WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI We had several big windstorms this spring and I hoped that her body would be washed ashore during one of them... I think now the ocean is probably where she is.

If she is in the water, I hope her body will wash ashore soon, too...

Just wanted to post that I am still peeking in here, checking regularly for updates, though I don't think I have posted in a while.

As more time passes, I feel we will never have the answers to all the perplexities of this case, which is very frustrating.

And it is a sad realization for me to believe that SS is probably no longer with us.

This case is what prompted me to join this board, so I am somewhat new at this. But I guess when you study a case, as Websleuthers do, you can't help but feel you come to *know* a person involved, and so feel a sense of loss when the principals in the case are found not alive, or are never found.

:(

If she is in the water, I hope her body will wash ashore soon, too...

Just wanted to post that I am still peeking in here, checking regularly for updates, though I don't think I have posted in a while.

As more time passes, I feel we will never have the answers to all the perplexities of this case, which is very frustrating.

And it is a sad realization for me to believe that SS is probably no longer with us.

This case is what prompted me to join this board, so I am somewhat new at this. But I guess when you study a case, as Websleuthers do, you can't help but feel you come to *know* a person involved, and so feel a sense of loss when the principals in the case are found not alive, or are never found.

:(
Thanks for this. I, too, joined Websleuths for Shantina, and feel a real sense of loss and sorrow that the case has grown cold. It seems to me that something is odd about her not surfacing. I feel she is dead as well, but that there are too many unanswered questions. Very sad.

Yes, and it's beginning to look like we'll never the answers.

Yes, and it's beginning to look like we'll never the answers.
I know, very upsetting. The only thing I can think of, is if she somehow surfaces, and the investigation is relaunched. Such a sad and strange case.:(

I think we all know that water runs down hill. You know for a fact that she is in Puget Sound?

We do not know for a fact that she is really in Puget Sound.

I would like to believe it is SS (as sad as it would be , if only to re-start the investigation):

BUT, unfortunately, the height does not match (SS was 5'9) the hair is too long, the clothes do not match what she was wearing, and no tattoos were visible. Still, there is a faint hope, as it is only some 160 miles away, which at this point, is still feasible. I think the worst part is the clothes and hair not matching...

As I said, I would love it if it was SS (as I have from the get-go believed she died, so have no hope of her being found alive), but sadly, it does not seem to match.

There was another body found in WA some weeks ago, that I thought might have been SS, but it wound up being another ( a female 35 years old)... Who knows, maybe one day it will be her. PS: The only hope would be if 1. they are desribing the hair as "shoulder length" when they really mean "neck length" and 2. If she changed her clothes that night, (which is possible). . . Time will tell, but it is , as you say, a long shot....thanks for the link....

And just read that there was an autopsy done, and the death was recent. And the hair has some grey in it, and the height is only 5'7. Sounds less and less like SS......

After all this time, her body could have just floated out to sea.

After all this time, her body could have just floated out to sea.

Yes, and if this is the case, we will never know fully what occurred. Unless something radical happens, it would appear there is no more investigation....

Bump.

Amazing people, all who put their hearts into this case. Still hoping for an answer.

Driving down the freeway this morning I was following a Dodge Caravan, a little older perhaps or maybe just used a little less gently, it had a bumper sticker reading "I Love My Cub Scout" I couldn't help but think of Az and Shantina.

We may never know what happened and they may never find her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea