Deceased/Not Found WA - Rachael Anderson, 40, Clarkston, 16 April 2010 - #5 *C. Capone guilty*

On top of inviting people to the bake sale, with the Facebook event entitled "Bake Sale - Reward Event", Rachael Anderson's daughter, Amber Griswold, posted, on the wall of the Facebook group "Help find my missing mom! Rachael Anderson!" that they were opening a reward account the day after the sale.

Link to Facebook Bake Sale - Reward Event invitation: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=121588344534831&index=1
Link to screen capture of event: http://s864.photobucket.com/albums/...w&current=FacebookRewardAccount-BakeSale.png&

Link to Facebook group Help find my missing mom! Rachael Anderson!: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=116680731683607&ref=ts
Link to screen capture of wall post regarding opening the reward account: http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/...ssing/AmberGriswaldpostopeningrewardaccou.png

To view Amber Griswold's post regarding opening the reward account, you'll have to scroll down the wall to find the post dated May 8, 2010.

I have to wonder if it would be considered fraud to advertise an event as a fundraiser to offer a reward in a missing person case then not open the account and/or offer said reward.

The media promoted this event as a fundraiser to offer a reward as well.

I went to a domestic violence safehouse fundraiser last night and I was reminded, the Most Dangerous time for an abused woman is when she is leaving, telling him she is leaving or escaping. This is when the attacker is most likely to hurt her the worst. In Rachael's situation, she told CC she was divorcing him and then the stalking began. It was when she went to see him, get her car back and he attacked (most likely in the most violent manner). Anti-stalking laws need to be stricter - a piece of paper telling him to stay away is not working. Please support your local safehouse so women and children have a place to go which is safe and hidden from their attackers. Thank you.

Wonder why a new thread?

I'm also wondering why no info or updates on RA's case. Nothing from media, LE, or even the family now.???

Wonder why a new thread?

I'm also wondering why no info or updates on RA's case. Nothing from media, LE, or even the family now.???

I agree... I have heard NOTHING about Rachael or about Rachaels case. I never thought it would be this quiet just sitting her waiting for this dang gun trial. I thought/hoped there would be more.

I think the family needs to follow through with the "reward" or "donations" account. Something needs to be said about what is going on. I have no problems giving money but when I thought/think it goes for something I would hope that was exactly what it was going for.

Strange business that is for sure.

Just a side note... anyone watch The Lovely Bones... holy hannah montana that could be Rachael and CC would be right, she will never be found. Not very comforting to think about.

I agree... I have heard NOTHING about Rachael or about Rachaels case. I never thought it would be this quiet just sitting her waiting for this dang gun trial. I thought/hoped there would be more.

I think the family needs to follow through with the "reward" or "donations" account. Something needs to be said about what is going on. I have no problems giving money but when I thought/think it goes for something I would hope that was exactly what it was going for.

Strange business that is for sure.

Just a side note... anyone watch The Lovely Bones... holy hannah montana that could be Rachael and CC would be right, she will never be found. Not very comforting to think about.

The outspoken people on the RA FB page don't take kindly to anyone telling them what to do. It is really telling that they have apparently used the money for other things rather than offer a reward for information about Rachael.

I hesitate to say too much because I'm sure you are thinking the same thing. However, I will say that it seems more important to maintain her estate than offer a reward. I have to wonder who is living in her house and if she owns it.

I find to money trail interesting also....I hope LE has done the usual check on Life insurance and where that all goes.

I went to a domestic violence safehouse fundraiser last night and I was reminded, the Most Dangerous time for an abused woman is when she is leaving, telling him she is leaving or escaping. This is when the attacker is most likely to hurt her the worst. In Rachael's situation, she told CC she was divorcing him and then the stalking began. It was when she went to see him, get her car back and he attacked (most likely in the most violent manner). Anti-stalking laws need to be stricter - a piece of paper telling him to stay away is not working. Please support your local safehouse so women and children have a place to go which is safe and hidden from their attackers. Thank you.

