("did you go to Shari's?") so that they could judge his response, reaction and demeanor ... and compare that to his presentation when they first encountered him at the PCR site.

I believe it is a common tactic.

snipped with respect
ETA: According to just posted comment, it sounds like it was WC that made that statement. Although WC may have additional information about the case/suspect(s) that JV does not and that would be why she was told to not to talk about the case while JV was not ask this. If this is true, that LE doesn't care if JV talks about the case, I would think WW should be told this information so they can do an interview with him, (if he is willing). Getting this story back on the front page might actually help the investigation -- informing the suspect(s) that this is NEVER just gonna go away.

IMO LE will not discuss the details concerning the progress of the case with JV since JV is not immediate family. LE will only discuss progress with immediate family, ie. father, mother...

Just a theory: Since JV was apparently suspected initially, LE might have had a plan, maybe they did not tell him not to talk hoping he would trip himself up. That not working LE moved on to others.

I was wondering if anyone could explain this to me. Is it regular practice for the police to instruct the victim's family not to talk to the media? I've just seen so many families talk to the media in the past. I would think that the police wouldn't give the family any information that could possibly hinder the case in the first place.

Can they legally tell the family not to talk about it at all or do they need to get a gag order to enforce this? From my research, gag orders are only given during the trial.

Maybe someone here knows more about this and could explain it better to me. I tried doing my own research online, but couldn't find anything about police telling the victim's family to be quiet. Ugh.:banghead:

It wouldn't be unusual IMO if they felt family or a particular family member knew something.

Yes, to enforce it they would need a gag order, but most likely the family is willing to be compliant so as not to jeopardize the investigation. Of course, if uncontrolled blabbing led to a bad result for the prosecution, they could possibly be charged with obstruction, so it would be in their best interest to stay quiet.

Hmmm, asking a particular family member to be silent, FBI questioning only being mentioned for this family member as well... who does that point to?

Please explain that last part? There is a "CC" who is friends with JF??? Where's this come from?

Ok. I'm gonna clear this up once and for all. CC is MC's brother. He is the only CC. It was never posted that JV had a friend CC. Somebody just misread a post and took it from there. You know how rumors flow!

Again. only one CC. MC's brother. Only.

HAPPY EASTER Everyone :blowkiss:

Does anyone know if LE has discovered the scene of the crime where Mackenzie died? If she was bleeding in the house and it is not where she died, it means she was taken out of the house while still alive. This might sound dumb, but how would they know she didn't die in that house?

Her body was found not far from the house. That would mean the Primary scene of death should be close by and I would think easy to find. Or else she was driven somewhere else and brought back to be disposed of :banghead: Since nothing was said about blood being found in her car, just some evidence, that would mean another car was used to transport her ???

BBM -

IIRC LE has not identified an actual scene of the murder. Also, and this is a big IIRC, at different times it has been reported in news reports that
  • where the body was found was the crime scene
  • the body was found near the crime scene
  • they don't know where MC was murdered so there might be another crime scene that has not been discovered yet.

This has been one of the frustrations with this case, that no clear scene of the murder has been disclosed by LE. If they know for sure, they are not telling.

Hey all, I am still catching up but wanted to clear this up, it was me who was asking : Is it the person 8th row down middle pic who is sitting behind WC? I was asking if that was the person geckcogirl was referring to when we were trying to figure out who she was talking about. She cleared it up. I do not know who that person is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph