WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I don't believe LE has the authority to do that. I mean, the media took photos and videos of the crime scene, right? What's the difference?

Ya I was suprised too. They could have been asked to remove them. If it were me and LE asked to remove crime scene photos I wouldn't hesitate.

I see. I heard someone had pics of the crimescene on their FB and then LE had them removed. I believe that was a story on KOMO or some other TV news agency.

Its not really the "crime scene" anymore though, is it? I guess technically it is but its not like anyone has the actual crime scene pictures except the investigators. Right now its just nature and some tape.

Any one of us could go see it in person if we wanted to, its not hidden so I don't see the harm in posting pictures. Of course I'm talking about the way it is now. Obviously there would be something wrong with posting the murder pictures!

So I know this subject has already been discused but I have heard from another credible source that WC's BF was taken in for some sort of questioning or something last Saturday. I've heard that now from 2 credible sources who work along side of LE.

Its not really the "crime scene" anymore though, is it? I guess technically it is but its not like anyone has the actual crime scene pictures except the investigators. Right now its just nature and some tape.

Good point

i also believe the mom has something to do with it...i find it strange that the police find evidence inside the house close to where mac was found. her mom is a realtor and that means she would have access to the house. i bet she has someone drive her car out of town far away so the police would think someone kidnapped her.

Well, it's a thought. But wouldn't you think that IF that were the case, the killer would've definitely gotten her off that residential property well before noon on a Saturday, right?

Perhaps. But, usually this time of year, most boats are winterized and it can take a while to dewinterize them. So, if her body was placed there on Friday night or Thursday night, that may not be enough time to get a boat ready to go and in the water.

But, like I said, I don't feel very confident about this theory.

No. The only info I have regarding MC's feet being in the stream came from a person who resides in CB (hopefully you can read between the lines).

If i am reading between the lines right it makes sense why you know so much.

why hasn't the mom come forward and request to do an interview and beg the killer to turn himself in. like on t.v. if it was my daughter i would. has anyone skipped town since this happened???

i think someone at cb saw something...neibors maybe

This is a theory I've kicked around a bit myself. Now I'm leaning toward mom not being actively involved though. I feel she may know or suspect some things but wasn't an active participant. However, filicide does happen though it is rare in a child Mac's age. Your scenario would be one of the few reasons I could think of for this kind of crime on a child Mac's age committed by a parent. Filicide is also much more commonly performed by mothers, and filicide of girls (as opposed to boy children) even more so statistically performed by the mother.

I do have some additional info that I cannot divulge the source of for fear of getting someone in trouble. It has to do with the probability that a knife set and something that looks like kitchen/butcher shears may have been used at some point. LE went to an area business with photos asking if any sets of this type had been sold there. Sorry, can't really say more than that. LE did NOT mention this case in any way, shape, or form. However, if you know Wenatchee, you'll know that violent crime here is a rarity, and crime with implements of that sort even rarer. I also haven't heard of any stabbings lately. And no- to anyone that is curious, they hadn't sold them to anyone they could recall lately. The business owner was flummoxed at the shears (they wouldn't sell them) and he said they hadn't sold that particular set of knives for a few years IIRC.

Ummm, Re the possibility of dismemberment, it's interesting that you would post that. Very early on I heard a *rumor* that one arm was partially or totally dismembered. Rumor only, mind you. I had thought that the supposedly brutalized condition of her body may have resulted from an unfinished attempt at disfigurement or dismemberment to make disposal easier.

The disemberment theory is not my own. I heard that rumor, too. And I'm rather dubios about it right now.

But your info regarding the knife set is interesting. It must be related to MC's case.

If i am reading between the lines right it makes sense why you know so much.

To be clear, it's not based on my own first hand knowledge. People in CB, Trinidad and Little CB like to talk.

why hasn't the mom come forward and request to do an interview and beg the killer to turn himself in. like on t.v. if it was my daughter i would. has anyone skipped town since this happened???

EXACTLY!!!!!! I've said this before, but I always think about Natalee Halloway or a dozen other cases I recall seeing the heartbreaking site of parents begging for information for where their kids are.

This situation is VERY strange, to say the least. I would hope if I was murdered, my biggest advocates would not be strangers on websleuths, but rather my own MOTHER!!

I'm sorry, this just makes me so mad. I'm not even a mother yet but I would do more for my furbabies (my dogs) if anything happened to them!

melissa.....i find it strange it's the same house her mom has built

even if the mom knows who it is....does that make her involved???

So I know this subject has already been discused but I have heard from another credible source that WC's BF was taken in for some sort of questioning or something last Saturday. I've heard that now from 2 credible sources who work along side of LE.

Hmmm...he's been taken in for questioning quite a few times now it seems like?

To be clear, it's not based on my own first hand knowledge. People in CB, Trinidad and Little CB like to talk.

Then help me understand. You posted a picture that you thought was where the body was placed. No water was in the picture. How does her feet being in the water come into play.

It's so very different than what it was in the fall. Sorry, I'm purposefully being vague on this one.

I can respect that... I'm just going to throw out some ideas. No need to acknowledge any of these or tell me if I'm "right", del rio... just trying to get some ideas as to why this swampy area would be "different" than it was in the fall.

The first thought that comes to me is that perhaps the shrubbery has been cut back? It looks like to the right of where the the red flag is place, the bushes are not growing as high on as on the other two sides. Maybe this is part of a path that has recently been made in that swampy area (suggesting that someone cut out a path to this specific spot before bringing MC's body here, if this is indeed where she was found)? Or maybe there was something (or someone) laying in the shrubbery to make it more flattened down than the other areas around it? Just some random thoughts...

LOL- yes they do! I can just imagine all of the gossip that will be surrounding this case this summer. Old men on lawn chairs watching boats come in & talking.

Perhaps the mother discovered/caught/witnessed Killer and now mother is being threatened to be silent???

Perhaps. But, usually this time of year, most boats are winterized and it can take a while to dewinterize them. So, if her body was placed there on Friday night or Thursday night, that may not be enough time to get a boat ready to go and in the water.

But, like I said, I don't feel very confident about this theory.

Also, a boat would be much more noticeable to residents! Unless there was a full moon out, you would need some light if you were trying to get around by night, and that would be very dangerous! If you grounded or sank or capsized or any kind of a mishap and you are caught redhanded! Unless, of course, you were VERY familiar with that part of the river!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500