WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would explain why she would feel the need to move back home.

And it would make perfect sense, if that is what she did. Move back home where her extended family was.

BUT we have 2 different stories. (1)He left here to pursue a comedy career in NY(2) She left NY and returned here ??

IMHO, whichever is the case, doesn't really matter, has nothing to do with what happened to mother and child that night. I know, inquiring minds want to know. :waitasec:

Stop fighting and arguing! If you disagree with another's position/opinion - IGNORE IT!

Last warning! Time outs will be issued if the bickering doesn't stop.

Salem

And it would make perfect sense, if that is what she did. Move back home where her extended family was.

BUT we have 2 different stories. (1)He left here to pursue a comedy career in NY(2) She left NY and returned here ??

IMHO, whichever is the case, doesn't really matter, has nothing to do with what happened to mother and child that night. I know, inquiring minds want to know. :waitasec:

I have been googling away over here and I can find Shantina M. Smiley in North Collins New York, but I cannot place Jay Carver in Washington. I am also looking for a verification of Jay's legal name versus the name he uses. I can place a Jed J Carver of the correct age in North Collins New York.

This is really a tragedy, to my way of thinking not much to "sleuth" here at this point

I also wonder if poor Shantina's body has been caught on something under the water, I don't know what the water is like there but that could be very possible

I really hope the fiancee and his kids have a lot of love around them now and that they will get counseling, this is just a real tragedy

Does anyone know why this meeting at the relatives house would have been stressful for her?

We only know that there was an estrangement from her step family and she had recently been re-establishing those connections. The step family reported that she had made the trip to Castle Rock a couple of weeks earlier, and was now coming back down to see the stepdad and another relative she had not seen.

Sounds like this estrangement began about the same time as her mother's suicide. Then in 2005 she is with the guy that has the protective order in the county records and there is a CPS issue that year as well.

And now for something completely different!

Here's a bit of confusing info (as if we're not already confused enough! LOL!).

http://www.robbsimmons.com/Flyer.pdf

"She originally had an overnight bag it was found not in car."

This is a direct quote from the flier, lack of punctuation is exactly how it was posted on the flier.

My question is: what the heck does that mean exactly?!

Does that mean it wasn't found in the car, or does that mean it was found somewhere other than the the car?

IDK!!!

This is really a tragedy, to my way of thinking not much to "sleuth" here at this point

I also wonder if poor Shantina's body has been caught on something under the water, I don't know what the water is like there but that could be very possible

I really hope the fiancee and his kids have a lot of love around them now and that they will get counseling, this is just a real tragedy

I truly hope she surfaces so that they (and we) will at least know/have some sort of closure, but if she drowned (and I thinks she did), her body may never be found.

Very possible we will never know exactly what happened in this tragedy.

Sorry, I was away for a bit and couldn't answer directly. But, the ex I meant was the one interviewed from Castle Rock. I was asking if anyone knew an alibi for him, just curious, because I've missed that part. I had only seen him interviewed, where he laughed a little then sort of cried a bit. I am not accusing, just wanting more info. About the shoes, I was wondering where it states there was a men's size 13 shoe? I really am curious, not trying to sound contrary or anything of that nature. First I've heard of that, so wonder where that came from or if there is an article of reference.
Of course she had a less than perfect history, with CPS and drinking, but basically what I was trying to get across was that I have absolutely NO proof she went on a delirious drinking binge and that is what caused all this. I really love and need facts, it is all I go by because in the end it is all that counts.

Oh, forgot to answer, that yes, Priest Point Park has bathrooms, benches to sit and rest or chat, and trails. It's very pretty, my father in law got married there.

http://www.robbsimmons.com/Flyer.pd

This is a direct quote from the flier, lack of punctuation is exactly how it was posted on the flier.

Does that mean it wasn't found in the car, or does that mean it was found somewhere other than the the car?

IDK!!!

If it was found somewhere other than the car that would be huge!

Also, do we know if LE had to get something brought in all the way from Silverdale to scent the dogs to, or did they find something that was a little closer to use? I take it none of the interviews touched too much on that aspect of the investigation.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Is there any time frame to this? Like before or after the items mentioned already as having been found? If around the same time, I wonder why it was not listed with other items. Because it maybe was not found anywhere near that location.

