GUILTY Wa - Pat Shunn, 45, & Monique Patenaude, 46, Arlington, 11 April 2016 *arrests*

John Reed sentenced to life in prison for Oso couple's murder
A judge sentenced John Reed to life in prison without the possibility of parole on Friday. In May, a jury found Reed guilty of killing an Oso couple in 2016 who he bitterly feuded with for years.

Reed was found guilty of first-degree murder in the death of Patrick Shunn and second-degree murder in the death of Monique Patenaude. Reed was also found guilty of unlawful possession of a firearm.

https://www.heraldnet.com/news/absolutely-no-remorse-life-in-prison-for-oso-double-murders/
Superior Court Judge Bruce Weiss told a packed courtroom Friday that Reed acted as “a cold-blooded killer” when he carried out and covered up the murders. The judge recounted a chilling moment in the trial, when Reed smirked on the witness stand as he told a prosecutor that the state’s theory about the killings was wrong.

“Your demeanor was such that there was absolutely no remorse,” Weiss told the defendant Friday. “At certain points, it almost appeared to be a game — like a game of chess to you.”

To the families of Patenaude and Shunn, the pain is tangible. Patrick Shunn’s uncle shares a first and last name with his nephew, a namesake he’s quite proud of, he said. He held up a small brown urn.

“Your honor, this is all I have left of them,” the elder Patrick Shunn said. “Patrick and Monique, together, and in love. That can’t be taken away from me. I see it on my mantel every day, and every day my anger and disgust overwhelm my normal good feelings.”

Oso killer’s parents plead guilty to helping him evade capture

https://www.heraldnet.com/news/john-reeds-parents-plead-guilty-to-helping-him-evade-capture/
Clyde Reed arrived in a Snohomish County courtroom Thursday with the aid of a walker, breathing through oxygen tubes. His wife walked with a cane. Both parents pleaded guilty to obstructing law enforcement, a misdemeanor. A sentencing hearing has been set for Sept. 11.

In a search warrant from 2016, detectives wrote: “John and Tony’s parents have made it clear that they would not assist law enforcement in apprehending their sons, in fact, they are doing the complete opposite by assisting their sons in avoiding apprehension.”

Faye Reed told a detective that “if she contacted her sons first, she would shoot them herself because she wouldn’t want to see them go to prison,” detectives wrote.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stupot77
Back