WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
.......I meant......

C. If she took someone with her and they were in the car when she arrived, then they would have had to wait for her the entire time she was in the Academy, without ever getting out to smoke, go to the bathroom, etc...

Actually, do we know what time she arrived at the Academy that day?

And when she signed out of school, she signed out as just going for the coffee. She didn't time out as if she was through for the entire day.

IMO:

A. If there was anyone in the car she would have seen them.

B. If we assume that LE watched the entire video from when MC pulled into the parking lot until she left (which I think it is safe to say they have), they have verified that no one snuck into the car after she walked into school(again, she would have seen them getting back in if they had).

C. If someone with her and they were in the car when she arrived, then they would have had to wait for her the entire time she was in the Academy, without ever getting out to smoke, go to the bathroom, etc...

D. Unless, of course, C did happen and LE is keeping it to themselves so as not to alert the person, but then WHY release Any footage at all?

Perhaps the person WAS in the car... your (A) (B) or (C) above...but because they were FAMILIAR to MC, she didn't react in a freaked-out way...she KNEW the person that was the car (or next to the car, or in another car, etc...)?

Your answer (D)...LE keeping it to themselves.... is most probable. :)

The fact that Mackenzie wasn't "sexually assaulted" has perplexed me, because most murders like Mackenzie's have a sexual component to them. Why would she not have been sexually assaulted? Would love to hear other posters' ideas on this. Here's one scenario off the top of my head... based on nothing by conjecture:

Mackenzie may not have been raped because she was murdered by a young man at the behest of a young woman who was jealous that the young man had briefly been romantically interested in Mackenzie. To prove his loyalty to his girlfriend, he took care of Mackenzie, while the girlfriend watched, or possibly participated. Because both were involved in the murder, neither will turn on the other.

The brodie marks, if recent, would be something that a young guy with a system full of adrenaline would do. This may sound disgusting... but... a four-wheeler with a deer rack could carry a body to the dumping site and easily manipulate up and down the incline, along the shore, etc.

Anyway... all conjecture.

Anyone remember the name Diane Zamora? Could be a similar situation. Not saying that it's probable, just saying that it's possible.

Hmmm... this would help support some other poster's theories that it may be drug related...?

Meets (her contact) at the Academy (person is already in her car?); contact says, "We gotta drive over to the dock to make the pick-up... then breeze on through the carwash for a quick toke.... then you can drop me off....."

TOTALLY UNSUBSTANTIATED THEORY....MOO !!

If her car was being watched by LE all day aside from by cameras that caught her around down why would they stop? If they were watching her for any reason wouldn't they know exactly where she went the entire day? When you are really being watched your every move right down to when you took a shower in the morning is usually known. I don't think they would say "well, MC isn't doing anything interesting so we are gonna stop for the day." Especially since the events after she left the beauty school apparently only got more interesting. I would hope if she was being watched the police would have busted her or whoever she was with before it got to the point that it did. JMO.

:confused:i'm new here and i'm wondering if anyone can see my posts? i've posted several times and got once response back...not to sound whiny...i just read this board everyday and see how well everyone collaborates together and how responsive people are to each post...just wondering if mine are not showing up? i think i have a valid theory about the surveillance video...but maybe not...this happened a few years back as well and was why i had to just stop coming here. i felt like my opinions weren't being heard...:confused:

Don't take it personally. There can be several reasons:

The current posters are already pursuing a specific area of interest.

Not all members shown as online are actually sitting at the computer at that moment.

Also some posters are catching up and, since they're behind, they won't read your post for a while.

Hmmm... this would help support some other poster's theories that it may be drug related...?

Meets (her contact) at the Academy (person is already in her car?); contact says, "We gotta drive over to the dock to make the pick-up... then breeze on through the carwash for a quick toke.... then you can drop me off....."

TOTALLY UNSUBSTANTIATED THEORY....MOO !!

The biggest problem I can see with that scenario is the fact that it's not how drug busts are conducted around here. Unless the operation is huge (a grow, trafficking in huge amounts, ect...) all they do is bust small timers via traffic stops and other innocuous crime, then get them to do controlled buys and roll over on the bigger fish and so on up the line until they can hopefully reach the big timers. Our PD has neither the budget nor the time to do full time surveillance of small time users. I just don't see it.

I have always believed he meant the car was filmed from the moment she arrived until she left and nothing the public needs to know was seen. I do believe they have additional footage.

Perhaps the person WAS in the car... your (A) (B) or (C) above...but because they were FAMILIAR to MC, she didn't react in a freaked-out way...she KNEW the person that was the car (or next to the car, or in another car, etc...)?

Your answer (D)...LE keeping it to themselves.... is most probable. :)

what if:

a...she spoke with someone at school whom she was going to meet up with (doesn't that support the rumor about her aunt supposedly saying she was going to meet up with someone?) so she talks to them, says her car's unlocked, wait for her in the car.

or

b...one of the trucks she is said to kinda glance at...is said person who is meeting her in the parking lot. this doesn't quite fit because we can't see that the car is following her. but again, we've only see what they let us see.

i do think that LE is definitely not sharing more of that video because of what it does show. and if this WAS an accidental death, then whomever is responsible, at the time, probably wasn't all that concerned with being on surveillance camera in the parking lot...

moo...

:confused:i'm new here and i'm wondering if anyone can see my posts? i've posted several times and got once response back...not to sound whiny...i just read this board everyday and see how well everyone collaborates together and how responsive people are to each post...just wondering if mine are not showing up? i think i have a valid theory about the surveillance video...but maybe not...this happened a few years back as well and was why i had to just stop coming here. i felt like my opinions weren't being heard...:confused:

I didn't mean to ignore you, LM...

I don't think that anyone was already in the car waiting for Mackenzie. I think that she left and then met someone.

.......I meant......

C. If she took someone with her and they were in the car when she arrived, then they would have had to wait for her the entire time she was in the Academy, without ever getting out to smoke, go to the bathroom, etc...

Actually, do we know what time she arrived at the Academy that day?

And when she signed out of school, she signed out as just going for the coffee. She didn't time out as if she was through for the entire day.

I may be wrong about this...quite likely I am :)

But didn't Mackenzie go to school in the morning, and then to beauty school in the afternoon?

I don't think that anyone was in the car either, by the way.

what if:

a...she spoke with someone at school whom she was going to meet up with (doesn't that support the rumor about her aunt supposedly saying she was going to meet up with someone?) so she talks to them, says her car's unlocked, wait for her in the car.

or

b...one of the trucks she is said to kinda glance at...is said person who is meeting her in the parking lot. this doesn't quite fit because we can't see that the car is following her. but again, we've only see what they let us see.

i do think that LE is definitely not sharing more of that video because of what it does show. and if this WAS an accidental death, then whomever is responsible, at the time, probably wasn't all that concerned with being on surveillance camera in the parking lot...

moo...

It's possible, and something I've thought of as well (that someone met her in her car), but haven't we established that her car automatically locks? It looks to me like she uses the fob to unlock the car in the video, but who knows?

It also makes sense if she went West after pulling out of the parking lot that she did so to go pick someone up. Especially since the park/boat launch is in the completely opposite direction.

Oh, and ETA- the white truck has been identified as belonging to a fellow student.

If her car was being watched by LE all day aside from by cameras that caught her around down why would they stop? If they were watching her for any reason wouldn't they know exactly where she went the entire day? When you are really being watched your every move right down to when you took a shower in the morning is usually known. I don't think they would say "well, MC isn't doing anything interesting so we are gonna stop for the day." Especially since the events after she left the beauty school apparently only got more interesting. I would hope if she was being watched the police would have busted her or whoever she was with before it got to the point that it did. JMO.

Absolutely agree ! :)

And, then again....

Perhaps....LE flubbed up and halted the survelliance for whatever reason... (they're really NOT infallible)

Perhaps we don't know everything LE knows... maybe they DID bust this "other" person?

Perhaps this is another reason why some posters are leaning towards multiple suspects/crime scenes...

The biggest problem I can see with that scenario is the fact that it's not how drug busts are conducted around here. Unless the operation is huge (a grow, trafficking in huge amounts, ect...) all they do is bust small timers via traffic stops and other innocuous crime, then get them to do controlled buys and roll over on the bigger fish and so on up the line until they can hopefully reach the big timers. Our PD has neither the budget nor the time to do full time surveillance of small time users. I just don't see it.

I have always believed he meant the car was filmed from the moment she arrived until she left and nothing the public needs to know was seen. I do believe they have additional footage.

Thanks Girlfawkes. That is how they operate in my neck of the woods as well.

I'm wondering if it couldn't be possible that MC or her "guest" was thought to be one of those "bigger fish"... doing a "controlled" buy.
That would help explain the literal translation of "her car was under surveillance all day"....

