WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a really interesting theory. But wouldn't she have called LE if he'd made a threat like that? She has slapped a protective order on an ex, I'd think she would know to do it again.

Very true, but we don't know the circumstances of that case. I hope she (and any woman) would get an order of protection ANYTIME a relationship turns violent, but sometimes it's a little less than voluntary. Not saying that's the case, but as her son is on the order also, she may have been pushed to get the order by LE/family. As in, "if you want to keep your son, you had better make sure this never happens again."

That's a really interesting theory. But wouldn't she have called LE if he'd made a threat like that? She has slapped a protective order on an ex, I'd think she would know to do it again.

Not necessarily. I didn't. And I had one on my ex-husband before that.

Ugh I am brain dead. I have been switching the "first" and "last" name fields on the WA courts website. SIGH... and I haven't even participated in any St. Patty's day festivities.

Now lets see what I can find that I have learned to read.

In another development Wednesday, Mealy said someone in the area of Little Fishtrap recovered several items that washed up on the beach overnight Tuesday. The items include an empty wine bottle, an inhaler, an orange ball, and two mismatched leather shoes. Mealy said one of the shoes could be a child's shoe. Mealy said investigators are trying to contact Smiley's fiancé, Robb Simmons, to see if he can tell whether any of the items belonged to Smiley or her son.

Read more: http://www.theolympian.com/2010/03/17/1175674/deputies-resume-search-for-missing.html#ixzz0iTQ5b1Ur

http://www.theolympian.com/2010/03/17/1175674/deputies-resume-search-for-missing.html

This is an interesting new development - Why can't they find RS?

Is anyone thinking that the ex that lives in castle rock could be involved? sHe did e-mail him and tell him that she wanted to meet over that weekend. He could have drive up there and met her and then just dumped her vehicle.

Oh my God. CBW, the man Shantina has the order of protection against, has felony charges of 2nd degree assault of a child from 2005. I am reading through the docket now, but it seems the charges were ultimately dismissed?

He also has about 8 other cases against him. So strange. I don't like this guy.

Is anyone thinking that the ex that lives in castle rock could be involved? sHe did e-mail him and tell him that she wanted to meet over that weekend. He could have drive up there and met her and then just dumped her vehicle.

Which ex?

Oh my God. CBW, the man Shantina has the order of protection against, has felony charges of 2nd degree assault of a child from 2005. I am reading through the docket now, but it seems the charges were ultimately dismissed?

He also has about 8 other cases against him. So strange. I don't like this guy.

Where are you finding this? Do we know his real name?

Yes, re the order of protection, CBW was charged with assault at the same time - the order of protection may have been court ordered.

I'm bringing this over from IS - hope that's okay. The first link is a geneaology website showing SS's step-father's name and her mother's name. Take the step-father's name and plug it into the second link. Be sure to use the middle initial. I haven't gotten the 2nd link to work here at my work but folks are finding some interesting stuff....

http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com.../UHP-1221.html

http://dw.courts.wa.gov/

Thanks Ginky..I have been looking that over and I don't think the OMG part is her Stepdad, if you follow further down the dockets you will see the failure to comply I looked up RSO and the B***n I pulled is 5 years to young to be stepdad. Stepdad was born in 55 I believe. I could be totally wrong jmo.....

Thanks Ginky..I have been looking that over and I don't think the OMG part is her Stepdad, if you follow further down the dockets you will see the failure to comply I looked up RSO and the B***n I pulled is 5 years to young to be stepdad. Stepdad was born in 55 I believe. I could be totally wrong jmo.....

OK, thanks for the head's up. I can't view it here at work so I'll check it out when I get home.

I have a bad feeling about the BF. I'm not convinced yet that he physically did something to Shantina and her son, but something about him isn't right. Here is a senerio: Maybe he was controlling, she has a histoy of chosing not so stellar men. So let's say he was emotionally abusive....and she'd finally had enough. Maybe she threatened to leave him. Maybe he made up the "cancer scare" to make her feel bad and so she'd stay? If she were going to see someone whom she hadn't seen in a long time, why would they drive seperate? I think maybe he got wind of her "leaving" him and he tried to chase her down, therefore he ends up at step-grandfathers house. maybe when she called from the payphone he threatened her again, maybe he said "well I'm coming to your grandfather's house to bring you back home!" Maybe that's why she was stalling in Oly and didn't follow through with her original trip? Maybe she is scared of Robb Simmons.