"a piece of paper telling him to stay away is not working." Is this in general?? Rachael didn't have an restraining or protection order right?

Wonder why a new thread?

The mods like to keep the threads limited to a manageable amount of pages. This is the fifth new thread. In the first post you will see links to the previous four.

I haven't been able to get on the computer for awhile now and I was really hoping that I'd hear something more but no. As far as local news, one of my friends summed it up perfectly for me. "KLEW is like nails on a chalkboard" Pretty accurate imo. I'm very dissapointed that there has not been any news.

I find to money trail interesting also....I hope LE has done the usual check on Life insurance and where that all goes.

You know, this gets me to thinking. Exactly how long had she been at the Lab? It's normally 90 days of employment for any benefits...including life insurance, so it seems her 90 days would have just taken effect, no? I'm thinking she was full time. TIA

You know, this gets me to thinking. Exactly how long had she been at the Lab? It's normally 90 days of employment for any benefits...including life insurance, so it seems her 90 days would have just taken effect, no? I'm thinking she was full time. TIA

She had been there I believe 3-4 months, not long, but long enough for benefits I would think. IMO.

PC is right, the RA page doesn't like anything negative to be said and so most of the page is just all about offering up prayers and thoughts. When someone does ask a question it usually goes unanswered.

I can't even begin to imagine if this was my mom. There is no way I would remain this quiet, or even let the media drop off. I would be like the person they see walk in the door and all you hear is "oh man not again"... I just can't imagine. I know they are struggling but come one. Why would you want the disappearance of your mom just swept under the rug? I know I wouldn't and I won't ever do it to Rachael, I will always do whatever I can. Which isn't much.

And as far as I know , NO there was no restraining order on CC.

A lot of people....especially people with kids...carry a life insurance policy even if one is not offered though their work. You can usually even get a policy through your car insurance company.

And of course you never know how you would react if you were in their shoes so I'm not judging...and I won't be popular for even saying this...but a lot of things that the family has done hasn't ever made since to me....no accusations there..JMO

A lot of people....especially people with kids...carry a life insurance policy even if one is not offered though their work. You can usually even get a policy through your car insurance company.

And of course you never know how you would react if you were in their shoes so I'm not judging...and I won't be popular for even saying this...but a lot of things that the family has done hasn't ever made since to me....no accusations there..JMO

*BBM

I am gonna have to agree with this. I know one never really knows what they would do until put in that position themselves, but between family and LE I am just so flippin clueless.

I understand the girls are young, they don't really know what to do, and are struggling on top of taking thing day to day.... but I dunno. Alot of things just aren't "RIGHT" if ya know what I mean.

This was posted from Ashley on the RA FB page.

No new updates, They are still working hard on the case even thought we do not get to know the details of their work for the sake of the case. They are still working day and night. If we get any new updates we will not hesitate to post them.
Thank you for all the support

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=116680731683607&ref=ts

*BBM

I am gonna have to agree with this. I know one never really knows what they would do until put in that position themselves, but between family and LE I am just so flippin clueless.

I understand the girls are young, they don't really know what to do, and are struggling on top of taking thing day to day.... but I dunno. Alot of things just aren't "RIGHT" if ya know what I mean.

The thing that annoys me the most is that they announced the bake sale so a reward fund could be opened and encouraged people to bring baked goods as well as purchase them, something which was announced in the newspaper and I believe on TV as well.

Where is the newspaper article and accompanying flyer announcing the amount of the reward?
It's been almost 1 1/2 months since the bake sales!

The thing that annoys me the most is that they announced the bake sale so a reward fund could be opened and encouraged people to bring baked goods as well as purchase them, something which was announced in the newspaper and I believe on TV as well.

Where is the newspaper article and accompanying flyer announcing the amount of the reward?
It's been almost 1 1/2 months since the bake sales!