Just offering thoughts, other options, not trying to argue ! :)

Thanks Girlfawkes. That is how they operate in my neck of the woods as well.

I'm wondering if it couldn't be possible that MC or her "guest" was thought to be one of those "bigger fish"... doing a "controlled" buy.
That would help explain the literal translation of "her car was under surveillance all day"....

Just offering thoughts, other options, not trying to argue ! :)

Of course you aren't trying to argue!! We don't argue we discuss. :)

Well, if we have a new non-Wenatchee resident as a POI that none of us know anything about it is possible. It's also possible he's a good kid that wasn't even over here at the time of her disappearance.

I really would like to get a little more info just so we can decided whether he stays as a "cast member" or rule him out.

Her comment on his pic is kinda of odd but I have to ask myself this: Would I think it was odd if I read that comment and none of this ever happened?

My answer: Not at all.

About the car wash/toke thing...

Seems like a $5 car wash is an unnecessary and expensive way to get a high, especially for a teenager.

I just don't think that she went through the car wash to smoke a j. Of course, I'm one of the ones here who doesn't see any signs of drug use with her, from the little info that we've been given by LE. We've spent a lot of time discussing that, so I'm not trying to rehash that debate....

I think she went through the car wash for the same reason most people do... to wash a dirty car. If the rumors are true that she had someone with her at the car wash, and that she was videoed going to/through the car wash, then maybe she just wanted her car to be clean. The photos released by LE of her car show a very clean, well kept car, especially for one that's 14 years old.

I hope she did go through the car wash. That way, only the most recent fingerprints would be on the car's exterior... much less for investigators to have to sort through.

I hope she did go through the car wash. That way, only the most recent fingerprints would be on the car's exterior... much less for investigators to have to sort through.

snipped by me...

that's such a good observation! i hadn't thought of that...but if they do confirm her car had been washed...then pretty much any prints they pull off the exterior can be deemed suspicious and worth looking into.

Is it just me or does anyone else think it's odd, and a little disturbing, that the boy from Tacoma is a fan of Michael Vick?? The football player who spent time in jail for being involved in a dog fighting ring?

About the car wash/toke thing...

Seems like a $5 car wash is an unnecessary and expensive way to get a high, especially for a teenager.

I just don't think that she went through the car wash to smoke a j. Of course, I'm one of the ones here who doesn't see any signs of drug use with her, from the little info that we've been given by LE. We've spent a lot of time discussing that, so I'm not trying to rehash that debate....

I think she went through the car wash for the same reason most people do... to wash a dirty car. If the rumors are true that she had someone with her at the car wash, and that she was videoed going to/through the car wash, then maybe she just wanted her car to be clean. The photos released by LE of her car show a very clean, well kept car, especially for one that's 14 years old.

Actually, the only reason I "went there" was because I know of a carwash that got shut down for that very reason... LE finally took notice that it had become a hot spot for drug use, drug sales, and also because of .. how can I say this delicately...."a variety of sexual acts that can be performed rapidly" that were taking place inside...:blushing:

Locals knew if ya wanted any type of ..drugs or sex..and a little privacy to boot...just head over to Big Al's CarWash (ficticious name, of course)

Actually, the only reason I "went there" was because I know of a carwash that got shut down for that very reason... LE finally took notice that it had become a hot spot for drug use, drug sales, and also because of .. how can I say this delicately...."a variety of sexual acts that can be performed rapidly" that were taking place inside...:blushing:

Locals knew if ya wanted any type of ..drugs or sex..and a little privacy to boot...just head over to Big Al's CarWash (ficticious name, of course)

Wasn't singling out your post--hope you didn't think that.

I'm just bouncing things through my head today. And speaking of bouncing heads, lmao at your delicate description of car wash sex.

Murderers often cover the faces of victims that they know. They don’t want this person they know looking at them or in some cases they cover their faces as a show of respect or care. In turn, if the victim is unknown to the murder they will not care.

As a show of respect or care? I'm sorry, but anyone who could do this to her didn't have one ounce of respect or care for her. I'm not trying to argue with what you're saying because it could be true, but its just very hard to comprehend.

Ive been looking through Mr. Tacoma's FB and I don't see any of his friends listed as being from or have lived near Wenatchee....hmmm... Am I missing something? Maybe they have a mutual friend? I wonder how she met him?

Always MOO unless otherwise noted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member