Deceased/Not Found WA - Rachael Anderson, 40, Clarkston, 16 April 2010 - #5 *C. Capone guilty*

As for the firearms charges I am very interested to see what he pleads to and what his sentence is....obviously LE didn't think their case would hold up in court or they never would have pled out...only a few more days till we at least have answers on that.

I don't think a plea offering would be due to thinking they have nothing to hold up in court, I think it is standard practice in order to save the cost of a lengthy jury trial.

"If you plead guilty to one charge, we'll drop the other."

They also may know that they have enough evidence coming in from the crime lab to charge him with murdering Rachael and that he will be in prison for a long time and concluded it would be very inconvenient to have him on trial for two different matters at the same time.

As of last night there were people selling everything out of CC's shop.....I would think that means he either knows that he is going away for awhile or plans on dissapearing if he doesn't end up in jail....I guess we will find out in a few hours.

As of last night there were people selling everything out of CC's shop.....I would think that means he either knows that he is going away for awhile or plans on dissapearing if he doesn't end up in jail....I guess we will find out in a few hours.

Guilty plea. No indication of a deal to lesser charge. Sentencing set for Sept 27th. Tried to get free from work to go over for this, but not a happening thing today.

http://www.krem.com/news/crime/Capo...ilty-to-federal-firearms-charge-97884509.html

http://www.khq.com/Global/story.asp?S=12762521

ETA: My bad. read the KHQ story in under 10 seconds and only caught Sept. 27. Plea deal indeed down to only 1 charge. Curious what sentencing guidelines are for the one charge he plead guilty on? Seems that was covered by media previously, but has been so quiet for so long, I forgot. Was it 5 years per charge max, or more?

Well that feels a little anticlimactic.....so is this pretty much the end of the road? Now we wait some more to see if LE persues anything about Rachael?

Well that feels a little anticlimactic.....so is this pretty much the end of the road? Now we wait some more to see if LE persues anything about Rachael?

Well, if he is going to be parked safely in jail for some time, it does take some of the heat off LE to MOVE on this. Those buggers are just far, far too quiet about what is going on. I can't even imagine the stress her family is under.

But that said, glad to know he will be off the streets for awhile.

I honestly don't know if there has ever been a murder/missing persons case solved in this area (unless the person turned themselves in). And I guess that I am just one of those people that isn't satisfied with CC being in jail. I still just wonder if there wasn't something that was missed. I am still put off by the way the family has gone about things...let alone LE. Very little makes sence in this case.

This weekend I drove from Boise to St. Maries. Passed through Riggins, Grangeville, Lewiston, Moscow, etc. Couldn't help but think of Rachael the entire way. :( I hope she is found soon.

I knew we wouldn't hear much about Rachael today, but I truely was HOPING that we would. I hope this starts a ball rolling, but again, I highly doubt it. I won't give up on LE but it sure is hard to stay positive and helpful/hopeful when we are all just flying by the seat of our pants.

I am curious WHO got the OK and how they got the OK to sell all of the stuff in his shop. Curious why none of that has been mentioned in the news or anything else. I would think that Rachaels name would be on that business as well. That whole thing confuses me... heck who am I kidding, this whole thing confuses me.

Boy, KREM totally lost the sauce on that article. It didn't mention his plea down to one charge, had CC as her former husband rather than estranged, and had May as the date she had gone missing. And that's after an update. You can tell alot of research went into that article.

I certainly hope when it comes time for sentencing in Sept. they won't forget the terror he has caused so many women in this past...and most important...the one he was married to for a brief time and she is nowhere to be found.

LE has nothing to say for an update? Guess not.

This doe NOT make sense. Just one question...WHAT is going on?:banghead:

Not only nothing from LE but NOTHING from her OWN FAMILY...how can this be??? I think that there is a lot to this case that we will never know or understand. I want to know if anyone is ever going to hold them accountable for saying/raising money for a reward and then NEVER offering one. Have they all just gone back to their lives as well? It has only been 3 months and she is all but forgotten.

I knew we wouldn't hear much about Rachael today, but I truely was HOPING that we would. I hope this starts a ball rolling, but again, I highly doubt it. I won't give up on LE but it sure is hard to stay positive and helpful/hopeful when we are all just flying by the seat of our pants.

I am curious WHO got the OK and how they got the OK to sell all of the stuff in his shop. Curious why none of that has been mentioned in the news or anything else. I would think that Rachaels name would be on that business as well. That whole thing confuses me... heck who am I kidding, this whole thing confuses me.

I wounder if everything isn't being sold by who ever owns the building from...if he is 2 months behind on rent they my have taken the legal action necessary to sell his things to recope their money and then pass the rest of his proceeds to CC...or maybe a friend...has anyone checked out the church facebook site recently? Maybe he has had contact with someone from there?