I agree...It's not right and IMO boardering on not legal. Thats why I wonder about life insurance and such. Someone knows about CC...his past....and things that happened between him and Rachael....you couldn't have made a better fall guy if you tried.....everyone latched on to him as a suspect and never let go.....what if...just what if...it wasn't him????

I agree...It's not right and IMO boardering on not legal. Thats why I wonder about life insurance and such. Someone knows about CC...his past....and things that happened between him and Rachael....you couldn't have made a better fall guy if you tried.....everyone latched on to him as a suspect and never let go.....what if...just what if...it wasn't him????

When a sheriff deputy was murdered in my county, a woman announced through the media she had opened a bank account to accept donations for the officer's family.

When she did not give any of the thousands of dollars received to the family, she was sentenced to six years in prison for fraud.

In my opinion, if the money collected during the bake sales was not used as Rachael's daughter, Amber Griswold, stated it would be used to the members of the Facebook group "Help find my missing mom! Rachael Anderson" and to the media, that is downright fraud.

Donations have also been sought to "help maintain the estate of Rachael Anderson". As I stated before, it seems more important to keep the electricity on and the credit card, house and automobile payments up than offer a reward, something which I've never heard of in a missing person case and which mystifies me.

I have thought this myself. I think he had a PART in it, just because he is slime and that is what I want to believe, but in my heart of hearts, I almost can GUARANTEE someone else has played a hand in this also/too. You are exactly right, he is the PERFECT fall guy.

She had been there I believe 3-4 months, not long, but long enough for benefits I would think. IMO.

PC is right, the RA page doesn't like anything negative to be said and so most of the page is just all about offering up prayers and thoughts. When someone does ask a question it usually goes unanswered.

I can't even begin to imagine if this was my mom. There is no way I would remain this quiet, or even let the media drop off. I would be like the person they see walk in the door and all you hear is "oh man not again"... I just can't imagine. I know they are struggling but come one. Why would you want the disappearance of your mom just swept under the rug? I know I wouldn't and I won't ever do it to Rachael, I will always do whatever I can. Which isn't much.

And as far as I know , NO there was no restraining order on CC.

I hope she changed all her financial beneficiaries over to the kids or maybe didn't have the time to change them over in the few months she was with CC. Since she started her job with the lab after CC, I'm sure she wouldn't have listed him.

No, this can't be easy for them at all, trying to go on in some normalcy for your kids and even your own sanity I'd think. Hope to hear something soon.

When a sheriff deputy was murdered in my county, a woman announced through the media she had opened a bank account to accept donations for the officer's family.

When she did not give any of the thousands of dollars received to the family, she was sentenced to six years in prison for fraud.

In my opinion, if the money collected during the bake sales was not used as Rachael's daughter, Amber Griswold, stated it would be used to the members of the Facebook group "Help find my missing mom! Rachael Anderson" and to the media, that is downright fraud.

Donations have also been sought to "help maintain the estate of Rachael Anderson". As I stated before, it seems more important to keep the electricity on and the credit card, house and automobile payments up than offer a reward, something which I've never heard of in a missing person case and which mystifies me.

When things like this happen, it can become terribly drawing on the finances. While I agree a reward might help in finding answers or RA herself, emotionally they may have wanted to assure things were in order if she came home. But, now I think they should be thinking about what their next move should be since there are no active searches going on. I don't know if RA rented or owned. If she rented, they could just hold on to her belongings and if she did own a house, they could rent it, if one of the kids didn't want to move into it and maintain it for her. Tough decisions. I can't say I wouldn't have trouble with it.

OT..just heard on JVM tonight of the little Baum girl that has been missing for a year. The mother is practically homeless now. She lost her job and has a another child that is autistic. She moved in with family, but that did not work out. Trying to live on just the SS she gets for the other child. It's really sad and traumatic how this sends a person/family into a upheaval.

I wonder how the boys are getting along. I hope they are in touch with each other on a frequent basis. Ugh.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back