WA WA - Pierce Co, WhtMale 17-24, Skeletal UP5697, buck teeth, clothes, velcro tennis shoes, Mar'89

recon1.jpg recon2.jpg recon3.jpg shirt2.jpg shirtrecon.jpg
Reconstruction of the victim by NCMEC; duplicate of shirt and enhanced image of shirt.

Date of Discovery: March 18, 1989
Location of Discovery: Pierce County, Washington
Estimated Date of Death: 1987-1989
State of Remains: Skeletal
Cause of Death: Stab wound to the chest
Estimated Age: 17-24 years old
Race: White
Sex: Male
Height: 5'9" to 6'1"
Weight: 150 to 160 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Narrow jaw. He had an extra vertebra and an extra right rib which may have caused him back pain.

Dentals: Available. Buck teeth. An extremely narrow palate and maxillary dental arcade.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Available.

Clothing
- 501 Levi jeans (size 29 x 34)
- T-shirt with a picture of a lion and the words "SINGHA", "lager beer", and "Boon Rawd Brewery Bangkok"
- Blue and white Pro-Ked tennis shoes with a Velcro closure (size 9.5)
- Fruit of the Loom underwear (size medium 34-36)
- White socks with faded horizontal stripes
- A long-sleeved Visage - Dance Bizarre button-down shirt with purple buttons (size 15 - small)

Circumstances of Discovery
A hiker found the victim's skeletal remains in a rural wooded area of Carbon River Canyon near the end of Tubbs Road. The T-shirt from Bangkok was unique and was popular with soldiers in the late 1980s, indicating he may have been in the Army. He was buried as John Doe at the Sumner Cemetery. On March 11, 2014, his body was exhumed for DNA collection and to create a digital facial reconstruction.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Pierce County Medical Examiner's Office
Agency Contact Person: Melissa Baker or Amber Larkins
Agency Phone Number: 1-253-798-6559 or 253-798-6494
Agency E-Mail: mbaker(at)co.pierce.wa.us
Agency Case Number: 89-0201

Agency Name: Pierce County Sheriff's Department
Agency Contact Person: Detective Tim Kobel
Agency Phone Number: 253-798-7714
Agency Case Number: 89-077-0525

NCIC Case Number: U355998919

17 Missing Person Exclusions
MP21646 Arden Bogart, Jr. 02/11/1988 Santa Fe NM
MP31388 Benjamin Bullitt 11/25/1981 King WA
MP7290 Christopher Wells 12/16/1972 King WA
MP19371 Craig Alexander 01/28/1985 Chittenden VT
MP1009 Dana Torgeson 04/17/1985 Stevens WA
MP14272 David Sampson 03/01/1977 King WA
MP14240 Donald Siskar 07/10/1973 King WA
MP1632 Francis Cantea 07/03/1975 Kitsap WA
MP1002 George Pooler 11/18/1988 Okanogan WA
MP14292 Jason Scholz 11/05/1988 King WA
MP22730 Kenneth Hanson 08/12/1957 King WA
MP13660 Kevin Conner 08/26/1971 Clallam WA
MP7130 Ronald Kimble 04/12/1977 King WA
MP22999 Titanic Hagen 08/24/1979 Snohomish WA (x2)
MP18469 Vincent Gartner 01/24/1980 King WA
MP1022 William Summers Jr. 01/04/1982 Kitsap WA

Has Robert Hampton been suggested yet? Missing from Washington in 1986.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
His photo even shows possible buck teeth.
Original

What rubbish about the tshirt! Singha shirts have been available for a long, long time at bars and tourist markets all over Thailand. Boon Rawd was the original factory and HQ in Bangkok and they had a gift shop when beer was in production there. Even after they stopped producing the beer the shop remained. The shirts may have been popular with US soldiers but they were also popular with sooo many people.

What rubbish about the tshirt! Singha shirts have been available for a long, long time at bars and tourist markets all over Thailand. Boon Rawd was the original factory and HQ in Bangkok and they had a gift shop when beer was in production there. Even after they stopped producing the beer the shop remained. The shirts may have been popular with US soldiers but they were also popular with sooo many people.

There were trendy bars in the US that sold the shirts. It might say something about his taste in beer but it doesn't say much about his background or travels.

Was Robert ever suggested? I don't see him on the rule outs.

Came across someone searching for a K L Graham last seen in Seattle during 1989 a while back. Height and general description match pretty well, but don't know if he's actually a valid missing person.

Came across someone searching for a K L Graham last seen in Seattle during 1989 a while back. Height and general description match pretty well, but don't know if he's actually a valid missing person.

Interesting. Would you mind to put in a link? Are there stats mentioned?

Interesting. Would you mind to put in a link? Are there stats mentioned?

Unfortunately, a lot of the sites that contained message boards no longer work, and the website I took this from recently went offline.

However, as I aware that this has been happening a lot lately, I took down the stats that were listed there at the time. He had brown hair, blue eyes, was 5'10 tall, and went missing at the age of 19.

Hi!
Have we looked at Ken Daily for a match? From what I've seen he only went missing roughly an hour from where our UID was found, and speculated to have been headed south to California from Redmond, Washington. Ken was 16, and the UID was speculated to have died as early as 1987 but I think we can review recent updates with Ocram and DNA Doe and realize that initial ME speculation was not always accurate. Height, facial structure and circumstances all seem to align in my eyes. I'd like to hear some opinions from more experienced users before I submit but I could see this being a match! What do y'all think?

Hi!
Have we looked at Ken Daily for a match? From what I've seen he only went missing roughly an hour from where our UID was found, and speculated to have been headed south to California from Redmond, Washington. Ken was 16, and the UID was speculated to have died as early as 1987 but I think we can review recent updates with Ocram and DNA Doe and realize that initial ME speculation was not always accurate. Height, facial structure and circumstances all seem to align in my eyes. I'd like to hear some opinions from more experienced users before I submit but I could see this being a match! What do y'all think?

Submit him. It's as good a bet as any from what I can see.

Submit him. It's as good a bet as any from what I can see.

I agree. No harm in submitting him. There is so little known about Kenneth's disappearance. There was initially confusion about his height to begin with. The whole story is strange IMO. Leaving with nothing? The lack of details make me think they don't really know what went down. Timeline could be a problem, but sadly a lot of times the story/background is not completely accurate, especially in cases where people are reported missing years later.

I agree. No harm in submitting him. There is so little known about Kenneth's disappearance. There was initially confusion about his height to begin with. The whole story is strange IMO. Leaving with nothing? The lack of details make me think they don't really know what went down. Timeline could be a problem, but sadly a lot of times the story/background is not completely accurate, especially in cases where people are reported missing years later.
If I spoke to the Namus contact for Ken do you think they'd be able to provide more information?

If I spoke to the Namus contact for Ken do you think they'd be able to provide more information?

Correct me when I'm wrong......I'm afraid not, the Namus contact would have to consult with the investigating agency too. But maybe she is willing to do that. Some people are really passionate...others less. The case was entered into Namus years and year later (2013). Who knows if there is still a file, an open case/LE actively working on the case, more info based on investigation...etc. Only thing you could do - if you want- you can ask if she want to contact the investigating agency to ask if they have more information. At least she has an email address, where most LE contact don't have. Because being on the other side of the ocean calling in is a bit of a problem for me.

Maybe other "older" members have better ideas.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back