GUILTY WA - Samuel & Brittainy Labberton for starving infant, Bellevue, 2010

from Kaylynn's link:

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/414685_starve26.html

"Contacted by police in August, the mother appeared emaciated herself, Spoor said. Standing 5-foot-5, the 21-year-old weighed 90 pounds.

"Brittainy expressed no remorse for not feeding the baby and admitted to hardly feeding (the infant) for many days," Spoor said. "She also indicated she wanted to have 12 children."
Allowed to see the girl three times a week since she was removed from the home, Brittainy Labberton described her daughter as "very fat and overfed," Inman said. The detective added that the woman believed her daughter was much healthier before she was pulled from the home. "

Why am I not suprised the *mother* was born and raised in FL? :bang:
And if her husband has a weight problem and that is why she doesn't want her girls to be "fat" then why did she marry him???

It sounds like the "mom" has weight issues, which she then imposed on her children.

O.K. this chicks Myspace has a URL of Insane_Stalker. Maybe that's just a cute lil nickname she likes for herself.

However, there's alot of photographs of a gorgeous baby. Baby posing with two grandpop's. Two photos pertain to "eating". Cute lil captions like "Grandpop is trying to eat my hand" and "Gobble Gobble".

No doubt they are just normal, cute little comments, but maybe the da*n baby was so hungry she'd have liked to eat her own hand. There obviously are other adults around so nobody noticed this? Maybe the girl has some sort of psychosis? Something is wrong. Duh. Plus even if one parent were that out there they thought a two month old might get fat why didn't the other parents seek help?

http://www.myspace.com/insane_stalker1988

It appears that those are pictures of the now 2-year-old child. That baby looks healthy and chubby (cute baby chub), so maybe the 2-year-old wasn't starved as a baby like her sibling, but started to be starved when the sibling was born. So sad.

From the photos on her myspace, it seems that there is a very serious pathology here with the mother. All of the photos taken at the same time, in very dim light, and more for the grandfather's sake, it would seem. There is no attempt to dress the baby up as you would expect from a parent that is looks obsessed, the dim light does not mesh with that either.
I think that she just liked hearing the children scream for some reason, she liked the power of withholding sustenance, but realizing that this was abnormal, tries to rationalize it as being about food. In reality, the food is just a method of getting and keeping power and control. (Which supposedly, is what some eating disorders are rooted in, according to some schools of thought.)

My other, more personal thoughts about her would get me banned.

oh dear god she wants to have 12 children

and there is not a damn thing that can be done. She can get pregnant again, starve herself and do god-knows-what damage to the child while it is in her.

and there is not a damn thing that can be done. She can get pregnant again, starve herself and do god-knows-what damage to the child while it is in her.
Maybe we can hope her anorexia will prevent her from having more children...

From the photos on her myspace, it seems that there is a very serious pathology here with the mother. All of the photos taken at the same time, in very dim light, and more for the grandfather's sake, it would seem. There is no attempt to dress the baby up as you would expect from a parent that is looks obsessed, the dim light does not mesh with that either.
I think that she just liked hearing the children scream for some reason, she liked the power of withholding sustenance, but realizing that this was abnormal, tries to rationalize it as being about food. In reality, the food is just a method of getting and keeping power and control. (Which supposedly, is what some eating disorders are rooted in, according to some schools of thought.)

My other, more personal thoughts about her would get me banned.

It would seem the photographs are on the web camera. Probably they didn't have a digi cam. That's fine and dandy. However, and maybe it's me, but this gorgeous baby on the second page is sitting or proped on perhaps a chair? The caption says and I won't mention the baby's pretty name, BUT "E falling" then the next picture "E goes boom".

It's clear this baby is falling and fell over. I mean wouldn't you freakin prevent a baby that small from falling? Again as others posted this is the first baby I believe. Perhaps this chick had no idea. Clueless on how to take care of an infant. You don't just sit a baby up and then on camera watch it fall and go boom.

Admittedly, I thought the same thing about dressing a baby up. I was always overboard with that. The woman made some attempt with the cute lil hedband and cute onsie. Then what? Did Grandpa not see the baby falling? Yeah kids fall, but this is an infant and hello ya hold them up.