I don't know anybody outside of Yoda who talks that way.

Also, do we know if LE had to get something brought in all the way from Silverdale to scent the dogs to, or did they find something that was a little closer to use? I take it none of the interviews touched too much on that aspect of the investigation.

If they found her bag somewhere at the scene and it had gotten wet (I assume it would), would the dogs still get a scent from wet clothing?

If they found her bag somewhere at the scene and it had gotten wet (I assume it would), would the dogs still get a scent of the clothing?

That's what I would like to know. For that matter her shoe would be great too, if it wasn't tainted by possibly having been wet for prolonged period of time.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Is there any time frame to this? Like before or after the items mentioned already as having been found? If around the same time, I wonder why it was not listed with other items. Because it maybe was not found anywhere near that location.

I don't know anybody outside of Yoda who talks that way.

I have a thought - maybe the words [found & not] were inadvertently switched. I haven't seen it discussed anywhere and my guess is if this were true, we would be hearing much more about it. moo

According to what I've read, RS said he brought "scent items" for LE to use.

I have no idea if LE accompanied RS to the home to ensure that the scent items were articles (used clothing or bedsheets of the missing persons) that would provide the best possible scent for the tracking dogs.

It's interesting to me that upon arrival on that beach at approx. 11:00 p.m.(according to LE), SS & Az never left the van. I'm basing this comment on the news articles that report that the scent dogs failed to located their scent on the beach or the surrounding area.

According to what I've read, RS said he brought "scent items" for LE to use.

I have no idea if LE accompanied RS to the home to ensure that the scent items were articles (used clothing or bedsheets of the missing persons) that would provide the best possible scent for the tracking dogs.

It's interesting to me that upon arrival on that beach at approx. 11:00 p.m.(according to LE), SS & Az never left the van. I'm basing this comment on the news articles that report that the scent dogs failed to located their scent on the beach or the surrounding area.

You mean like maybe getting out at some point to relieve the bladder at least.
I know how hearing water makes me feel. Especially if I have been drinking a lot of fluids. I don't know when the last opportunity for either would have been. The diner at 9 maybe?

You mean like maybe getting out at some point to relieve the bladder at least.
I know how hearing water makes me feel. Especially if I have been drinking a lot of fluids. I don't know when the last opportunity for either would have been. The diner at 9 maybe?

Especially after allegedly chugging down half a jug of wine & the last access to a bathroom was several hours ago.

Especially after allegedly chugging down half a jug of wine & the last access to a bathroom was several hours ago.

If she didn't drink it, she may not have had to go. Az wouldn't have to leave the van to relieve himself, just open the door. Little boys, ya know. Even big boys do this, lol

If she didn't drink it, she may not have had to go. Az wouldn't have to leave the van to relieve himself, just open the door. Little boys, ya know. Even big boys do this, lol

Yeah - guys have it easy - no gymnastics required lol!

But gals have to find a place to squat where they won't be seen KWIM? Especially by their 8 yr. old sons!

Headed to bed, folks. Thanks for the lively discussion tonight. It's been thought-provoking.

Night All!

About the shoes, I was wondering where it states there was a men's size 13 shoe? I really am curious, not trying to sound contrary or anything of that nature. First I've heard of that, so wonder where that came from or if there is an article of reference.

I believe I originally heard it in an interview with Det Mealy.

A child's size 13 is about 7.5 inches long and is quite small for an 8 yr old boy. A women's size 9 shoe is about 10 inches long. Perspective can be deceiving but I have a spacer that looks like the one in the picture and it's 6 inches long. The diameter of a baseball is ~3 inches, a men's size 13 shoe is ~12 inches

A reference that identifies the size 9 shoe as belonging to Shantina: http://www.theolympian.com/2010/03/18/1176732/belongings-of-missing-mom-son.html

From a blogger that apparently interviewed Detective Mealy: http://www.michellesigona.com/2010/03/shantina-smiley-still-missing-remembering-azriel/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Legomatica_Locate