WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still wondering if she was running from someone. I think we can also now assume that that knock came from either Shantina or Azriel.

The dogs didn't pick up a scent, though.

So the two water bottles, the larger shoe and the other ball have not id'd to them by fingerprints or anything yet?

And these items are the ones that were all found in the same spot?

I believe they were found in the same general area, not the same "spot" (as if someone just dropped them.)

Dogs are just one tool, never put complete faith in any one thing. Right now there doesn't seem to be enough evidence in any one direction to confirm or eliminate anything.

I noticed in this article it says "on the beach", doesn't confirm that the stuff was all together and could have been deposited all over the beach shore. Is that the case?

Dogs are just one tool, never put complete faith in any one thing. Right now there doesn't seem to be enough evidence in any one direction to confirm or eliminate anything.

I noticed in this article it says "on the beach", doesn't confirm that the stuff was all together and could have been deposited all over the beach shore. Is that the case?

IIRC a woman was picking debris up off the beach, I do not think they were all together. Apparently she almost threw them out, thank goodness she didn't.

:waitasec:

"There is no evidence of foul play in this case," Chamberlain said.

It doesn't say 'yet'.

Hard to say what might turn up... or what they're not saying.

Until this article, there were still some who actually believed those items washed ashore together in the same place at the same time.

So that could make sense then. Different shapes and weights landed on the beach in different places?

Hard to say what might turn up... or what they're not saying.

Until this article, there were still some who actually believed those items washed ashore together in the same place at the same time.

But if they were picked up all over the shore then it's still quite possible they came out of the car, and we don't have confirmation (do we?) that all of it belonged to them.

You are right. But, once again -- inconsistencies. Chamberlain states at the beginning of the article, that they can't rule out that she is alive; and if she is alive, wouldn't that be considered foul play that her son died and she took off whether alone or with someone else? Still too many unanswered questions. IMO

That's a good question. If Az drowned accidentally, and she tried to save him and couldn't, and she took off, perhaps in grief and trauma and shock, and let's say she was perfectly sober, would any crime have been committed? I don't think so, but IANAL. Nevertheless, that wouldn't be foul play, as foul play is the deliberate act of murder as I understand it, not negligence.

In the same circumstances, if she was intoxicated, would a crime have been committed? I don't know - it seems some sort of neglect could be charged, and sometimes I'm surprised at the circumstances under which involuntary manslaughter is charged so that's maybe a possibility. Again, IANAL. Again, this wouldn't be foul play as I understand it, but negligence.

I don't see any inconsistencies, nor do I have many questions at all. I am convinced that Shantina has passed on, and that she drowned. My only question is whether she was intoxicated, drugged, had a brain event, head injury, etc. I just haven't seen anything that makes me wonder if a crime was committed. It could well be that I'm just plain too stupid to see anything.

But if they were picked up all over the shore then it's still quite possible they came out of the car, and we don't have confirmation (do we?) that all of it belonged to them.

I think the deputy has his reasons for stating he doesn't believe they washed ashore from the van.

Chamberlain said when they learned about the pounding noise detectives went to Shantina's home to obtain fresh scent items, as the items they had were sniffed by search dogs numerous times.
The dogs did not hit on any area surrounding the home where the noise had been heard, or the home itself. There was no evidence of footprints, Chamberlain said.
It was interesting that the items belonging to Shantina and Azriel found on the beach were just below the housing development where this house is located. The items were about 50-60 yards from the house, just down a steep stairway," Chamberlain said.

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Sea...no-foul-play-suspected-Shantina-still-missing

OT.. I have been searching thru many other message boards over the last few days(none of which I am member) but just "lurking" thru the many different threads,mostly dealing with SS. And I just want to say I am extremely thankful and grateful for WS and all the mods(that I know some get upset at, thinking they're being "overly"picky over posts) but it's just that"overly" attention that they pay to the sooooo many threads here at WS that makes this BB different from all the rest. I may be alone in just finding out about the other BBs, as Ive never taken the time to look thru any other sites. But no matter, just wana say I appreciate the hard work and dedication that these mods put into making this site run as smoothly as it does and in turn, I believe, get alot more "sleuthing" accomplished than these other BBs. I am just appalled at the petty, inmature, hurtful, and downright hateful posts about their fellow posters that I have read on these other sites these last few days!!!! Makes me appreciative and thankful for ALL that are involved with making WS the REAL DEAL including respect for all! THANK YOU GUYS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500