Deceased/Not Found WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #8

I'm not convinced either, Pharmchick. Very strange story.

There was a story on the news about some fisherman having to save some people after they parked their car on a beach area and the tides came in. Can't find the story online now, grrrrrr. But it made me think of Shantina and Az. :(

Bumping for Shantina, as she's now been missing for more than 4 years.
Apparently there has been no news about this case since I heard about it a few years ago.

It just seems so hard to understand how they could get deep enough into the water to drown but not so deep that they couldn't open the doors.

Although it is a longshot, a worker uncovered skeletal remains in Longview, Washington last week (about 70 miles to the south of Olympia). The coroner has said it will take months to identify the remains.

Hoping for some answers although a skeleton may not provide much, except to know she is no longer alive (or give clues in another cold case).

This and a other unsolved cases from the area have haunted me since they occurred.

Skeletal Remains Longview Wa
Police investigate after man finds skeletal remains in Longview field

I cannot get over this cold case. I know her son was found but Shantina is still missing. Could she have walked away? It doesn’t seem likely but she was having problems with alcohol according to video surveillance and also problems with the ex, who haS been cleared. I fear she is still in the water but wouldn’t she have surfaced by now? This one really bothers me and I think of her almost daily.

I think of her often as well. As a longtime Olympia resident, this one never sat right with me. It's such a small town and I just always thought more info would bubble up from residents near the location where the van was found or something. I do know that other people have verifiably drowned in local waters and currents and temps mean their bodies were not discovered either.
Best wishes to you, You're not alone!

I cannot get over this cold case. I know her son was found but Shantina is still missing. Could she have walked away? It doesn’t seem likely but she was having problems with alcohol according to video surveillance and also problems with the ex, who haS been cleared. I fear she is still in the water but wouldn’t she have surfaced by now? This one really bothers me and I think of her almost daily.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back