WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
She visited with her grandparents around 10PM after she left the diner? How was her behavior at that time? What did she say? IMO, it sounds like the grandparents are the last known to have seen Shantina and her son?

I've been following this since I checked local news this morning. One thing I find odd is that she would go visit her step father on a Sunday night. She seemed to get a late start especially since it was a school night. I looked up the Silverdale school calendar (assuming that is Central Kitsap School District), and they are not on spring break until the end of the month.

She left for the trip to her stepfather's house on Sat. evening.

She visited with her grandparents around 10PM after she left the diner? How was her behavior at that time? What did she say? IMO, it sounds like the grandparents are the last known to have seen Shantina and her son?

No, no visit with grandparents.

She stopped at a house after she left the diner.
She seems to have been disoreiented.
The people there allowed her to call her grandparents on their phone.
Her phone had been left behind at her house.

Odd that she called her grandparents instead of step-dad or fiance....she must have a head injury or mental problem or alcohol or drugs or something. Poor little boy must be terrified!

Do we have a scanner thread going on this yet?

No, no visit with grandparents.

She stopped at a house after she left the diner.
She seems to have been disoreiented.
The people there allowed her to call her grandparents on their phone.
Her phone had been left behind at her house.

Thank you. I completely had the details mucked up on that didn't I?

It is frustrating to read that so so many people saw that this poor woman was disoriented, possibly injured and in need of some kind of help, yet failed to try to detain her long enough to call for help of any kind!

She was obviously trying her best to care for her son, ordering food for him, even in her impared state. The child reportedly told the waitress that his mother had hit her head. Why didn't anyone try to talk to her; offer to help?

Were they on foot when they went to someone's home to use their phone? Where did that homeowner think she was going after she used their phone, on foot and with a young boy late at night? Why didn't someone have the good sense to insist that she wait for help? It sounds like the boy was aware that his mom's head injury had left her somewhat impared...why did adults not help him?!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope that if I am ever injured and disoriented, I stumble upon the home of a Websleuth who will be nosey and bold enough to find out who I am and get me some help!

ETA: SuziQ, you would help me, wouldn't you?

I hope that if I am ever injured and disoriented, I stumble upon the home of a Websleuth who will be nosey and bold enough to find out who I am and get me some help!

LOL....maybe we need some WS "safehouse" window decals!!!!!

Definitely! Wasn't anyone concerned for the kid?

It is frustrating to read that so so many people saw that this poor woman was disoriented, possibly injured and in need of some kind of help, yet failed to try to detain her long enough to call for help of any kind!

She was obviously trying her best to care for her son, ordering food for him, even in her impared state. The child reportedly told the waitress that his mother had hit her head. Why didn't anyone try to talk to her; offer to help?

Were they on foot when they went to someone's home to use their phone? Where did that homeowner think she was going after she used their phone, on foot and with a young boy late at night? Why didn't someone have the good sense to insist that she wait for help? It sounds like the boy was aware that his mom's head injury had left her somewhat impared...why did adults not help him?!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess people just don't think. That is the only thing I can think of. The boy must have stayed with his Mom. This is so concerning, I hope this turns out alright.

I'm glad they brought in dogs. It is the first and soonest thing they should do, IMHO.

She looks like she's smiling at someone....just strange! She had just ordered food, paid for it and is leaving without waiting for it. Her son said she had hit her head....I wonder when? After going out the door of the diner is when she fell? Why was nobody worried enough to report her strange behavior? I would think she was drunk if I witnessed her leaving without her order and falling down in the parking lot!

Where do the grandparents live? She wasn't going to see them. Didn't they think it was odd that she called them? Too many questions...

Sounds like something is definitely going on with her..it could be so many things one could not even guess..hopefully they find them soon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther