WA - Puyallup Woman Beats 7 Foot Child Molester With A Bat

She was over the top, but what did he do, and why is he out of jail?

ETA:

Here is why he was in jail:

Baldwin lured a 5-year-old girl into a doghouse in his backyard and sexually assaulted her. That crime was committed while he was on parole for another sexual assault in which he forced a different 5-year-old girl into a sex act with him.

So..at 16 he sexually assaults a 5 year old while being on parole for forcing another 5 year old to preform a sex act.

Yep, I say he still got lucky I wasn't living next door to his pervy *advertiser censored*. I mean really what else was she suppossed to think he was doing getting chummy with her daughter? Count me in on the group who wants to live next door to her instead of the freaking pervert.

Really?
Does this woman have a violent record to make you think she'd go off on a whim again?
I can't believe any woman would rather live next to a violent sex offender, but you say you would, so I'll take your word.
I'm not sure she is lying as much as being scared/paranoid that he did do it.
At the time she saw him with her daughter she thought he was harmless, then when she got the flyer she snapped thinking he was doing something with her kid because he's friends with her daughter or was friendly with her daughter at some point.
I think she overreacted, but oh well.
She has a violent record now.

Oh well? He gets beat with a baseball bat - and apparently quite hard - you can kill a person that way - and "oh well"? I don't know if this guy is safe or not - but she sure isn't!

What she was supposed to do was notify the police, to see if this was a violation of his parole, tell him she's always watching, and do so - and do so especially when he's not around because there are plenty of pedophiles who haven't yet been caught, and they're far more dangerous than the ones you know about.

Really?
Does this woman have a violent record to make you think she'd go off on a whim again?
I can't believe any woman would rather live next to a violent sex offender, but you say you would, so I'll take your word.
I'm not sure she is lying as much as being scared/paranoid that he did do it.
At the time she saw him with her daughter she thought he was harmless, then when she got the flyer she snapped thinking he was doing something with her kid because he's friends with her daughter or was friendly with her daughter at some point.
I think she overreacted, but oh well.

Actually, I said I don't know which would be worse to live next to and I stand by that. Any person who will take a weapon and go beat someone in circumstances like this is irrational and not to be trusted. She could hear my teenaged son was arrested for doing drugs and decide to go beat the hell out of him too. Something's very wrong with her.

At least with a sex offender - I know a little something about what leads him offend and can conduct myself accordingly. With this woman - all I know is that if she thinks someone is bad, she doesn't mind assaulting them. That's frightening.

Had she gone off because she really thought he had harmed her daughter - sure, that's a little different. But that's not what happened. She decided to beat the crap out of him because of what he had done some time ago.

It was a dispassionate calculated assault. The term psychopath comes to mind. And people are cheering it - which is even scarier still.

This lady is a freakin nutter.

How many sex offenders live in her neighborhood? I'd need to go smack 58 convicted sex offenders in my neighborhood if I did this.

There's got to be more to this story. I'd like to inform this lady that there's offenders who have never been convicted who may be talking to her child. There's offenders nobody have reported. Oh and there's always the offenders are going to offend for the first time. Who was she really angry with? What else is going on in herlife she smacked this guy only? Because around a year ago he was talking to her child? You have a neighbor you don't know that well yapping with your kid than stop it then and there.

See, people like this are exactly the reason so many lawyers are making loot. That woman just did everybody a diservice as opossed to helping someone. Why not kill him while you're at it? Then he wouldn't be able to reoffend.

However, this creep lived at this residence for several months without changing his addy which is required under his parole conditions. Trust me I'm the first person would like to conk a sexual predator with a bat, but civilized human beings don't go around doing that.

This lady is a freakin nutter.

How many sex offenders live in her neighborhood? I'd need to go smack 58 convicted sex offenders in my neighborhood if I did this.

There's got to be more to this story. I'd like to inform this lady that there's offenders who have never been convicted who may be talking to her child. There's offenders nobody have reported. Oh and there's always the offenders are going to offend for the first time. Who was she really angry with? What else is going on in herlife she smacked this guy only? Because around a year ago he was talking to her child? You have a neighbor you don't know that well yapping with your kid than stop it then and there.

See, people like this are exactly the reason so many lawyers are making loot. That woman just did everybody a diservice as opossed to helping someone. Why not kill him while you're at it? Then he wouldn't be able to reoffend.

However, this creep lived at this residence for several months without changing his addy which is required under his parole conditions. Trust me I'm the first person would like to conk a sexual predator with a bat, but civilized human beings don't go around doing that.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Good post Details.

She said she saw him talk to her daughter around the 4th of July.... (a year ago.)

He failed to register when he first stayed at the trailer park but obviously registered since then- thus the flier.

We'll lets send the creep to your neighborhood.
I am sure he is perfectly safe and who cares this GROWN man was talking to a 10 year old girl...they were just chatting, right? NO biggie.

Let him move right next door and if you have any kids, just let them be his friend! Right?

I would be one of the first to lay down 100 bucks for her bail. ABSOLUTELY!

She snapped. This freak (or in some opinion, this poor sexual offender who is totally OK and its no biggie he still TALKS to children) had approached her daughter! FOR sex? No..maybe, but I believe the word that perverts use is GROOM...Yeah, grooming the child to be his friend so later on when he RAPES her, she will be more complacent and OK with it..right??? She might not tell since the girl is his "friend"...right?????