Boy, KREM totally lost the sauce on that article. It didn't mention his plea down to one charge, had CC as her former husband rather than estranged, and had May as the date she had gone missing. And that's after an update. You can tell alot of research went into that article.

I certainly hope when it comes time for sentencing in Sept. they won't forget the terror he has caused so many women in this past...and most important...the one he was married to for a brief time and she is nowhere to be found.

LE has nothing to say for an update? Guess not.

This doe NOT make sense. Just one question...WHAT is going on?:banghead:

update of sorts from LE here:

http://www.kxly.com/news/24162452/detail.html

"Detectives working on the case say tips from the public have slowed considerably."

Duh, wonder why? How about a press conference now and then and give the world something, anything, to go on. Sorry, I can't believe there aren't some small bits of info they can share that might be of help. Just keeping her name and face out there would be a start.

KXLY usually quicker on the trigger than the other Spokane stations on Rachael-related stories, but not today. Did at least answer the question on max possible sentence -- 10 years and $250,000 fine. Hope they reported that correctly. Lock him up and make sure he's too broke when he gets out to skip the country.

Summer weather finally here, I pray somebody finds Rachael, and soon!

update of sorts from LE here:

http://www.kxly.com/news/24162452/detail.html

"Detectives working on the case say tips from the public have slowed considerably."

Duh, wonder why? How about a press conference now and then and give the world something, anything, to go on. Sorry, I can't believe there aren't some small bits of info they can share that might be of help. Just keeping her name and face out there would be a start.

KXLY usually quicker on the trigger than the other Spokane stations on Rachael-related stories, but not today. Did at least answer the question on max possible sentence -- 10 years and $250,000 fine. Hope they reported that correctly. Lock him up and make sure he's too broke when he gets out to skip the country.

Summer weather finally here, I pray somebody finds Rachael, and soon!

I'm sorry, but LE in this case in just pathetic! There have been ZERO news conferences. Nobody in law enforcement has even spoken publicly, much less this whole task force they were supposed to have. My dear friend has been missing for 2 months now!! Yeah CC is locked away, but not for his role in Rachael's disappearance. It simply isn't good enough!! LE is being LAZY about "leads trickling in." They need to get out and investigate...it's their JOB. I have a degree in Criminal Justice and these people give the profession a bad name. The media is out there in the Kyron Case, in the Susan Powell case...in all of the other horrifically sad cases of missing people that should not be happening, struggling to get to the truth. Rachael is a wonderful, kinda person and a true asset to humanity! How can she just be forgotten like yesterday's news?? It breaks my heart! LE won't release information, they won't let family members, friends or the public search. How exactly is this case being investigated?? If she's gone, SOMEONE is responsible. Whatever happened to bringing that person to justice?? I can't live with never knowing where she is or what happened to her! It's cruel. It's cruel to her family and the people that love her. :banghead:

I'm sorry, but LE in this case in just pathetic! There have been ZERO news conferences. Nobody in law enforcement has even spoken publicly, much less this whole task force they were supposed to have. My dear friend has been missing for 2 months now!! Yeah CC is locked away, but not for his role in Rachael's disappearance. It simply isn't good enough!! LE is being LAZY about "leads trickling in." They need to get out and investigate...it's their JOB. I have a degree in Criminal Justice and these people give the profession a bad name. The media is out there in the Kyron Case, in the Susan Powell case...in all of the other horrifically sad cases of missing people that should not be happening, struggling to get to the truth. Rachael is a wonderful, kinda person and a true asset to humanity! How can she just be forgotten like yesterday's news?? It breaks my heart! LE won't release information, they won't let family members, friends or the public search. How exactly is this case being investigated?? If she's gone, SOMEONE is responsible. Whatever happened to bringing that person to justice?? I can't live with never knowing where she is or what happened to her! It's cruel. It's cruel to her family and the people that love her. :banghead:

I'm so sorry for the family and friends that this is being handled like this. I cannot for the life of me figure out why no one is allowed to search and EVERYONE has shut up. Not a word, hair or peep from anyone....????? The only reasonable reason for not looking for a missing person is because they're not missing. Do they know something?

I'm so sorry for the family and friends that this is being handled like this. I cannot for the life of me figure out why no one is allowed to search and EVERYONE has shut up. Not a word, hair or peep from anyone....????? The only reasonable reason for not looking for a missing person is because they're not missing. Do they know something?

Hollyblue, I haven't been in touch as closely with family lately as I have at various times during this whole thing...but they do not know anything. She is not in any witness protection program. She IS missing and CC was the last person she was with that we know of. LE suspects other people may be involved, but they haven't named any suspects or persons of interest at all. They haven't threatened or arrested anybody that I know of, to try to bring the heavy down on any suspected accomplices. The family is hurting and struggling to try to live some sort of life while in total limbo, which is extremely difficult to do.