I obviously don't know this person or her husband. Looks like they packed up from Florida and moved back to where he came from. There's sympathy in some forms from old friends about the kids. Who knows? I do know the husband goes by the name Zam Flamez though. What's up with that?

Hoping these two baby dolls are now safe and sound and with full bellies. Hoping the best all around for everyone. Anymore I just chalk up stuff like this as people being plain lunatics. How else to explain it?

Woman pleads not guilty to starving baby girl

Story Published: Feb 1, 2010 at 9:17 AM PST

Story Updated: Feb 1, 2010 at 9:17 AM PST

SEATTLE -- A woman who prosecutors say starved their baby because they didn't want the girl to be fat pleaded not guilty on Monday.

Brittainy appeared briefly in King County Superior Court with her attorney to enter the plea. Her husband was expected to be arraigned shortly.

more here

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/83258257.html

JMO, but babies are SUPPOSED TO BE FAT! Thats why they're SOOO cute... the chubby cheeks and the jelly-rolls and the lil' pot-bellies... who in the world would want their baby to be scrawny and sick vs. wonderfully plump and healthy?!?!

JMO, but babies are SUPPOSED TO BE FAT! Thats why they're SOOO cute... the chubby cheeks and the jelly-rolls and the lil' pot-bellies... who in the world would want their baby to be scrawny and sick vs. wonderfully plump and healthy?!?!

Someone intent on inflicting there own self abuse on they're kids.

They sound just like Anna Nicole Smith! :razz::loser:Thank goodness she's NOT around to raise Danielynn!

That's pretty harsh.

Regarding the story, it simply amazes me the stupidity of some people. It's a good thing people intervened before this baby died of starvation!!!!

I had a similar problem. My baby was 9# 4oz when born and I didn't produce enough for her monster appitite so we had to supplement with formula.

It makes me sick to my stomach to think of what that poor baby went through. That mother has some sort of mental illness to be able to do that.....

My best friend's daughter had a baby, naturally i became the "auntie." Had two healthy grown kids myself. But her DR told her never to give the baby formula or cereal, etc. etc. She had a hungry baby and was miserable for some time, her fear was so great. I told her my experience that was similar to yours. My girl was just so hungry ! I started supplementing with formula, and a bit of cereal in the bottle when she was still hungry.She is a very lovely and thin 20 year old now. The new Mom of my "nevvie" would not listen ! The DR had her terrified.
WTH? This health fad and diet fad we are on must end, IMO. It is overdone. Also doctors are not God, i mean, come on. Common sense, I miss you !

did anyone save the myspace page or a few of the pics? It's gone now and I wanna see!

November 2011:

A couple convicted last year of starving their then-infant daughter because they feared the baby would become too fat have lost permanent custody of their three young children after a nine-day dependency court trial.

King County Superior Court Judge Patricia Clark made the ruling Monday after hearing from the couple, Brittainy and Samuel Labberton, and mental-health providers who have worked with the couple since they came to the attention of state child-welfare officials three years ago...

Brittainy Labberton, 22, is pregnant with the couple’s fourth child...

On Sept. 3, 2010, while Brittainy was pregnant with her third child, the parents were given a suspended jail sentence on the misdemeanor criminal-mistreatment charge, provided they comply with mental-health treatment and have no contact with their children without the approval of a dependency court.

When the couple’s third child, a boy, was born on Sept. 11, 2010, he immediately was sent to live in foster care.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/pair-who-starved-baby-lose-custody-of-all-3-kids/

Sept 2010:

Samuel told me that he would not change anything if he could go back," Inman said. "He does not believe that he and Brittainy did anything wrong."

In court filings, Inman noted that Brittainy Labberton was diagnosed with postpartum depression with psychotic tendencies following her second daughter's birth.

"Brittainy had thoughts about harming herself and her children," Inman said in court documents. "Brittainy was prescribed medication to help control these thoughts and feelings … but had a severe reaction to it."

The mother refused to feed the girl even as she cried for food, Inman said. All the while, the officer added, Samuel Labberton lived in the home and failed to feed the child.
http://m.seattlepi.com/local/article/Bellevue-couple-who-starved-fat-infant-sentenced-894664.php

Well done to cps for getting it right in this case and permanently removing all the children before any serious harm came to them. I just hope that the Labbertons don't move to another state where they will be off the radar and start having children, since Brittainy apparently has no intention of using birth control :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back