A man who rapes, will rape again. A man who molests will molest again. It is their nature. The laws and the lawmakers and some "citizens" need to realize this and stop having pity for the monsters. They cannot be "fixed" and the proof of this is right in the story. HE WAS TALKING TO THE CHILD!

I am not going to lose any sleep concerning myself over whether this guy was treated poorly by his neighbor. Do you think he is up at night worrying about the babies he molested? This mom may be a little over the top, but I'll bet no one messes with her kids. Maybe all moms should behave this way and a lot less kids would be vulnerable.

I am not going to lose any sleep concerning myself over whether this guy was treated poorly by his neighbor. Do you think he is up at night worrying about the babies he molested? This mom may be a little over the top, but I'll bet no one messes with her kids. Maybe all moms should behave this way and a lot less kids would be vulnerable.

She got locked up. She can't be much help to her kids if she's locked up.

No doubt alot of us would like to beat pedophiles with bats. That lady should go through her Zipcode then. Beat them all down, and then find out the ones who weren't convicted. Beat them as well.

Actually, the kids would be more vulnerable because the Moms would be doing time in prison for assault. As it should be. This mother's behavior underscores her selfishness and her very real inability to care more for her kids than she does for her desire to mete out "justice" as judge, jury and executioner.

Many different news articles and reports - often those that talk about how bad the sexual offender problems are - and when they talk about the high rate of reoffense - that high rate is below 100%, generally below 50%, and lower. It's high relative to other crimes - but it is not 100%, nor significantly close to that.

Here's one site - http://www.sexoffender.com/sorecidivism.html - looking just at rearrest, not conviction, splitting pedophiles out from rapists, the highest study, highest percentage I saw showed 52% reoffense in 25 years of child molesters - that's the max number - which means we have 48% without so much as an arrest in 25 years after release. This data was also interesting here:
Marshall and Barbaree (1990) found in their review of studies that the recidivism rate for specific types of offenders varied:
  • [SIZE=+0]Incest offenders ranged between 4 and 10 percent.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=+0]Rapists ranged between 7 and 35 percent.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=+0]Child molesters with female victims ranged between 10 and 29 percent.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=+0]Child molesters with male victims ranged between 13 and 40 percent.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=+0]Exhibitionists ranged between 41 and 71 percent.[/SIZE]
I'm not in favor of being easy on these guys, not at all - but it is a simple fact that they do not all reoffend. Treatment programs appear to help - look at the graph of the difference between treated and untreated. 18% of treated child molesters reoffend versus 43% of untreated.

And this is no nambla site - this is a site that is very anti-sex offenders.

They're horrible, and I want to see them locked up for a long time, closely monitored when released, I'd like to see a permanent GPS bracelet, lifelong, with close computer monitoring. But - with all that said - it's not accurate to say they all reoffend. They may be broken and cannot be fixed - hard to say - but apparently some, even many can stop themselves.

When it comes to my girls and a situation like this, I guess I would probably leap before I looked as well.
Anything to do with possibly harming my kids leads me into a blind rage.

Many different news articles and reports - often those that talk about how bad the sexual offender problems are - and when they talk about the high rate of reoffense - that high rate is below 100%, generally below 50%, and lower. It's high relative to other crimes - but it is not 100%, nor significantly close to that.

Here's one site - http://www.sexoffender.com/sorecidivism.html - looking just at rearrest, not conviction, splitting pedophiles out from rapists, the highest study, highest percentage I saw showed 52% reoffense in 25 years of child molesters - that's the max number - which means we have 48% without so much as an arrest in 25 years after release. This data was also interesting here:
[/list]

Thanks for the interesting and informative links.

One thing I've learned in studying this subject a bit is this: genuine pedophiles who molest a child are more likely to reoffend than a situational molester. That makes sense to me.

Blind rages have a problem. They're blind.

Like the guy who killed his neighbor awhile back. Ran in to his house and killed him dead. Because his wife claimed the guy was molesting their child. If he hadn't gone into a blind rage, he could have spent a few minutes thinking about how unlikely the story was, had police check it out, talk to the child, and found out it was all a lie.

Then an innocent man would still be alive today, his family would not be grieving, and a little girl wouldn't have lost her daddy.

When it comes to my girls and a situation like this, I guess I would probably leap before I looked as well.
Anything to do with possibly harming my kids leads me into a blind rage.

WR, the thing is she didn't look before she leaped. Going into a blind rage could hurt your kids. You going into the rage could hurt them the most. Another words like this chick you'd get locked up. You can't help your girls or protect them if you went into a blind rage and beat down some pedophile.

Trust me I know what you mean, but this woman made a huge mistake. "Possibly harming the kids" could be a car going down the block, a fire, another kid. This dude was living there for quite some time and she admitted she thought he was harmless. Until. Until they sent a flier and she freaked the heck out. Again, I understand people would give this lady kudo's, but in effect she did more harm then good. For herself and her kids.

Details, thank you for that information and the links. I'm going to check that out. Of course that 52% is still too high. That's with arrests as well. Then aside from reoffending is the number of victims prior to any arrest and/or conviction. Just personally I know there were at least six other kids beside myself. That was prior, during and after. That's only the people who came forward that I know. Nor was I related to the creep, but incest was in there as well. Again, thanks for that information.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back