By the way, with regard to the reward money...I believe it was decided to use that money to pay her house payment and bills, in case she is found (alive.) The family made an announcement about that. Unfortunately, the family is scattered across the country and her girls are still young...and very lost without their mother. She was definitely the head of her family and I imagine my own family would go through something similar if I were to ever go missing...struggling and wondering what to do. LE isn't telling the family or anybody ANYTHING. If any of you watch Nancy Grace (I'm sure you do)...I agree with what Mark Klaas says all the time, you canNOT judge how anyone acts in a situation with a missing person. Even Mark, who has been in the shoes of someone who has had a close family member go missing...says most of the the time that you never know how you will react until you're in the situation. Her poor children search in ditches because they don't know what else to do.

I wish there was more I could do. I live too far away to do the things I'd like to do (like camp out on LE's doorstep or refuse to go away unless they tell me SOMETHING.) People are right, CC (and whoever else was involved, if there were) had too long to cover his tracks in this situation...unfortunately.

Do you get to change your mind about where the money goes AFTER it has been raised? Can I go out and raise money for a reward or charity and then pay my bills as long as I announce the change? That doesn't make sence to me and as I understand it I thought that was what they were doing with the money from the Wells Fargo account.

On the radio news this morning they reported that LE stated that they have no intention of Charging CC in Rachaels case in the immidate future...whatever that means.

I have said all along that there was VERY LITTLE chance of this case ever being solved. This is how these cases go in this area.

Do you get to change your mind about where the money goes AFTER it has been raised? Can I go out and raise money for a reward or charity and then pay my bills as long as I announce the change? That doesn't make sence to me and as I understand it I thought that was what they were doing with the money from the Wells Fargo account.

On the radio news this morning they reported that LE stated that they have no intention of Charging CC in Rachaels case in the immidate future...whatever that means.

I have said all along that there was VERY LITTLE chance of this case ever being solved. This is how these cases go in this area.

JMO, There has to be a smoking gun and a high speed chase to grab LE's attention down here. grrrrrrr...:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I hope you never go missing, so your family doesn't have to make decisions like this family is....and then have them questioned and judged by people who don't know them. I DO know that Rachael would pay back every single dime that every single person paid for her benefit, if she came back alive.

It is very sad that cases in that area go unsolved. Her life is no less valuable than any other person's who has gone missing. It's things like this that leave me wondering about bad things happening to good people and vice versa. I'm glad that CC is in jail and will hopefully spend some prison time again, but Rachael needs to be brought home to her loved ones and justice needs to be served. LE refused to stop on a missing mother's case in the area where I live and she was found (not alive, but the family still had closure) and her estranged husband will stand trial for the murder. With the FBI involved and a 5 agency task force, Rachael should NOT be a "this area" case.

I hope you never go missing, so your family doesn't have to make decisions like this family is....and then have them questioned and judged by people who don't know them. I DO know that Rachael would pay back every single dime that every single person paid for her benefit, if she came back alive.

It is very sad that cases in that area go unsolved. Her life is no less valuable than any other person's who has gone missing. It's things like this that leave me wondering about bad things happening to good people and vice versa. I'm glad that CC is in jail and will hopefully spend some prison time again, but Rachael needs to be brought home to her loved ones and justice needs to be served. LE refused to stop on a missing mother's case in the area where I live and she was found (not alive, but the family still had closure) and her estranged husband will stand trial for the murder. With the FBI involved and a 5 agency task force, Rachael should NOT be a "this area" case.

What i am talking about has nothing to do with a persons worth. I only met Rachael once and I think she is "worth" more than a lot of things that are going on in this case. I am only speaking of legality and honesty and the facts of how cases have been handeled in our area, the area she went missing. As for the money it is hard to be told that you are giving money for one thing and then find out that the money did not go where it was supposed to, no matter what the situation. I believe that if the family solicited money said that the money was going towards a reward (which they did) that by now a reward should be set up. I also belive that if those people point blank ask where the money went (which people have done on the facebook site) that they should be answered and not ignored. It is the public's right to have a reward account set up if that is what they gave money for and it is their right to ask and know where the money went. Not to mention that a reward account could have a HUGE benifit in finding out where Rachael went which is the whole point in the first place. Also in a case like this everyone and everything should be questioned until Rachael is found and the person or persons that are responsible for her dissapearance are found and punished. In EVERY missing person/missing child case the families actions and reactions are questioned...they are usually the first suspects. I am not trying to be harsh towards Rachael's family, I'm just asking questions that would be asked in any case.

JMO, There has to be a smoking gun and a high speed chase to grab LE's attention down here. grrrrrrr...:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I'm proposing a road rally from Moscow to Lewiston, and nobody enters without a rifle rack in their rig. Of course it would take a bunch of those together and all at high speed to get the attention of LE as common as those are in N. Idaho (the racks and rigs, not the rallys). You bring the brewskies :toast: and I'll bring the:popcorn:

* sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm *

But seriously, they surely can be exasperating. :snail:

* not sarcasm *

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member