If she were leaving him, why on earth do it in HIS van? Quickest way to make matters worse. I'd love to think that all that is really going on is she decided to split, really did have her cell phone on her but left it off on purpose. Had extra credit card(s), extra cash, duplicate driver's license or other ID. Somehow found that beach, dumped his car, and walked off to meet somebody pre-planned. Lovely thought, but all things point to a woman not quite right upstairs for whatever reason -- too much anti-anxiety meds, hit her head on something, had a drink or three -- and definitely lost in the dark and trying to get back to I-5.

her step sister and step dad (not step grandfather) were expecting her in Castle Rock. She's flustered enough being lost, and with an 8 year old who might well have been getting a tad cranky and too much with the "when are we going to get there? I'm hungry. I need to go to the bathroom." routine, which if she was already stressed over being lost and late, might be even further distracting.

Add in that "perhaps" she may have been night blind to some degree, and you have a flustered woman running in virtual circles and for some reason not exhibiting any common sense.

Maybe her bf is a . But he's been helping LE and doing his best to keep this out there in the media. Do you blame him? She went missing only Saturday night, is not likely to be found on Mt Rainier or in some other incredibly challenging place to search, and already LE has called off ALL searches. If I were in his shoes, I'd be as an@l-retentive with the details and holding the media spotlight on this as much as possible.

Seems though, we want to bash when they don't talk, and bash when they do. No middle ground, and the closest person is not always the one behind a disappearance or murder.

I'm inclined to believe any "involvement" he had was at most collateral damage so to speak. I.e. telling her he "might" have cancer and apparently wanting to get married sooner than planned. Personally, I find that a boneheaded move based on looking symptoms up on the Internet, making suppositions and sharing those with those close to you when you haven't seen a doctor. Get thee to a physician, and stat!

JMHO

Why am I reading in some places an elderly couple gave her directions and in another interview it was dw....tyia anyone :waitasec:

Ugh I am brain dead. I have been switching the "first" and "last" name fields on the WA courts website. SIGH... and I haven't even participated in any St. Patty's day festivities.

Now lets see what I can find that I have learned to read.

Time for a green beer and Irish coffee chaser? :woohoo:

Does anyone else find it strange that she has been recently reconnecting with people she had been estranged from??? Azriel's bio father, her step-father and an ex-boyfriend... I am not psychiatrist but I find it odd. She has supposedly relapsed recently and all this reuniting with people you are estranged from would add additional stress. This isn't the typical "lost contact"... MOO...

Why am I reading in some places an elderly couple gave her directions and in another interview it was dw....tyia anyone :waitasec:

Best GUESS. Mixed up media. 49YO man apparently living under same roof as his mother?

Couple young adults there, too (his sons). All depends on which media talked to which person in the household, and how dang young person taking notes is.

DW definitely ain't so elderly! or I'm in deep doo doo.

FWIW, the very first stories that came out in the media from the 3 main Seattle TV stations had almost NOTHING in common except Shantina and Azriel's names, They've gotten their stories narrowed down a bit closer, but old info alas still remains.

Does anyone else find it strange that she has been recently reconnecting with people she had been estranged from??? Azriel's bio father, her step-father and an ex-boyfriend... I am not psychiatrist but I find it odd. She has supposedly relapsed recently and all this reuniting with people you are estranged from would add additional stress. This isn't the typical "lost contact"... MOO...

Very good point! Too much of a coincidence. All three within a week or so! Maybe it was for one of the 12 steps...

DW is the initials of the guy who gave her directions from his house. I don't know why he is called elderly because he isn't. More like middle-age. moo

Where are you finding this? Do we know his real name?

If you go to http://dw.courts.wa.gov/ you can search by person or by case #. If you "search by person" on the right side for Shantina, 3 cases come up. The middle one you can click, and the docket comes up.

But you can also copy the case number, go back to the homepage, and click "Case Search Options" on the left side. Then click Superior Court Cases, go to the middle option that says "Case Number Search," select Cowlitz Superior Court, and past the case number in there. It'll bring up the case docket, with all the parties on it.

Then you'll see the names. CBW is not the same last name as DW. No connection at all. But you can go to "people search" again, and search for CBW's name, and see all of his lovely criminal charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769